Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#90 : April 28, 2010, 07:11:24 AM

No way do the Bucs finish anything but last in the NFC South.

So let's make it a bet.   Loser never posts on the red board again.   Ever.   I will limit it to that because I don't think it's right to make the bet include the paid content insider board.   So man up if you got the stones.   

bump for the coward pretending he didn't see this lol

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#91 : April 28, 2010, 08:04:59 AM

All these Negative Nancy's will be nowhere to be found at the first sign of Success. Funny that those complaining about Raheem couldn't get a gig as a waterboy with the Piss Poor football knowledge they possess.

256 Wins and 256 losses every year in the NFL. Not every team can improve their record every season. There is gonna be cycles. The way to avoid the cycles is to draft well so you have a solid to great core that is together for 5-8 seasons and you avoid the volatility of a roster comprised of yearly veteran free agent signings to plug the holes your bust draft picks created.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#92 : April 28, 2010, 12:41:50 PM

All these Negative Nancy's will be nowhere to be found at the first sign of Success. Funny that those complaining about Raheem couldn't get a gig as a waterboy with the Piss Poor football knowledge they possess.

256 Wins and 256 losses every year in the NFL. Not every team can improve their record every season. There is gonna be cycles. The way to avoid the cycles is to draft well so you have a solid to great core that is together for 5-8 seasons and you avoid the volatility of a roster comprised of yearly veteran free agent signings to plug the holes your bust draft picks created.
The negativity nancies will still be around if they are wrong…just like all the kool aid drinkers are around EVEN NOW THAT they are currently wrong.(obviously until proven otherwise…but 0-7 start with 5 blow outs…and a whopping finish of 3-6 won’t prove anyone wrong about that)

Every once in a blue moon, I’m wrong.  Dominik may have won me over with the last draft.  I still want to see him pursue OSI,

But….you won’t see any negative fan admit they are wrong about the current regime if we go a whopping 6-10 next year.

If we make the playoffs, I will say, hey, I was wrong about Morris, but going from a perennial .500 team challenging for playoffs to 3-13 and then 6-10 won’t make me be like Goofy, “AHHH GAAAAHUUUUUT, we doubled our win total there!!!!”

Sure, it couldn’t get much worse after the first half of last season.  I mean, damn that was brutal.  But that shouldn’t make you forget of the mediocre team we had for the past several years prior to that.  It’s not like we were the Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns and then Morris came in and we didn’t see instant success.  We were a  mediocre team and turned into the Lions or Browns.

Now with that easy schedule and somewhat improvement in the 2nd half of the season, My expectations are playoffs.  Now if we just miss them, then hey, I am happy in the direction we are heading, but another double digit loss season won’t have me on the Morris train.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#93 : April 28, 2010, 12:45:19 PM

Every once in a blue moon, I’m wrong.  Dominik may have won me over with the last draft.  I still want to see him pursue OSI,

"Giants owner John Mara reiterated that the team will not be trading Osi Umenyiora."
http://sports.espn.go.com/newyork/news/story?id=5127519&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#94 : April 28, 2010, 12:51:11 PM

Every once in a blue moon, I�m wrong. Dominik may have won me over with the last draft. I still want to see him pursue OSI,

"Giants owner John Mara reiterated that the team will not be trading Osi Umenyiora."
http://sports.espn.go.com/newyork/news/story?id=5127519&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
It quite possibly could be true, but do you believe everything the GM/owner/Coach says?

Wasn’t McNabb not getting traded?  Most GMs do this to increase trade value.  Again, Osi may very well be “untouchable”, but for some reason I think that isn’t the case.  Could be because they added Paul, could be because he lost playing time towards the end of last year.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#95 : April 28, 2010, 12:54:24 PM

Every once in a blue moon, I�m wrong. Dominik may have won me over with the last draft. I still want to see him pursue OSI,

It quite possibly could be true, but do you believe everything the GM/owner/Coach says?

Wasn’t McNabb not getting traded?  Most GMs do this to increase trade value.  Again, Osi may very well be “untouchable”, but for some reason I think that isn’t the case.  Could be because they added Paul, could be because he lost playing time towards the end of last year.

Of course everyone has their price, but I think in this case it would be far too much than his actual worth.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#96 : April 28, 2010, 01:15:10 PM

Its not the fact they didnt go after key names in FA...Its the fact they didnt go after really ANYONE. Reggie Brown is not going to win us games. Neither is Sean Jones.

I like what they did with the draft. It looks like a hell of a turn out that I can see all the draftees making the roster. I hope so. It would bode well for our development and it would mean that we got guys that can contribute then the incumbents.

There is a lot of dead weight on this team for sure. Thats why I hope the rookies can come in and push these guys to more promising results or just off the roster completely.

I think there is a plan, but if the coaching isn't up to the task then we need to either look at other options to do so they dont completely damage the progress of the young players we have.

I believe Sean Jones is going to help the secondary, and Reggie Brown might end up being a  steal in FA.. imo

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

kw280

Rookie

#97 : November 19, 2010, 02:39:46 PM

Bump for laughs, Where's Java at?
: November 19, 2010, 02:47:28 PM kw280

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#98 : November 19, 2010, 04:02:37 PM

Bingo!!!!!!

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#99 : November 19, 2010, 04:03:50 PM

The negativity nancies will still be around if they are wrong…just like all the kool aid drinkers are around EVEN NOW THAT they are currently wrong.(obviously until proven otherwise…but 0-7 start with 5 blow outs…and a whopping finish of 3-6 won’t prove anyone wrong about that)

But….you won’t see any negative fan admit they are wrong about the current regime if we go a whopping 6-10 next year.

If we make the playoffs, I will say, hey, I was wrong about Morris, but going from a perennial .500 team challenging for playoffs to 3-13 and then 6-10 won’t make me be like Goofy, “AHHH GAAAAHUUUUUT, we doubled our win total there!!!!”

Sure, it couldn’t get much worse after the first half of last season.  I mean, damn that was brutal.  But that shouldn’t make you forget of the mediocre team we had for the past several years prior to that.  It’s not like we were the Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns and then Morris came in and we didn’t see instant success.  We were a  mediocre team and turned into the Lions or Browns.

Now with that easy schedule and somewhat improvement in the 2nd half of the season, My expectations are playoffs.  Now if we just miss them, then hey, I am happy in the direction we are heading, but another double digit loss season won’t have me on the Morris train.
Hows that workin out slappy???

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#100 : November 19, 2010, 04:41:50 PM

No way do the Bucs finish anything but last in the NFC South.

Unpossible!

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why's there so much Negativity around here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools