Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RB situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : March 07, 2007, 05:13:47 PM

you can't give up on caddy yet. He had a phenomonal rookie year and 1 bad yr with a horrible o line. I expect caddy to come back strong and rush for over 1,000 yrds this year. GO BUCS

1000 yds is nuthin

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#46 : March 07, 2007, 05:46:07 PM

I have 100% confidence in cadillac williams, i think with a average offensive line he will be a 1000 yard rusher 8td RB, with a good line those numbers will shoot up. Lets be real when caddy got the ball handed to him last year, before he even secured the ball he had to dodge a defender, their were teams stacking the box with 8 and 9 players on every down. Not even LT or shaun alexander would have been able to do much more behind that O-line. I hope all u  guys who are against the caddy stay that way and when he have a good season this year dont jump back on the bandwagon. He is and will be our franchise back, and will break many of the bucs record. Wait and see!!!!!!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 08, 2007, 04:05:16 AM

I have 100% confidence in cadillac williams, i think with a average offensive line he will be a 1000 yard rusher 8td RB, with a good line those numbers will shoot up. Lets be real when caddy got the ball handed to him last year, before he even secured the ball he had to dodge a defender, their were teams stacking the box with 8 and 9 players on every down. Not even LT or shaun alexander would have been able to do much more behind that O-line. I hope all u  guys who are against the caddy stay that way and when he have a good season this year dont jump back on the bandwagon. He is and will be our franchise back, and will break many of the bucs record. Wait and see!!!!!!!

Nobody here is "against" the Caddy. I am NOT calling for his head. I simply believe he should not be made to shoulder the whole load alone. We need to upgrade his BACKUP and rotate them as needed. I don't believe Cadillac can handle sixteen games, the playoffs, and the preseason, without a lost time injury, IF he is the primary guy in the games that count. Even in his rookie year, he missed time due to injuries.

Last season we all saw what happens when there is no real talent available at a position. It happened to be at QB. Next season it could be at RB. I want Caddy to succeed. I just believe he needs someone to give him a breather now and then. There won't be so many three and outs and our backs will take a pounding. We need to spread that pounding around. Caddy can't take it all.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 08, 2007, 11:32:22 AM

Nobody here is "against" the Caddy. I am NOT calling for his head. I simply believe he should not be made to shoulder the whole load alone. We need to upgrade his BACKUP and rotate them as needed. I don't believe Cadillac can handle sixteen games, the playoffs, and the preseason, without a lost time injury, IF he is the primary guy in the games that count. Even in his rookie year, he missed time due to injuries.

Last season we all saw what happens when there is no real talent available at a position. It happened to be at QB. Next season it could be at RB. I want Caddy to succeed. I just believe he needs someone to give him a breather now and then. There won't be so many three and outs and our backs will take a pounding. We need to spread that pounding around. Caddy can't take it all.

I agree with this. I think we should have another good running back in the mix besides pittman.
Thank you

Pittman is at least durable and not worn out, but he is getting older. Graham is a last ditch emergency RB.

All I am saying is we need an upgrade at this position and the FO seems to be ignoring it.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RB situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools