Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Wishlist/Predictions........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 20, 2006, 10:29:41 AM

Why did you change your name mjs???

Lightening beat the Flyers for the 9th straight last night.....and hoefully the Bucs go 3-0.   ;D

#46 : October 20, 2006, 10:50:18 AM

Is this a joke???

No.  Our kicker on the year is 2/5.  I get flashbacks to Martin Gramatica's decline sometimes with Bryant.  The thing about getting a stud kicker is that it might take only a second day pick or less than a million in FA (although I don't think that any  FA Ks are very good this year).

K is one of those underrated positions that aren't too expensive to fill, but are really essential.  You can make the argument that last year Bryant's good year was the difference between the playoffs last year and a number 5 pick in the draft the year before.  He's not performing this year, and he doesn't have the range.  It's hard to find that great kicker, but we need to be looking.

T

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 20, 2006, 10:59:49 AM

Nate Clements,Adrian Wilson,Lance Briggs, draft a big play WR in the 1st and the best defensive lineman available with both of the 2nd round picks. That'd be my wish list.

#48 : October 20, 2006, 11:02:37 AM

Well Betia comfortably out kicked the last “stud” kicker to come out of college up in NY, so maybe we bring him back.

It's a challenge to find that magical K.  They're so hard to predict.  I'm not against bring Beitia back if he can get it done, but it's clear to me that Bryant is not the answer.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 20, 2006, 11:14:35 AM

Bryant must have one of the weakest lets in the NFL, his kick offs are terrible.

bucshot224

Second String

#50 : October 20, 2006, 01:53:05 PM

Anybody think Mason Crosby falls to the third?

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 20, 2006, 02:02:26 PM

Nate Clements,Adrian Wilson,Lance Briggs, draft a big play WR in the 1st and the best defensive lineman available with both of the 2nd round picks. That'd be my wish list.

Great ideas, but no shot Wilson is let go unless he wants a payday, dude has some serious game. We need Briggs bigtime!

Baghead #2

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#52 : October 20, 2006, 03:06:24 PM

Ok Mangold, Ryan Kalil..........You do the math. Mangold to some was a 1st round grade, Kalil is R2 material at best.
Kyle Young....he's worth a late first early second!!!! Our center position is a weekness, I don't understand how you and some other can't see that.

And it's cumulative. Trueblood and Joseph have chemistry. There was no problem out of those guys last week. Davis and hopefully Buenning have good chemistry on the left and have improved. Wade and mahan suck. If all FIVE of the linemen play consistently well, the cumulative effect is that the tight ends are free to catch balls and not chiop block and the same for the running back. All of a sudden the stars; Grads, Caddy, Clayton, Smith & Galloway shine brighter.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bucshot224

Second String

#53 : October 21, 2006, 01:18:23 AM

I still say we bring in Steinbach. This guy is a stud Guard and can play C too. I have never been all that comfortable with Davis at Left Tackle so I think we should address that need in the draft. I am also hearing that Buenning hasn't been performing all that great and that would be another reason to go after Steinbach.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#54 : October 21, 2006, 03:11:06 AM

a 6'5 center that weighs 350 lbs, I'll pass.......

He's not 350, but I don't see how his size is a negative. In fact, it's one of his bigger positives. Centers with his size and talent level don't come along too often. At the same time, he can be a bust like any other prospect and he ISN'T worth trading down from our top ten spot just to get him. The offense has had it too good when it comes to getting draft picks, stop the insanity!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#55 : October 21, 2006, 02:43:59 PM

The O needs a WR to back up Joey, a center since there is not one, and now evidently a guard since Mahan is better than Buenning?

Get the center in FA, buy the experience and knowledge of the league. 

Get the WR in FA unless Joey gets hurt this year.  Then do both FA and draft.  I hate WRs in the top 10 so stay healthy Joey.  (too many busts)

Get a new line coach and put Buenning back in.

Give the draft to the D, defensive players start sooner and produce sooner than offensive rookies. 

And when trying to guess the bucs picks use the numbers 4-7 in round 1 and 36-39 as well as 55-60 in the second.  And if Grads isn't available - well we all know that things would be better in the draft.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#56 : October 21, 2006, 03:04:59 PM

Mason Crosby in round 4 would be a Godsend

bucshot224

Second String

#57 : October 21, 2006, 03:52:57 PM

You guys think Mason will still be around in the 4th?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offseason Wishlist/Predictions........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools