Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Grades from around the web « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 25, 2010, 11:10:30 AM

Post all of the ones you can find.

WalterFootball
-------------------
Gerald McCoy - A
Brian Price - C
Arrelious Benn - A
Myron Lewis - B
Mike Williams - C
Brent Bowden - C
Cody Grimm - A
Dekoda Watson - A
Erik Lorig - B

Anyone who gives us a C for Brian Price in the 2nd loses all credibility imo. If they can't see how important it is to have a solid rotation at DT, then they obviously don't know what they are talking about. Walterfootball also went on to say part of the reason Price made no sense is because we have Miller and Hovan......really? Hovan?

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 25, 2010, 11:41:30 AM

While I love the grade and DO agree that we had a wonderful draft, Pete Prisco is borderline retarded. I wouldn't take a single thing he says worth a grain of salt.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 25, 2010, 12:23:03 PM

Quote from: Mel Kiper
The story for Tampa is they drastically improved arguably their two weakest position groups. Productive draft.

This is the biggest point that stands out to me in this draft.  Dominik seemed to have hedged his bets at DT and WR by drafting 2 of each in the first 5 picks.  Odds are all 4 won't pan out, but one at each position should be very productive for the team for a good while.

Hopefully all four are standouts.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#33 : April 25, 2010, 02:42:36 PM

McShay and Kiper both loved the draft and had us will ahead of anyone in the draft...

Nice to here my opinion of the draft reaffirmed, however like it was said, draft grades mean nothing until we find out about these men. On paper this looks like a special draft.

And we did a great job of turning our 2 biggest weaknesses into strengths.

Cleanupman

Starter

#34 : April 25, 2010, 05:57:07 PM

draft grades are for the birds

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 25, 2010, 07:21:57 PM

Brian Price is at least a B...He was the 3rd best DT in this draft

The problem some have with the Bucs picking Price is they dont like the fact that Tampa picked him along with McCoy. Kiper didnt think it was a bad idea, but thought the Bucs should have traded back and filled more holes.
I remember when we drafted Booger.  The analysts all looked at each other, shook their heads, and someone said:  "well, if the other team can't score, they can't win."

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#36 : April 25, 2010, 07:24:55 PM

Steve Wyche has the Bucs as a "winner".

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817c75bc&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 25, 2010, 07:37:55 PM

draft grades are for the birds
Agree but I have the feeling that we are drafting better. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Grades from around the web « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools