Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RB situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 07, 2007, 10:00:50 AM

Yeah becuase ROTY means nothing. ??? Okay......

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : March 07, 2007, 10:05:05 AM

Yeah this is real nice to see. As the teams continues to plug holes and feel needs in free agency this off season, our fans continue to find fault with the team. As one problem is fixed, another fan gripe pops up. It's sickening.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 07, 2007, 10:07:52 AM

I heard somewhere recently that Portis can be had for a 2nd round pick. I'd LOVE to have him here.

Id love him and his alter ego's

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 07, 2007, 10:20:44 AM

I for one want to see our bucs get up on other teams.
Come out fireing on all 8.
I am very tiers of slow starts and being down a couple scores.
I would like to see something  like the bandits...We get the ball go to the hurry up right away.Make them run around in the Fl sun and then pound them latter in the game.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 07, 2007, 10:21:13 AM

Trade Carnell Williams to the Redskins for Clinton Portis???
It makes since,because Williams is a brusier back in Joe Gibbs system and he loves the big RB's,and Portis is the opposite. I like Carnell though

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JC510

Practice Squad

#20 : March 07, 2007, 10:30:38 AM

Is this a serious post?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 07, 2007, 10:33:27 AM

Seriously, this is moronic....

Baghead #2

#22 : March 07, 2007, 11:07:52 AM

How is this moronic? Its not as if we haven't had another player look awesome in his rookie season only to get injured in his second and become a turd in his third.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 07, 2007, 11:11:10 AM

This is your contibution to the subject?
Very impressive.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 07, 2007, 11:26:26 AM

Yeah this is real nice to see. As the teams continues to plug holes and feel needs in free agency this off season, our fans continue to find fault with the team. As one problem is fixed, another fan gripe pops up. It's sickening.

The correct word is "fill", not feel, and as a fan I care about what the organization does and express my concern. That is not a gripe. I don't hate Caddy. I would love to see him have a probowl career as a Buc. He needs somebody to rotate with. Sixteen games plus possible playoffs is more than he can handle alone.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : March 07, 2007, 11:40:35 AM

The correct word is "fill", not feel, and as a fan I care about what the organization does and express my concern. That is not a gripe. I don't hate Caddy. I would love to see him have a probowl career as a Buc. He needs somebody to rotate with. Sixteen games plus possible playoffs is more than he can handle alone.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, big whoop.

Just because you've lost confindence in Cadillac doesn't mean the coach has also lost confidence. Just because you feel he needs to rotate with someone else doesn't mean the coach thinks the same. You are a fan, having the right to express your viewpoints and I, also being a fan, have the right to disagree.

We don't have a serious need for a RB. We happen to have two very good ones already on the team. Obviously the coache feel the saem which is why they have not shown any real interest in aquiring one. Which brings me back to my original point about fans finding "problems" that don't necessarily exist. But I guess that's what fans do?

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#26 : March 07, 2007, 11:50:14 AM

I think we draft another one, but Caddy for now is still the man

if he hasnt given up on Clayton, he definetely hasnt given up on Caddy

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 07, 2007, 12:20:19 PM

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, big whoop.

Just because you've lost confindence in Cadillac doesn't mean the coach has also lost confidence. Just because you feel he needs to rotate with someone else doesn't mean the coach thinks the same. You are a fan, having the right to express your viewpoints and I, also being a fan, have the right to disagree.

We don't have a serious need for a RB. We happen to have two very good ones already on the team. Obviously the coache feel the saem which is why they have not shown any real interest in aquiring one. Which brings me back to my original point about fans finding "problems" that don't necessarily exist. But I guess that's what fans do?

You have every right to your opinion and it's my right to disagree with you. As for who Gruden agrees with, I point to how few times he called Caddy's number last season. Why activate a player for the game and then hand him the ball six times? The same could be said for Clayton. For a player to be a real decoy, he has to be utilized somewhere sometime or no opponent will perceive him as a threat. Each year, for the last three seasons, we have had one player as the focus on offense, Clayton, Williams, and then Galloway. Successful teams manage to spread things around. We don't have a lot to brag about behind Caddy, and I can't picture him carrying the load for sixteen games plus. I hope Gruden has reason to feel confident. From my vantage point, he doesn't. I hope he proves me wrong.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#28 : March 07, 2007, 12:26:13 PM

I can't believe that you watched the games last year if you are writing that you lost confidence in Cadillac. I am being dead honest when I ask this - did you watch every game?

Cadillac was under constant pressure from the defense because we didn't have a QB who could even remotely scare them into thinking he would throw down the field and our OL sucked big huge rocks. Cadillac is a stud of a RB. The kid is an absolute stud who made his OL look good in 2005, and got killed last year thanks to crappy QB play and defenses stacking the box every down, every game.

Don't doubt our best offensive player...he'll be back.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 07, 2007, 12:27:06 PM

I have lost confidence in Cadillac Williams and I believe Gruden has too. I understand the issues with poor blocking but when your QB is a rookie the logical thing to do is run the ball. Two years ago, Gruden beat him to death. Last year, if Gruden used him, it was as a decoy most of the time.

Actually he didn't run caddy in part to preserve his career. With Gradkowski back there not being about to do ding dong over 10 yards you had 9 people crammed into a 10 yard area and a very poor OL. Running caddy last year would have been like running into a brick wall. Plus it is an ideal way to get your rookie QB to pass the ball as he was facing at most a single high safety and man coverage on the perimeter.

You cannot run the football effectively when you A. can't block and B. You have 9 men playing the run...
Look at the great RB's, look at their QB's, look at their skill guys WR's and TE's and the QB's ability to utilize them...

Caddy is a good RB and could be a great back in this league but he can't run effectively with me at QB and last years OL, its simply cannot be done.

My "contributions" to this stupid a$$ thread are listed above...

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RB situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools