Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another possible FA safety in 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coopsxx

Starter
: October 20, 2006, 05:30:53 PM

i dont think we should get him, he aint that young. i actually think he might be the best player on that d, i know i will get slammed for that statement but watch the bears start to come back to earth.

i missed the 1st half of monday nights game was he out for the first half? if so i rest my case

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 20, 2006, 04:36:14 PM

Now that they've got an extra second round pick, I'd like to see them trade a draft pick for Nate Clements during the offseason.

Would not mind Clements being in Tampa either.  He is going to want top flight dollars, and Bills fans are not very happy with him of late.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 20, 2006, 04:31:33 PM

Now that they've got an extra second round pick, I'd like to see them trade a draft pick for Nate Clements during the offseason.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 20, 2006, 03:55:22 PM

No thanks.  Our current safeties have enough injury problems as it is.

#4 : October 20, 2006, 03:54:46 PM

Word up here in Chicago is that Mike Brown will be a cap casualty. He is signed through 2008 but he has been injury prone and will make 2.5 mil. Great young safety but the injury problems have been unreal

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 20, 2006, 09:23:47 PM

more FA safeties:  gibril wilson, michael lewis and ken hamlin are all unrestricted free agents after this season. each of them are in their mid to late twenties and all have significant starting experience. 

bucshot224

Second String

#6 : October 21, 2006, 01:14:35 AM

Ken Hamlin would be really nice....

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

140BPM

Practice Squad

#7 : October 21, 2006, 02:48:23 AM

A guy just as injury prone as Booger (if not worse) at safety?  No thanks.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#8 : October 21, 2006, 03:14:09 AM

Coopsxx, that's just wrong. Brown is good at times, but Urlacher, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs all have Brown beat by miles.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 21, 2006, 06:04:44 AM

Maybe we can just bring back Lynch.

coopsxx

Starter
#10 : October 21, 2006, 08:59:51 AM

Coopsxx, that's just wrong. Brown is good at times, but Urlacher, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs all have Brown beat by miles.

watch what happens.

check back the 2004 season before the Bears were a 'great' D - they had Urlacher, harris briigs, but brown was on IR

oh and guess who was out injured went steve smith posted 200 receiving yards in the playoffs

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 21, 2006, 09:51:53 AM

I think Lynch has bad blood here. He would only sign here if he A) Didnt want to hang it up and no one else would sign him. B) Ronde, Shelt, Brooks, Rice, SPires ETC.... convinced him.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 21, 2006, 10:22:01 AM

why would we bring back a 1 year stop gap  guy?  that's a band aid, not a cure for our safety woes.  Lynch WAS a good player for this franchise.  But frankly he has been living off of his name and late 90s highlights for years. 

coopsxx

Starter
#13 : October 21, 2006, 10:39:21 AM

why would we bring back a 1 year stop gap  guy?  that's a band aid, not a cure for our safety woes.  Lynch WAS a good player for this franchise.  But frankly he has been living off of his name and late 90s highlights for years. 

i dont think we should or would bring him back but he did have a great year last year 6 forced fumbles i think

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 21, 2006, 11:21:12 AM

why would we bring back a 1 year stop gap guy? that's a band aid, not a cure for our safety woes. Lynch WAS a good player for this franchise. But frankly he has been living off of his name and late 90s highlights for years.

Are you serious?  Have you even watched Lynch play with the Bronco's?  He will probably earn another Pro Bowl trip as he's playing as well as he ever has.  Lynch had 65 tackles, 4 sacks and 3 Int's. last year for the Bronco's.  He's on pace for 75 tackles this season.  Lynch was miked up the last game of the Bronco's and he's definetly the leader out there on Defense for the Bronco's.

That's what we miss from him here and that is his leadership abilities.  He put up better numbers last season alone for the Bronco's then Jermaine Phillips has for us in the past 3 seasons combined.

I think John would comeback to Tampa just to be able to retire as a Buccaneer and I would love to see that happen.  John and his wife still have a lot of ties here and they still run several foundations in the Tampa Bay area.  We could also possibly get Lynch back for a pretty cheap contract.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another possible FA safety in 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools