Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THEIR SIXTH-ROUND PICK (172 OVERALL) THE BUCS SELECT P BRENT BOWDEN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hammerhead

Starter

#30 : April 24, 2010, 02:03:04 PM

Can't underestimate the importance of special teams and this was a real need pick.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 24, 2010, 02:04:44 PM

Considering we went through 3 bags of rocks last year with ho-hum results, I'm not against using a throwaway pick on an instant starter who is young enough to solidify the position

I don't think he's an instant starter other than being drafted justifying his status. I'd bet you could roll in 2 other punters and in a fair fight options B or C is a more than equal shot to win.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 24, 2010, 02:06:22 PM

Pretty anti-climactic, but you still need punters. I thought there was good value at RB, though.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 24, 2010, 02:12:27 PM

Huge part of "Beamer ball" was their special teams.

He was their main contributor.

T

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 24, 2010, 02:14:02 PM

I would've prefered a DE like Hardy before a Punter. But Punter was a huge need

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 24, 2010, 02:25:08 PM

Maybe we get someone else at DE on the June 1st cuts, or maneuver a trade at some point.. But with Price playing some DE and Crowder and Stylez White are only going to be singled up when the twin towers are on the field..   I could play DE and get close to the Quarterback..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 24, 2010, 02:37:41 PM

Was this guy even the 2nd ranked punter?

NFL.com had him ranked #1...although I think most had the guy NE got at #1. With that said, this guy seems to be a good punter prospect and I thought I read somewhere that he only has been punting the last 2 years. His 1st two years he was the backup punter, so he still is working and developing his craft. If he is this good now...that's a good sign.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 24, 2010, 02:44:17 PM

SR...What is the problem with Blount? There has to be something going on for him to drop like this...
I heard a rumor that he punched a kid in the face and then went crazy Ron Artest style on some fans.

Just a rumor though.

Really? You'd think the TV guys would be all over this one!!

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WITH THEIR SIXTH-ROUND PICK (172 OVERALL) THE BUCS SELECT P BRENT BOWDEN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools