Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Grades from around the web « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Doug09

Hall of Famer

: April 24, 2010, 06:10:13 PM

Post all of the ones you can find.

WalterFootball
-------------------
Gerald McCoy - A
Brian Price - C
Arrelious Benn - A
Myron Lewis - B
Mike Williams - C
Brent Bowden - C
Cody Grimm - A
Dekoda Watson - A
Erik Lorig - B

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 24, 2010, 06:47:24 PM

NFL Draft Countdown Player Selection Ratings (1-5 star rating)

Gerald McCoy - 5 Stars (Elite)
Brian Price - 3 Stars (Rnd 2 or 3)
Arrelious Benn - 3 Stars (Rnd 2 or 3)
Myron Lewis - 3 Stars (Rnd 2 or 3)
Mike Williams - 2 Stars (Mid-Rounder)
Brent Bowden - 1 Star (Late Round / FA)
Cody Grimm - 1 Star (Late Round / FA)
Dekoda Watson - 2 Stars (Mid-Rounder)    <-----Interesting
Erik Lorig -  1 Star (Late Round / FA)

This tells me we didn't reach on anyone. Good to know.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 24, 2010, 06:51:40 PM

Agreed TBC no reaches is a very good thing.  Dekoda was ranked around a 3rd or 4th round pick so I was very surprised and pleased to take him in the seventh.

#3 : April 24, 2010, 06:53:11 PM

Interesting to see Williams only fetched a C rating.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#4 : April 24, 2010, 06:55:01 PM

Brian Price is at least a B...He was the 3rd best DT in this draft

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : April 24, 2010, 07:04:55 PM

Post all of the ones you can find.

WalterFootball
-------------------
Gerald McCoy - A
Brian Price - C
Arrelious Benn - A
Myron Lewis - B
Mike Williams - C
Brent Bowden - C
Cody Grimm - A
Dekoda Watson - A
Erik Lorig - B
LOL... my 2 A+ Grades are C's too them.

Most are retarded and think that we just took 2 DT's that play the same position. They don't understand the scheme and just how bad we were up the middle last year. Also the media is on Mike Williams back so I don't expect them to be fans of his pick, they think he is a bad person and have exploited it as such.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 24, 2010, 07:16:44 PM

At least a B, but next to McCoy...maybe he will produce like an A, at least thats the theory.

thanson

Starter

#7 : April 24, 2010, 07:24:43 PM

Mike Williams - C could be A status but time will tell......after clayton, stoval, that kick retuner in 2nd that gruden had and the dude from the 7th

HughC

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 24, 2010, 11:47:48 PM

From Pete Prisco on CBS Sports: Draft Grades: Bucs give some contenders some competition for honor roll

Good teams usually draft well. It's that simple.

Fans and many in the media get all caught up in free agency, but the good teams get built through the draft and usually avoid spending in free agency.

That's why it seems the same teams usually end up getting the good grades after the NFL Draft. It's the Eagles, Steelers, Patriots, Chargers and Ravens. It's their party.

But this year, there's a party crasher.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

They owned this draft. For all the ripping that general manager Mark Dominik has taken in some circles in his first year on the job, there's no denying he should be standing proud today.

The Bucs had four picks in the first three rounds and nailed each one. They landed defensive tackles Gerald McCoy and Brian Price in the first two rounds to help the defense. Then they took receiver Arrelious Benn in the second round and corner/safety Myron Lewis in the third round.

That's a nice haul. But they didn't stop there. They added several more good players like receiver Mike Williams and linebacker Dekoda Watson.

Dominik had a good draft in 2009, his first running the show. And he followed up again.

The Bucs are doing things the right way, drafting well.

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter

#9 : April 24, 2010, 11:50:06 PM

That's one hell of a sig TbC I'm jealous!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 24, 2010, 11:51:45 PM

The problem some have with the Bucs picking Price is they dont like the fact that Tampa picked him along with McCoy. Kiper didnt think it was a bad idea, but thought the Bucs should have traded back and filled more holes.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#11 : April 24, 2010, 11:53:36 PM

More from that same column:

Best pick: I like the choice of receiver Arrelious Benn in the second round. He has loads of talent and will become Josh Freeman's go-to receiver.

Questionable move: Receiver Mike Williams quit the Syracuse football team, which dropped him down. But he is a big-time talent who might turn out to be a heck of a player.

Third-day gem: Dekoda Watson is an athletic linebacker who fits in perfectly with what Tampa Bay wants to do. Getting him in Round 7 is a steal.

Analysis: I absolutely love their draft. General manager Mark Dominik did a great job with a lot of picks. The Bucs have a great young group to build around.

Grade: A+

The Bucs and Eagles were the only teams getting a perfect A+
In the division, the Saints got a C, Panthers a B+, and Falcons a B-
Worst grades went to the Chiefs and Broncos, both a C-.

X Factor

Starter
#12 : April 24, 2010, 11:57:36 PM

Overall I got us down for a A. We passed on some great prospects in the 6th for the punter though - probably could of drafted him in the 7th.. And passing on Griffen in the 3rd was a crime... lol Still love our draft..

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

X Factor

Starter
#13 : April 25, 2010, 12:09:52 AM

FoxSports grade - John Czarnecki

Tampa Bay: Maybe they had Ndamukong Suh rated higher than Gerald McCoy, but this Oklahoma tackle will be an instant starter and bring energy and pass-rush ability. The Bucs followed that with another DT in UCLA’s Brian Price, a great three-technique rusher while ignoring a chance to take a receiver. But they got quality at that position with Arrelious Benn of Illinois because he entered the 2009 season as a top ten pick but suffered an ankle injury and struggled because of the horrible Illinois quarterback situation. Syracuse WR Mike Williams got suspended last season, but most teams had a second-round grade on him, so he was a bargain in the fourth round. I don’t know if Cody Grimm can hold up in the NFL, but the Virginia Tech safety forced eight fumbles last season and is a high-energy guy. Grade: A

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 25, 2010, 12:12:10 AM

FoxSports grade - John Czarnecki

Tampa Bay: Maybe they had Ndamukong Suh rated higher than Gerald McCoy, but this Oklahoma tackle will be an instant starter and bring energy and pass-rush ability. The Bucs followed that with another DT in UCLA’s Brian Price, a great three-technique rusher while ignoring a chance to take a receiver. But they got quality at that position with Arrelious Benn of Illinois because he entered the 2009 season as a top ten pick but suffered an ankle injury and struggled because of the horrible Illinois quarterback situation. Syracuse WR Mike Williams got suspended last season, but most teams had a second-round grade on him, so he was a bargain in the fourth round. I don’t know if Cody Grimm can hold up in the NFL, but the Virginia Tech safety forced eight fumbles last season and is a high-energy guy. Grade: A

Fox sports usually slams us. I hope Cody can produce fumbles on special teams

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Grades from around the web « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools