Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RB situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: March 07, 2007, 08:20:30 AM

I have lost confidence in Cadillac Williams and I believe Gruden has too. I understand the issues with poor blocking but when your QB is a rookie the logical thing to do is run the ball. Two years ago, Gruden beat him to death. Last year, if Gruden used him, it was as a decoy most of the time. IMO we have a serious need for a RB yet we show no real concern or interest in improving the position. Is it a smokescreen to cover our real intentions in the draft?

Several decent RBs have changed teams already and Buffalo wants to trade their guy. Not one word about the Bucs. How can they be confident in the players we have now? It's going to take more than the OL upgrades to make our ground attack productive.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 07, 2007, 08:23:27 AM

I think that we'll drft one and see how the Oline does.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 07, 2007, 08:30:08 AM

I suspect we will see how the offense runs with a NFL qb and perhaps, hopefully, prayerfully begging - an NFL average Oline.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 07, 2007, 08:30:18 AM

I'm sorry you've lost confidence in Caddy. I know Gruden hasn't.

Sparky, if you recall the Bucs had the lead in most of the games last year heading into the 4th quarter, that's when Caddy got the bulk of his carries. This past year the Bucs were behind most of the time so caddy wasn't used the same way. Think about what you're saying "He beat down Caddy last year" isn't reality.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 07, 2007, 08:31:01 AM

I've lost confidence in the sun... It only shines half a day.
I've lost confidence in water, it's not as wet as it used to be.
I've lost confidence in air, I still have to breath to get it.
I've lost confidence in trees, their leaves fall off in the winter.
I've lost confidence in fire, it doesn't seem to be as hot as it used to be.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

#5 : March 07, 2007, 08:54:42 AM

I heard somewhere recently that Portis can be had for a 2nd round pick. I'd LOVE to have him here.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 07, 2007, 08:55:16 AM

I have lost confidence in Cadillac Williams and I believe Gruden has too. I understand the issues with poor blocking but when your QB is a rookie the logical thing to do is run the ball. Two years ago, Gruden beat him to death. Last year, if Gruden used him, it was as a decoy most of the time.

Actually he didn't run caddy in part to preserve his career. With Gradkowski back there not being about to do ding dong over 10 yards you had 9 people crammed into a 10 yard area and a very poor OL. Running caddy last year would have been like running into a brick wall. Plus it is an ideal way to get your rookie QB to pass the ball as he was facing at most a single high safety and man coverage on the perimeter.

You cannot run the football effectively when you A. can't block and B. You have 9 men playing the run...

Baghead #2

#7 : March 07, 2007, 08:57:03 AM

Westbrook was crucial to Garcia's success with the Eagles. Having a rb that is a liability in the passing game will only hinder the success that Garcia will have here.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 07, 2007, 09:00:23 AM

Look at the great RB's, look at their QB's, look at their skill guys WR's and TE's and the QB's ability to utilize them...

Caddy is a good RB and could be a great back in this league but he can't run effectively with me at QB and last years OL, its simply cannot be done.

Baghead #2

#9 : March 07, 2007, 09:02:43 AM

Look at the great RB's, look at their QB's, look at their skill guys WR's and TE's and the QB's ability to utilize them...

Caddy is a good RB and could be a great back in this league but he can't run effectively with me at QB and last years OL, its simply cannot be done.

and he's a liability in the passing game regardless of if Tom Brady was our qb.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 07, 2007, 09:07:34 AM

Westbrook was crucial to Garcia's success with the Eagles. Having a rb that is a liability in the passing game will only hinder the success that Garcia will have here.

I don't have nearly the "hate" about Caddy. He's going to impove, there's no question in my mind.

#11 : March 07, 2007, 09:11:16 AM

I don't have nearly the "hate" about Caddy. He's going to impove, there's no question in my mind.

LOL... we'll surely find out this year.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 07, 2007, 09:21:21 AM

I cant believe some of you people have lost confidence in Carnell Williams after one year. Dont get your hopes up Carnell Haters, we wont be drafting a first day RB for awhile.

vipmark

Starter
#13 : March 07, 2007, 09:22:04 AM

I still believe Caddy had an injury last year.

#14 : March 07, 2007, 09:58:46 AM

I cant believe some of you people have lost confidence in Carnell Williams after one year.

For me, its been 2 yrs.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RB situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools