Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#30 : April 27, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

people are negative becuase they still remember how this team couldn't get a 1st down until the 3rd quarter in multiple games last year...  they remember how this team blindsided Bucs legens like Derrick Brooks without any kind of send-off or chance to keep his job.   they remember how ticket prices were the 4th highest in the NFL to watch one of the worst teams in a decade...   people see a bumbling idiot HC who can't talk without using cliches every other sentence....   people see 5 year - $25 million contracts for WRs (Clayton) who can't catch a foootball to save his life...  the fans lost all respect for the team's management when they change defensive and offensive coordinators days before the season started...   and we had to watch sub-par "starting" Qbs like Leftwich, Johnson and Freeman struggle each week.....  and we did absolutely NOTHING in free agency during the off season...  and so on....  

yes, we had a decent draft and got lucky the players that we wanted were available.  This was a very fortunate draft for the Bucs becuase it was deep in the positions we needed, and a lot of teams needed positions filled that we didnt  (ie QB, RB, CB)...     other than a slight bump of optimism from the draft, what else is there to be positive about?  

people are being negative becuase of what they have observed.  positive people are reacting to something that hasn't even happened yet..  ie improvement or success....   there hasn't been any yet.

Yes we have seen all this...HOWEVER, it's time to move on!! As much as I loved Gruden this teams past drafts have put this team in the current situation. We are now having to rebuiled because past GMs didn't draft quailty backup players to replace the older verterns.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 27, 2010, 10:29:26 AM

No way do the Bucs finish anything but last in the NFC South.

So let's make it a bet.   Loser never posts on the red board again.   Ever.   I will limit it to that because I don't think it's right to make the bet include the paid content insider board.   So man up if you got the stones.   

kw280

Rookie

#32 : April 27, 2010, 10:29:57 AM

people are negative becuase they still remember how this team couldn't get a 1st down until the 3rd quarter in multiple games last year...  they remember how this team blindsided Bucs legens like Derrick Brooks without any kind of send-off or chance to keep his job.   they remember how ticket prices were the 4th highest in the NFL to watch one of the worst teams in a decade...   people see a bumbling idiot HC who can't talk without using cliches every other sentence....   people see 5 year - $25 million contracts for WRs (Clayton) who can't catch a foootball to save his life...  the fans lost all respect for the team's management when they change defensive and offensive coordinators days before the season started...   and we had to watch sub-par "starting" Qbs like Leftwich, Johnson and Freeman struggle each week.....  and we did absolutely NOTHING in free agency during the off season...  and so on....  

yes, we had a decent draft and got lucky the players that we wanted were available.  This was a very fortunate draft for the Bucs becuase it was deep in the positions we needed, and a lot of teams needed positions filled that we didnt  (ie QB, RB, CB)...     other than a slight bump of optimism from the draft, what else is there to be positive about?  

people are being negative becuase of what they have observed.  positive people are reacting to something that hasn't even happened yet..  ie improvement or success....   there hasn't been any yet.

The loss of Derrick Brooks was something that was coming.. the fact that no other team chose to pick him up says something.. he was a great player no doubt but you have to run the team like a business..

If you want to be upset because what you have observed, fine.. but I'm sure Bucs management looked at their division, knew they didn't have what was needed to win, and rebooted the team.

You should be extremely happy at the pieces they've been able to put in place in the last two years and the speed at which they've been able to turn the team over.. it often does not happen this quickly..

and as for cliche's every other sentence from your HC.. Here's a gem for ya.

“You’re in this dark tunnel and you’ve got no way out,” he said. “You’re waiting for light, and you see that light, what do you do? What do you do? You start digging and getting out. … I’ve always believed you stay in the tunnel and you keep digging when you expect no light.

“You have the same faith when you expect no light. You have the same belief in what you’re doing when you expect no light. … It’s dark and I’m going to dig through. My shovel is sharp and my pick is sharp and my will is outstanding.”

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 27, 2010, 10:32:36 AM

Yes we have seen all this...HOWEVER, it's time to move on!! As much as I loved Gruden this teams past drafts have put this team in the current situation. We are now having to rebuiled because past GMs didn't draft quailty backup players to replace the older verterns.

How do you move on from something that is happening now? The draft was excellent, yes, but that does not change everything that FL Native said, it is all spot on.

#34 : April 27, 2010, 10:37:34 AM

I don't understand the "lets move on" mentality...  I judge a person based on their actions, not on what they tell me.   I am especially distrustful of any organization that is "selling" me a product, or spin doctoring.   in those situations, you can't base it on what they say.  you can only base your opinion on what they do.   and this organization has done absolutely nothing positive since the hostile takeover.  mabe the draft went well for us...   maybe it didn't.  but I can't move on just because the blind bliss makes me feel better.    I prefer to deal in facts and reality. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 27, 2010, 10:39:35 AM

Sorry guys, been around for a bit lurking, then signed up about a week ago.. and I've got to say there's way too much negativity as a fan base.

The Bucs have been fairly successful this last decade.. the teams in year 2 of rebuilding and has already managed to draft a few great pieces..

Freeman looks like a good one, I don't care what his stats were his rookie year, the kid's got heart and is a winner.. you can see it on the field.

You've got some holes in the secondary, but Talib is a one of the better young corner's in the league

You just got 2 young DT stud's in the making in McCoy and Price..

You've just drafted two very talented receivers in Benn and Williams..

Every team has holes, but the Bucs with one more good draft, could be looking at playoffs contention again..
Say what you will about the Glazers, but the way you win in the NFL isn't through free agency, it's through the draft and so far the Bucs are doing very very well.

Each team has their kool-aid drinkers, their negative nabobs, and their casual fans. We seem to have a bit more of the second and the third  than the first on this board.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2010, 10:40:27 AM

No way do the Bucs finish anything but last in the NFC South.

So let's make it a bet.   Loser never posts on the red board again.   Ever.   I will limit it to that because I don't think it's right to make the bet include the paid content insider board.   So man up if you got the stones.  

There is no chance he will man up to that bet.

#37 : April 27, 2010, 10:41:10 AM

and the Derrick Brooks situation is not up for debate.   he put this franchise on the national map and is the greatest Buccaneer of all time....  yes, better than LeeRoy.   At a minimum, Brooks should have been given one swan year , even in a back up role.  the reason he didnt get signed by another team is he only wanted to start, and it wasnt worth moving if he was only a backup.   but in the end, he should have been given his last year and not blindsided...  especially since this team had NO leadership...  

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#38 : April 27, 2010, 10:41:31 AM

How do you move on from something that is happening now? The draft was excellent, yes, but that does not change everything that FL Native said, it is all spot on.

I don't understand the "lets move on" mentality...  I judge a person based on their actions, not on what they tell me.   I am especially distrustful of any organization that is "selling" me a product, or spin doctoring.   in those situations, you can't base it on what they say.  you can only base your opinion on what they do.   and this organization has done absolutely nothing positive since the hostile takeover.  mabe the draft went well for us...   maybe it didn't.  but I can't move on just because the blind bliss makes me feel better.    I prefer to deal in facts and reality.  

I understand what you saying, but you do understand this team is REBUILDING right?? Bruce Allen and company failed to draft the players for the future. It is what it is

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 27, 2010, 10:45:22 AM

and the Derrick Brooks situation is not up for debate.   he put this franchise on the national map and is the greatest Buccaneer of all time....  yes, better than LeeRoy.   At a minimum, Brooks should have been given one swan year , even in a back up role.  the reason he didnt get signed by another team is he only wanted to start, and it wasnt worth moving if he was only a backup.   but in the end, he should have been given his last year and not blindsided...  especially since this team had NO leadership...  

He should have been a coach then because he had ZERO left to help out the team.  Anyone have the clip of Brooks vs. SD "running" after that RB?  I am as big a fan of Brooks as anyone, but it takes two, and he should have stepped down himself instead of putting the Bucs in the obvious position of releasing him. 

This franchise did need to be turned upside down after that 0-4 Dec.  Who else had to leave RJS after that Raider game?  Fans that think 2008 was a fine year clearly weren't at that game. 

bucsense

Practice Squad

#40 : April 27, 2010, 10:45:48 AM

I'm not ready to cash in my lottery tickets and buy season tickets and $5 beer for every swinging penis in Tampa just because the Bucs went 3-13 and fell into a good position in this draft.......Put some wins on the board.....and then I'll spread the wealth.....

If we win any games it sure won't be attributed to the coaching staff and GM........

They suck and have already proven it!!

There......I said it.................

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#41 : April 27, 2010, 10:46:27 AM

I am mad because I feel this team is getting more talented.. Only to be crippled by a coach that couldnt coach the TBYFL.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 27, 2010, 10:51:18 AM

Where was Brooks' leadership in December of 2008? Leadership doesn't make tackles.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#43 : April 27, 2010, 10:54:36 AM

Curt, I was at the Raiders game and the SD game and I remember both incidents.   There are plenty of LBs on the team and they had space for Brooks for his last year.   They put Jerimayah Trotter on the roster for all of 2007 and he never played!    As for moving on, I can accept that.  Ill move on and give them a new set of downs for this coming year....  but Im not going to get all giddy based on what the Bucs are telling me.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 27, 2010, 10:54:56 AM

Brooks has never been a vocal leader on the field.  Now the Bucs have brought in a lot of young guys who are vocal leaders, and have some fire instead of being mediocre bland.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools