Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Myron Lewis a "Panic Pick"? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Madman

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 23, 2010, 09:54:22 PM

The card was ready to go. Didn't look like a panic pick to me.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 23, 2010, 09:57:15 PM

Reminds me of what happened the year they took Dexter Jackson.

how so?

SBF just spelled it out.   The DB position was pillaged right before the pick.   Same thing happened with WR position when they took DJ.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 23, 2010, 10:06:38 PM

SBF just spelled it out.   The DB position was pillaged right before the pick.   Same thing happened with WR position when they took DJ.

i realize that you are just trying to stir the pot, but you are off base.  there wasnt a run on WR's before we took dexter jackson.  a WR wasnt taken in the 5 picks before us.  and if you consider jerome murphy and amari spievy a run on CB's then we must be watching a different draft.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 23, 2010, 10:10:01 PM

i realize that you are just trying to stir the pot, but you are off base.  there wasnt a run on WR's before we took dexter jackson.  a WR wasnt taken in the 5 picks before us.  and if you consider jerome murphy and amari spievy a run on CB's then we must be watching a different draft.

javier went ahead too a few picks.

anyway, before DJ was the 2 guys the bucs wanted, the only other speed guys in the draft, beside mike wallace.

avery and desean went ahead of DJ.

thats the run on speed WR's that caused us to take DJ.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 23, 2010, 10:16:35 PM

Lewis seems like a high-character kid......

Personal
Myron A. Lewis... Son of Gloria Milligan and Myron Lewis Sr... Has four brothers... Lewis earned a degree in Human and Organizational Development, finishing in December 2009. He is a 2008 SEC Academic Honor Roll recipient... Mom works for local school system; dad is electrician... Two brothers, Hamin Milligan and Hanik Milligan, are currently playing pro football... Hopes to become a business owner... An honors student who enjoys perfect school attendance... Recipient of Horatio Algers Scholarship.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 23, 2010, 10:18:53 PM

What the heck is a "Human and Organizational Development" degree?    Is that the degree where they teach them how to coach pee wee football?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#36 : April 23, 2010, 10:21:35 PM

Dude sounds like a perfect fit for cover 2. If there is one thing to trust Rah with, it's DBs.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 23, 2010, 10:23:45 PM

Although Myron Lewis is not a "sexy" pick/name it is hardly a panic pick as there are still quality CB's left - Dominique Franks for one.  To compare a third round pick to Dexter Jackson is CRAZY!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2010, 10:25:04 PM

Maybe Rheem sees something in this kid. He knows better then I do. I just don't understand why we would take a guy with the 3rd pick of the third round that was projected by every single site I could find to be a 6th round pick. Couldn't we have got him in the 4th? or 5th? Oh thats right. We gave up our 5th to move up three spots in the second to get a crappy WR that nobody else even wanted. My bad.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 23, 2010, 10:25:47 PM

anyway, before DJ was the 2 guys the bucs wanted, the only other speed guys in the draft, beside mike wallace.

arenas went 17 picks before us...are we considering that part of the "run" on CB's that freaked dominik out?

avery went 20 picks in front of us...whats that, 2-3 hours of draft time?  do you really think the Bucs went into the draft and had only 2 guys on their BigBoard for the 50th pick?

you dont like the pick, fine.  but its a weak cheapshot imo.  have at it though.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 23, 2010, 10:29:06 PM

arenas went 17 picks before us...are we considering that part of the "run" on CB's that freaked dominik out?

avery went 20 picks in front of us...whats that, 2-3 hours of draft time?  do you really think the Bucs went into the draft and had only 2 guys on their BigBoard for the 50th pick?

you dont like the pick, fine.  but its a weak cheapshot imo.  have at it though.

javier went 17 pikcs.. so?

2 DB's went right infront of us.  im not saying it was a panic pick, im asking, do you think it is?

you dont i can see.

but to even argue that dexter wasnt a panic pick... cmon...

i think people even came out and said it was a panic pick.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 23, 2010, 10:32:59 PM

To compare a third round pick to Dexter Jackson is CRAZY!!!

The talent in this draft is so far superior to the talent in that Dexter Jackson draft that the players in the 3rd round of this one are better than the players in the 2nd round of that one.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 23, 2010, 10:34:15 PM

Maybe Rheem sees something in this kid. He knows better then I do. I just don't understand why we would take a guy with the 3rd pick of the third round that was projected by every single site I could find to be a 6th round pick. Couldn't we have got him in the 4th? or 5th? Oh thats right. We gave up our 5th to move up three spots in the second to get a crappy WR that nobody else even wanted. My bad.

Kiper had Lewis going in the 3rd round (pick 90) to Dallas.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 23, 2010, 10:35:15 PM

What the hell are you even trying to say as you just made my point - we drafted a far superior player in the THIRD ROUND when Allen and Gruden screwed up and spent a SECOND on a piece of crap wuss!!  Oh well we wasted a pick  on Ruud and Trueblood as well.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 23, 2010, 10:39:42 PM

As much as some people dislike Raheem, you can't deny the fact that the guy knows his DB's.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Myron Lewis a "Panic Pick"? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools