Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

kw280

Rookie

: April 26, 2010, 10:52:15 PM

Sorry guys, been around for a bit lurking, then signed up about a week ago.. and I've got to say there's way too much negativity as a fan base.

The Bucs have been fairly successful this last decade.. the teams in year 2 of rebuilding and has already managed to draft a few great pieces..

Freeman looks like a good one, I don't care what his stats were his rookie year, the kid's got heart and is a winner.. you can see it on the field.

You've got some holes in the secondary, but Talib is a one of the better young corner's in the league

You just got 2 young DT stud's in the making in McCoy and Price..

You've just drafted two very talented receivers in Benn and Williams..

Every team has holes, but the Bucs with one more good draft, could be looking at playoffs contention again..
Say what you will about the Glazers, but the way you win in the NFL isn't through free agency, it's through the draft and so far the Bucs are doing very very well.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 26, 2010, 10:55:39 PM

good first post, post more.  many of us understand "rome wasnt built in a day"

any post with the word "heemy" in it, just ignore...

:)  hehe java, dont worry, i enjoy reading your posts.

bucshot420

Starter

#2 : April 26, 2010, 10:56:26 PM

Agreed, and welcome to the board

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 26, 2010, 10:59:01 PM

Welcome to the board.

This draft has made me smile non-stop...even though the Bucs did not get The Peoples Champ (Suh), they got two collegiate stud DTs, two collegiate stud WRs, a big corner who played against big time competition, and a steal (possibly) in Watson.

Oh, and the Punter is a shred-head.

Big thing is, the BUcs finally can go into the season with ONE QB, getting all the big reps, under one proposed offensive system, with a clear and definite defensive scheme laid down.

Plus they cut Hovan!  NICE ME BOYO! 8)

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 26, 2010, 10:59:32 PM

Its not the fact they didnt go after key names in FA...Its the fact they didnt go after really ANYONE. Reggie Brown is not going to win us games. Neither is Sean Jones.

I like what they did with the draft. It looks like a hell of a turn out that I can see all the draftees making the roster. I hope so. It would bode well for our development and it would mean that we got guys that can contribute then the incumbents.

There is a lot of dead weight on this team for sure. Thats why I hope the rookies can come in and push these guys to more promising results or just off the roster completely.

I think there is a plan, but if the coaching isn't up to the task then we need to either look at other options to do so they dont completely damage the progress of the young players we have.

bodybag

Starter

#5 : April 27, 2010, 01:37:37 AM

really we should all be happy with this draft. not the best bucs draft ever(but this class could end up having some pro bowlers eventually) definitely better than any draft in the gruden/allen era, and i know alot of people are confused with the brian price selection with our first 2nd rd. pick after taking mccoy in the 1st BUT we got great value with that pick as most draft analysts projected price as a mid 1st round pick even a couple had him listed as a top 10 and we were going after benn whether it was the 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round price was there and is even maybe a better fit for this defense than mccoy.

think of this mccoy and price alone may not be the 2nd coming of warren sapp but together on the same line will be as disruptive as sapp alone and will open up opportunities for our DE's to add pressure to the QB which is why we passed on drafting a DE. this draft has made us a better team all around maybe not a playoff contender just yet, but a few more wins guaranteed maybe 3 or 4 and welcome to the board KW

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 27, 2010, 01:51:06 AM

I don't understand all the complaining either.   Gruden is a good head coach.   Just let him do his thing and the Bucs will be back in the superbowl soon enough.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 27, 2010, 02:00:15 AM

I just wonder how much of Gruden's success would have occured if Bruce Allen and the Glazers did not hamper with his coaching ability.

I mean you got to respect Gruden's abilities as a head coach. I think he is the perfect coach for getting better play out of vets but is not the best at coaching rookies. He had Clayton look good for 1 year and then bam. End of that. Caddy. One year. Bam. End of that. Joseph. Marginal play but not the worst. Gaines. Not his guy but still. Talib. looks to be panning out but a head case.

I just wish Raheem was the DC. Gruden was the HC and Dominik was the GM.

And of course...Glazers werent the owners.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#8 : April 27, 2010, 02:16:15 AM

I'm not upset with the team at all. People just want their team to win and when they fail to do that you tend to get more negativity and finger pointing. When winning starts happening again you won't see as much of that. it will ce with time I believe but I think were heading in the right direction after the great draft we just had. Hopefully they put it together and give fans some hope again.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 27, 2010, 02:33:34 AM

There is negativity because this team just went 3-13, has a coach that is in over his head, no probowlers, and owners who are up to their ears in debt.

That's why.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#10 : April 27, 2010, 02:34:40 AM

Honestly, I think it is broken down like this:

25% dont like the HC
25% dont like Freeman
25% dont like both
25% are happy with both

judging by that small equation, the negativity stems from one place.....you decide where

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 27, 2010, 07:58:21 AM

Welcome to the board.

This draft has made me smile non-stop...even though the Bucs did not get The Peoples Champ (Suh), they got two collegiate stud DTs, two collegiate stud WRs, a big corner who played against big time competition, and a steal (possibly) in Watson.

Oh, and the Punter is a shred-head.

Big thing is, the BUcs finally can go into the season with ONE QB, getting all the big reps, under one proposed offensive system, with a clear and definite defensive scheme laid down.

Plus they cut Hovan!  NICE ME BOYO! 8)

Agree with all those points 100% Boid. This was the first draft in years where, on the day, I agreed with all the premium picks (1-3/4) and wasn't ever left scratching my head over any of them. However, now that we cut Sears, I'm shocked that they didn't draft a Guard, and that's something they definitely should have done if they knew Sears was gonna go all along.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 27, 2010, 08:19:54 AM

I just wonder how much of Gruden's success would have occured if Bruce Allen and the Glazers did not hamper with his coaching ability.

I mean you got to respect Gruden's abilities as a head coach. I think he is the perfect coach for getting better play out of vets but is not the best at coaching rookies. He had Clayton look good for 1 year and then bam. End of that. Caddy. One year. Bam. End of that. Joseph. Marginal play but not the worst. Gaines. Not his guy but still. Talib. looks to be panning out but a head case.

I just wish Raheem was the DC. Gruden was the HC and Dominik was the GM.

And of course...Glazers werent the owners.

Very reasonable post. 

Gruden isn't a bad head coach, but he needs a lot of help to succeed.  He fired himself the day he suggested Allen be his hand picked GM.   He needed a real GM with legitimate football IQ and scouting capabilities. 

Two questions regarding Gruden that IMHO caused him to get fired and are preventing him from landing another NFL HC job:

1.) Would Gruden be capable of just coaching and letting the GM truly pick the players for him?
2.) Can Gruden develop a young core group of players that become 5-8 year starters?

kw280

Rookie

#13 : April 27, 2010, 08:53:57 AM

There is negativity because this team just went 3-13, has a coach that is in over his head, no probowlers, and owners who are up to their ears in debt.

That's why.

Just because none of the players went to the probowl does not mean that there are no pro bowl calibre players on the team.  Smaller markets always get passed over for the media darlings.

Give the coach a chance, whether he's the long term solution or not, he's a rookie head coach taking on a team that has wiped the slate and decided to start over.

As far as the debt situation, I wouldn't worry.. ManU will not affect the Buccaneers, they are run independently from one another.. and ManU will get themselves out of debt, they are the biggest sports team in the world.

And 3-13? It's called the parity of the NFL.. especially in the NFC South where it seems like any team can win the division any year..

contrary to that point though, I wouldn't worry about finishing worse than Carolina this year. They've got no presence on that defensive line, they just lost their best pass rusher and they did absolutely nothing in the draft to improve their team except draft THREE QB's (one will be a WR but I laugh everytime I think of it).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 27, 2010, 08:57:04 AM

Bucs players aren't missing the Pro Bowl because Tampa is a small market.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools