Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa releases Sears « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 26, 2010, 02:55:19 PM

Heard SR today on 1010 -- said that Sears was not in very good shape and had put on a lot of weight.

I imagine the org doesn't believe he can get himself into football shape in time to make any kind of meaningful impact on the team.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 26, 2010, 02:55:51 PM

That's a shame - for the Bucs and him.

Had a sense things were going poorly with the comeback attempt.

Rahs Knuckles

Rookie

#17 : April 26, 2010, 02:56:10 PM

they will sign him to the practice squad maybe, or let his fat crybaby ass beat it

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 26, 2010, 02:58:45 PM

well, i guess that explains the teams very neutral assessments on his progress.  if you'll excuse me, i need to go eat crow in another thread....for a guy his size to miss that much time, and then perhaps have lingering issues to contend with on top of the comeback, it might've just been too steep a hill to climb.  we seem to be cursed at the guard position....buenning and now sears, both looked like they could be the stoutest player on our line for years, and then they fall off a cliff.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 26, 2010, 02:58:58 PM

What the hell is wrong with Bombinik!!  You released Stoney Woodson!?   He should make the roster on name alone.  

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 26, 2010, 03:01:28 PM

Signing Faneca would make a lot of sense right now, if Dom can get the Glazers to pony up the cash. He's on the decline, but he'd be a serviceable stopgap until they can get someone in via the draft or otherwise.

Though, I'm almost 100% certain the team will go cheap and continue to use in-house talent to work on the line. Dumb, but predictable.

nderenzo7

Second String

#21 : April 26, 2010, 03:02:32 PM

That sucks. Was really hoping he could return to form. Sears was one of our better linemen when he was in there. Zuttah hasn't really shown the same kind of thump as Sears.

He's getting old, but I hope we sign Faneca now. Dude has been a stud over the years. I doubt we will sign him though.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 26, 2010, 03:03:01 PM

Wow the 2007 draft class may go down as the worst one in years rivaling the 2003 class.  [banghead]

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#23 : April 26, 2010, 03:03:09 PM

Signing Faneca would make a lot of sense right now, if Dom can get the Glazers to pony up the cash. He's on the decline, but he'd be a serviceable stopgap until they can get someone in via the draft or otherwise.

Though, I'm almost 100% certain the team will go cheap and continue to use in-house talent to work on the line. Dumb, but predictable.

Stephen Neil from the Patroits would make more sense, he would cost less and has familiarity with our o-line coach.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#24 : April 26, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

Stephen Neil from the Patroits would make more sense, he would cost less and has familiarity with our o-line coach.

Wasn't he the college wrestler? He'd be a great fit, and isn't that old.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#25 : April 26, 2010, 03:36:59 PM

What the hell is wrong with Bombinik!!  You released Stoney Woodson!?   He should make the roster on name alone.   

You should be asking what is wrong with Sears...I am sure they know a lot more then we do

rdnewton

Rookie

#26 : April 26, 2010, 03:37:49 PM

Sears is the only one of these cuts that upsets me... Kid had a load of potential - guess it was more wishful thinking but I had really hoped he would make the transition back this year and prove the doubters wrong

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 26, 2010, 03:43:58 PM

Quick, sign Dan Buenning.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 26, 2010, 03:53:19 PM

I just hope that, whatever is going on with Sears, this doesn't make it worse for him. Hopefully another team picks him up soon.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 26, 2010, 03:53:53 PM

Best scrap heap free agent would be Keydrick Vincent, who is unemployed after starting 16 games for Carolina in 2009.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa releases Sears « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools