Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Myron Lewis a "Panic Pick"? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#60 : April 24, 2010, 12:24:18 AM

I liked that Vanderbilt secondary in 08-09 and Myron Lewis was a stud CB on a bad football team

Trust me guys this guy is going to perform

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 24, 2010, 12:37:52 AM

ESPN seems to think it was a good pick:

Lewis is another guy with a great combination of size and solid instincts. He's a bit tight but fits perfectly in Tampa's scheme because he can play near the line of scrimmage due to his physicality and utilize his above-average tackling skills.

As a Gators fan, this guy was one of the very few players for Vandy that wasn't constantly getting exposed. He'd be terrible if we still had Bates' system, but in our Tampa 2 hybrid he's a perfect fit. And a smart guy, too, which never hurts.

And on that note...we seem to be focusing on high character guys so far. Wonder if this means we might be one of the teams likely to take a shot at Myron Rolle? I'd wait till the 6th and hope he's there simply because safety isn't a need, but if he's there I'd take him. I think it's silly that he's being punished for having off the field interests like being a friggin genius when guys like Ben Rapistberger and Pacman Jones have off the field interests like "scrip clubs" and sexual assault and get picked early.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 24, 2010, 12:50:43 AM

so what makes you think this was a panic pick? �because the Bucs didnt even use their allotted 5 minutes? �or because you've never heard of the player?

because DB was pillaged before they picked.

Did you just learn a new word?

It wasn't a panic pick. The card was in within a minute of the Spievey pick. I think that indicates they knew exactly who they were getting. In addition Brandon Ghee was still on the board and the Bucs could have picked him. Simply because you never heard of the guy doesn't make him a panic pick.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 24, 2010, 02:35:34 AM

Dom seems to know exactly who he wants and I'm sure he has plan A,B C, and D ready for every pick. Don't see it being a panic pick at all.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 24, 2010, 03:45:44 AM

Dom seems to know exactly who he wants and I'm sure he has plan A,B C, and D ready for every pick. Don't see it being a panic pick at all.

Dominik said they had a 2nd round grade on Lewis.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 24, 2010, 04:31:05 AM

if you go to NFL.com and click on the draft they have every pick rated for value.  Lewis was a solid 6.9.  A higher score than the CB taken right before him.  He wasn't a reach.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 24, 2010, 05:04:40 AM

Dominik said they had a 2nd round grade on Lewis.

They basically took him in the 2nd round.   3rd pick in the 3rd round ain't far away.   

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 24, 2010, 05:15:27 AM

ESPN seems to think it was a good pick:

Lewis is another guy with a great combination of size and solid instincts. He's a bit tight but fits perfectly in Tampa's scheme because he can play near the line of scrimmage due to his physicality and utilize his above-average tackling skills.

Love the part about being able to play near the LOS and using his above-average tackling skills. 
Think back to last season, how many of us wanted to throw our remotes through the TV after watching our defense miss tackle after tackle.
Maybe this kid will bring some sure tackling to the defense.
You can never get enough of that.

Turn the page.

#68 : April 24, 2010, 09:20:31 AM

They got the card up there in a hurry.  Didn't seem like they were scrambling to come up with something, like you would think if they were panicked
  Then getting the card up fast as they did tells me they knew who they wanted and got him.  Rah seems to be a DB freak, he knows how to pick them and maybe this was his pick all along.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Myron Lewis a "Panic Pick"? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools