Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT.com's latest on Jake « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

nitey

Hall of Famer
#75 : March 07, 2007, 01:30:33 PM

Anyone seen this? The Great Blue North is predicting a Tampa/Texan swap: http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

I doubt we would take Anderson at #8 but Okoye would be a possibility. Jake could even be part of a swap of picks with Houston although I would suspect it would involve a 2nd and 3rd (or 4th) instead of a 3rd and 4th.

Anyway, just thought I'd post it as a iFYI (iF Your Interested).

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#76 : March 07, 2007, 01:49:26 PM

I don't doubt for a second that he started talking to Garcia the moment free agency opened.

I told you some time back in these forums that they would. I wasn't speculating, I was told from a reliable contact that the Bucs would go after Garcia the moment free agency opened. I do not doubt for a moment that Garcia was their first choice and that Plummer was their fallback position. The problem with Garcia is that the Bucs figured Oakland would give him the "starting QB guarantee" that up until this point Coach Gruden had been unwilling to give.

Speculating is fun and trying to un-weave the web of deception and GM-speak that is spouted on these matters is cool and all, but for myself I can only go back to those who I trust to help me make sense of what goes on. And when a trusted contact who would be in a position to know tells me days before free agency opens that the Bucs were targeting Garcia as their QB signing, I have to believe it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#77 : March 07, 2007, 02:42:46 PM

Sorry DTG but Dalbuc disagrees with you and since he is always right, you, my friend, are wrong!!!

Yes! (Said in an Ed McMahon voice)

And Bruce is a small man...

Garcia is plan B, plan A failed. That's called making a mistake and frankly being petty about our mistake but if there is anything Allen is it is a small man.

~Dalbuc

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#78 : March 07, 2007, 02:56:06 PM

Sorry DTG but Dalbuc disagrees with you and since he is always right, you, my friend, are wrong!!!

It's perfectly OK to disagree. I welcome sincere disagreement. However, it doesn't change my opinion, since my opinion is based on a trusted source. Since others don't have that luxury, I can understand them wanting to sort through it based on what's common information. No problem.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#79 : March 07, 2007, 03:16:20 PM

Dtg has been right on the money so far.
No way the bucs do that and not take okoye

75buc

Rookie

#80 : March 07, 2007, 03:21:53 PM

I never believe people when they claim to have sources....however DTG seems to be the RealDeal.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#81 : March 07, 2007, 03:36:03 PM

I agree.

#82 : March 07, 2007, 05:57:24 PM

Anyone seen this? The Great Blue North is predicting a Tampa/Texan swap: http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

I doubt we would take Anderson at #8 but Okoye would be a possibility. Jake could even be part of a swap of picks with Houston although I would suspect it would involve a 2nd and 3rd (or 4th) instead of a 3rd and 4th.

Anyway, just thought I'd post it as a iFYI (iF Your Interested).

That mock was obviously done before Houston gave Ahman Green $8mil signing bonus. Mock drafts done before free agency are useless.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT.com's latest on Jake « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools