Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT.com's latest on Jake « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: March 07, 2007, 12:16:14 PM

I perfer a draft pick for Plummer than a Carr. We could help out our D a little by getting a 3rd rounder check it
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Brandon Merriweather
2. Tim Crowder
3. Brandon Siler
3. Marcus Thomas

Here is the problem with that logic. If we trade Plummer to the Texans for a pick then that would enable the Texans the means to jetison Carr to the Raiders which would in turn allow the Raiders to take CJ and not a QB. If we move Plummer it better be for Carr, soley for the means of "handicapping" the first 3 picks.

Baghead #2

#1 : March 07, 2007, 09:06:31 AM

POSTED 9:03 a.m. EST, March 7, 2007

PLUMMER BLUFFING ABOUT RETIRING

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that quarterback Jake Plummer does not intend to retire, and that he is (as suspected) trying to get to Houston, where he would be reunited with former Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak.

Plummer's desire to play for the Texans would help explain the failure of the team, in the wake of his supposed retirement, to hit the market and sign a veteran quarterback, since it's widely believed that David Carr is finished there.

Some league insiders believe that, in the end, Houston will acquire his rights, presumably via a trade with the Buccaneers.

And hopefully, it'll be for Carr.... under a restructured contract, of course.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 07, 2007, 09:08:26 AM

Man Bruce is a freak'n genius.

#3 : March 07, 2007, 09:09:09 AM

My thought is that Kubiak sorta pist Shanahan off when he left, therefore, Shanny isn't real fond of "doing business" with HOU.  So, the Bucs get Plummer's rights, only to swap him for Carr.

Makes sense to me.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 07, 2007, 09:10:28 AM

Yeah pretty impressive to say the least. I know Carr may not be the answer but he has a big time arm, can move and we know Gruden like to tinker with QB's...

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 07, 2007, 09:11:15 AM

The catch is this:

"With the ability of teams to recover bonus money limited under the new CBA, there could be more holdouts.  Even if players don't stay away from mandatory or voluntary sessions, there likely will be unprecedented tension coming from key veterans who are making far less money than some Johnny Come Lately who was lucky enough to be on the market at a time when the overall talent was depleted -- and the cap had jumped a total of $14 million in less than a full calendar year."

Are people making assumptions about our ability to stick to to Jake based on pre-new CBA rules. This makes it sound like the union has gotten rid of that ability to stick it to players holding out.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 07, 2007, 09:13:33 AM

Listening to Bruce this morning..when asked about Plummer he said we'll see how
this plays out 'in the next few days'. It had been speculated whatever happens may not
happen until after the draft but that doesn't appear to be the case....unless it was simply
a figure of speech.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 07, 2007, 09:15:31 AM

The catch is this:

"With the ability of teams to recover bonus money limited under the new CBA, there could be more holdouts. Even if players don't stay away from mandatory or voluntary sessions, there likely will be unprecedented tension coming from key veterans who are making far less money than some Johnny Come Lately who was lucky enough to be on the market at a time when the overall talent was depleted -- and the cap had jumped a total of $14 million in less than a full calendar year."

Are people making assumptions about our ability to stick to to Jake based on pre-new CBA rules. This makes it sound like the union has gotten rid of that ability to stick it to players holding out.

I don't think one has anything to do with the other. This is talking about the ridiculous money going to marginal players this FA period.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 07, 2007, 09:16:52 AM

They are but the point is that teams can't recover lost money due to holdouts. This brings back up my plan whihc is Jake reports, costs us $5.3m in cap room and holds out. The answer to that plan was we'll just steal his signing bonus back and make a ton of jack but if you can't recover bonus money under the new CBA can we still do that?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 07, 2007, 09:22:59 AM

They are but the point is that teams can't recover lost money due to holdouts. This brings back up my plan whihc is Jake reports, costs us $5.3m in cap room and holds out. The answer to that plan was we'll just steal his signing bonus back and make a ton of jack but if you can't recover bonus money under the new CBA can we still do that?

Well beyond my sophistication (like all CBA questions).

Good thinking, didn't even put those two together. I would think with Allen's deep knowledge he's already thought about this scenario and is ready to deal his ass before that can take place.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 07, 2007, 09:26:10 AM

Keenan learned it, Brian Kelly has stayed away from it, and now Plummer realizes it...as a player...YOU JUST DO NOT MESS WITH BRUCE ALLEN!

Don't try and play shifty games with the man, he's got your move either way. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 07, 2007, 09:28:49 AM

Keenan learned it, Brian Kelly has stayed away from it,

Old CBA, does the new CBA still allow this?

#12 : March 07, 2007, 09:29:29 AM

I think Bruce and Jake both new this was coming.  I really hope we can get something good out of this.  Maybe a draft pick?  Maybe Carr?  Cant wait to see this play out.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 07, 2007, 09:47:16 AM

to get Carr would make my day

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 07, 2007, 10:12:30 AM

Look the bottom line as I'm concerned is that Plummer wants to play. Retirement was just a smokescreen and we're gonna get more from Houston than a 7th..this year or next.  That's a good move. Plummer isn't stupid, he knows he needs to get himself out of this situation and into a better one, Houston or wherever. Now both sides are motivated and that can't be a bad thing. Good move Bruce!

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT.com's latest on Jake « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools