Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another possible FA safety in 2007 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : October 21, 2006, 12:42:52 PM

Now that they've got an extra second round pick, I'd like to see them trade a draft pick for Nate Clements during the offseason.
Clements and Briggs for the big names, and any good free agent centers?

bucshot224

Second String

#16 : October 21, 2006, 01:14:11 PM

Now that they've got an extra second round pick, I'd like to see them trade a draft pick for Nate Clements during the offseason.
Nope. There's just Eric Steinbach from the Bengals. He's a stud G but he plays a little C.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 21, 2006, 01:31:12 PM

why would we bring back a 1 year stop gap guy? that's a band aid, not a cure for our safety woes. Lynch WAS a good player for this franchise. But frankly he has been living off of his name and late 90s highlights for years.

Are you serious? Have you even watched Lynch play with the Bronco's? He will probably earn another Pro Bowl trip as he's playing as well as he ever has. Lynch had 65 tackles, 4 sacks and 3 Int's. last year for the Bronco's. He's on pace for 75 tackles this season. Lynch was miked up the last game of the Bronco's and he's definetly the leader out there on Defense for the Bronco's.

That's what we miss from him here and that is his leadership abilities. He put up better numbers last season alone for the Bronco's then Jermaine Phillips has for us in the past 3 seasons combined.

I think John would comeback to Tampa just to be able to retire as a Buccaneer and I would love to see that happen. John and his wife still have a lot of ties here and they still run several foundations in the Tampa Bay area. We could also possibly get Lynch back for a pretty cheap contract.

dont talk to me about Pro Bowls.  That's a popularity contest. Randall McDaniel made the pro bowl here in Tampa Bay and Booger was a Pro Bowl alternate last year!!!! hell, how many Pro Bowls has Allstot racked up at FB despite the fact the vast bulk of his numbers have come at RB?? Gimme a break.  The Pro Bowl is about name recognition. Combine Lynch's good looks, charitable acts off the field and prior success on the field and that makes him a household name nationwide.  Look, he is a strong character guy and he can still play the run but he is a liability against the pass.  I would not mind bringing him back on a one day deal to retire but we need a younger option to replace an underachieving Jermaine Phillips. 

#18 : October 21, 2006, 05:33:00 PM

John Lynch prove dto stillh ave gas left in the tank when the BUcs let him go, but I dont think they should bring him back now. He maybe has 1 more year left in him, and Im not all too sure of that. If we resign Lynch and he is slowed down like Brooks (Lynch IS oldeR) then Allen and Gruden will never let that one down. Even if its a cheap contract and only for one year. Lynch never did play the pass good, although his good football instincts and awareness made up for it at times, so I wouldbe afraid to see what he looks like in coverage now. Probably not worse than Phillips, but I just dont think its a good idea.

I'm going to keep pimping Gibril Wilson. I like Ken Hamlin too, but Wilson is the playmaker we need

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 21, 2006, 08:33:25 PM

I think Lynch has bad blood here. He would only sign here if he A) Didnt want to hang it up and no one else would sign him. B) Ronde, Shelt, Brooks, Rice, SPires ETC.... convinced him.

Lynch doesn't have any bad blood here, best that I can tell.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#20 : October 22, 2006, 02:11:17 AM

watch what happens.

check back the 2004 season before the Bears were a 'great' D - they had Urlacher, harris briigs, but brown was on IR

oh and guess who was out injured went steve smith posted 200 receiving yards in the playoffs

Briggs was alright in 04, as was Harris(for a rook!). But they're both on different levels now and it shows. They had an alright D that year, but much better ones last year and this year and thats not just Mike Brown. It's the entire defense getting better as a whole, and Harris developing into the premier UT in the league. He's probably a Pro Bowl DT right now. You're trying too hard.

As for the Steve Smith game, watch the CBs in that game. He was 1-on-1 for some of those big plays. I remember he was 1 on 1 with the Bears nickel corner for some reason, who either got beat badly or fell down (can't remember). The point is, the Bears corners sucked hard that game against maybe the best offensive player in the game today. Heck, they even got rode in the media which is surprising because that time is usually spent talking up the offensive player in this day and age. That doesn't make Mike Brown a better player than Harris or Urlacher or Briggs.

#21 : October 22, 2006, 04:47:55 AM

Mike Brown may not be "better" than those 3, but its debatable. Around here they consider him the 3rd, maybe 4th best player on that defense. He is always around the ball and always making plays. I couldn't say he is better than thsoe 3, but then again I havent watched every Bears game the past few years all I can draw off of is what I hear up here and all the highlights Ive seen the past couple years of Brown coming up with the big play when they need it. He's definitely a pro bowl caliber player when he's healthy, so I dont know that it matters if he isn't as talented as Urlacher, Briggs and Harris (possibly the 3 best players at their positions in the NFL)

coopsxx

Starter
#22 : November 06, 2006, 12:08:36 PM

hate to say i told you so, but the bears most valuable player is mike brown, they got blow away yesterday by Joe Harrington! it has happened twice in there last 3 (Arizona) since h got injured

#23 : November 06, 2006, 12:17:51 PM

Yea but they are still a damn good defense without him. They remind me so much of the '02 Bucs is sick. Blasphemy! No they are almost at the BUcs '02 level. Yea the competition hanst been great, but if I remember right the BUcs didnt play the toughest schedule in '02 either. Its depressingly amazing to see them come up with a play when there team needs it. Did you see the interception Alex Brown had? What a freakin play by a DL. Not used to seeing that. They come up with the sack when they need it on 3rd down, they get an INT when they need it in their own territory, they force fumbles. Its almost like you know they are going to make a play, you just know it. Im no BEars fan at all, buut Ive watched them all year and they are eerily similar to the BUcs of '02.

I say we bring in Mike Brown, Tony Parrish or Gibril WIlson in teh offseason. Any one of them would be a huge improvement over Phillips. No thanks to Michael Lewis or Ken Hamlin.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 06, 2006, 01:17:23 PM

we need young stone cold killers on D, the hard hitters
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another possible FA safety in 2007 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools