Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 27, 2010, 09:00:32 AM

No way do the Bucs finish anything but last in the NFC South.

kw280

Rookie

#16 : April 27, 2010, 09:12:45 AM

Bucs players aren't missing the Pro Bowl because Tampa is a small market.

You're right.. it must be because every single Dallas, Minnesota and Philadelphia player is so much better than everyone else.. Come on now.  The Pro Bowl is a name recognition popularity contest

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 27, 2010, 09:28:43 AM

How is Minnesota a big market? What about: 

New Orleans
Nashville
Houston
Phoenix
Jacksonville
Baltimore
Indianapolis
Denver
Charlotte
Green Bay
Oakland

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

wcbucfan

Rookie

#18 : April 27, 2010, 09:32:09 AM

I too am new to the board, although I have watched it plenty for years now. I just decided never to speak up, because some of the people on here can be a little ridiculous, but hey, we are all fans of the same team and share the ups and downs right? :)

Welcome to PR

'Stud' Stroughter

Canes!

Clayton sucks!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 27, 2010, 09:34:49 AM

(one will be a WR but I laugh everytime I think of it).

Were you laughing when Belichick drafted Julian Edelman?  It's not uncommon you know.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#20 : April 27, 2010, 09:36:33 AM

Sorry guys, been around for a bit lurking, then signed up about a week ago.. and I've got to say there's way too much negativity as a fan base.

The Bucs have been fairly successful this last decade.. the teams in year 2 of rebuilding and has already managed to draft a few great pieces..

Freeman looks like a good one, I don't care what his stats were his rookie year, the kid's got heart and is a winner.. you can see it on the field.

You've got some holes in the secondary, but Talib is a one of the better young corner's in the league

You just got 2 young DT stud's in the making in McCoy and Price..

You've just drafted two very talented receivers in Benn and Williams..

Every team has holes, but the Bucs with one more good draft, could be looking at playoffs contention again..
Say what you will about the Glazers, but the way you win in the NFL isn't through free agency, it's through the draft and so far the Bucs are doing very very well.

I agree...I turned on Sileo this morning and my wife listen to 5min and her response was wow this guy makes me depressed! haha

skip

Starter

#21 : April 27, 2010, 09:43:22 AM

You're right.. it must be because every single Dallas, Minnesota and Philadelphia player is so much better than everyone else.. Come on now. The Pro Bowl is a name recognition popularity contest

KW, Please Tell us who on the Bucs team deserved to attend the pro bowl?
I think much of the negativity stems from cheap ownership. The Bucs have been on or close to the bottom of the league in salaries five years running. There are not many teams in professional sports that achieve success while sporting the lowest payroll.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#22 : April 27, 2010, 09:48:03 AM

You're right.. it must be because every single Dallas, Minnesota and Philadelphia player is so much better than everyone else.. Come on now. The Pro Bowl is a name recognition popularity contest

KW, Tell us please who on the Bucs team deserved to attend the pro bowl?
I think much of the negativity stems from cheap ownership. The Bucs have been on or close to the bottom of the league in salaries five years running. There are not many teams in professional sports that achieve success while sporting the lowest payroll.

I would say K2 had a pretty good year wouldn't you?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 27, 2010, 09:50:16 AM

Not better than Vernon Davis and Jason Witten.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#24 : April 27, 2010, 09:54:29 AM

No way do the Bucs finish anything but last in the NFC South.

Stop being so optomistic........... :-[

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#25 : April 27, 2010, 10:04:07 AM

Not better than Vernon Davis and Jason Witten.
Yes Witten was the best TE last year however, Vernon Davis and K2 had very similar numbers..Davis had one more catch then k2.

#26 : April 27, 2010, 10:07:17 AM

people are negative becuase they still remember how this team couldn't get a 1st down until the 3rd quarter in multiple games last year...  they remember how this team blindsided Bucs legens like Derrick Brooks without any kind of send-off or chance to keep his job.   they remember how ticket prices were the 4th highest in the NFL to watch one of the worst teams in a decade...   people see a bumbling idiot HC who can't talk without using cliches every other sentence....   people see 5 year - $25 million contracts for WRs (Clayton) who can't catch a foootball to save his life...  the fans lost all respect for the team's management when they change defensive and offensive coordinators days before the season started...   and we had to watch sub-par "starting" Qbs like Leftwich, Johnson and Freeman struggle each week.....  and we did absolutely NOTHING in free agency during the off season...  and so on....  

yes, we had a decent draft and got lucky the players that we wanted were available.  This was a very fortunate draft for the Bucs becuase it was deep in the positions we needed, and a lot of teams needed positions filled that we didnt  (ie QB, RB, CB)...     other than a slight bump of optimism from the draft, what else is there to be positive about?  

people are being negative becuase of what they have observed.  positive people are reacting to something that hasn't even happened yet..  ie improvement or success....   there hasn't been any yet.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2010, 10:08:49 AM

Receiving touchdowns

Vernon Davis: 13
Kellen Winslow, Jr.: 5

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 27, 2010, 10:11:16 AM

You're an extremely fortunate newbie. I've observed several other newbie threads regarding the negativity around here and every other time, they were bashed into oblivion.

kw280

Rookie

#29 : April 27, 2010, 10:20:50 AM

KW, Tell us please who on the Bucs team deserved to attend the pro bowl?

Kellen Winslow II deserved to go.
Barrett Ruud could be argued

Plenty of professional teams have been able to achieve success with exceptionally low payrolls.. it's all about good drafting, and great management of your farm teams/clubs.

Tampa Bay Rays
Florida Marlins
Colorado Rockies
Cleveland Indians
Minnesota Twins

Most football teams are fairly similar in payroll range, generally the higher payroll teams seem to fall short of success following the overpaying of mediocre free agents.. Tampa Bay is very much under the payroll, but it's not as if they are not building the team properly.. the free agent market has been underwhelming, and do you really want to go out there and pay mediocre players top 5-10 money for their position?
How'd that work out for Washington and NYG last year?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools