Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Detroit changeup throws off Tampa Bay (John Clayton) « previous next »
Page: 1

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

: October 22, 2007, 01:20:43 AM

His take is the truth. He needs to find ways to finish drives. If we are going to make any noise this season we need to get a red zone offense together and fast.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2007, 01:05:50 AM

Gruden's take:

“We moved the ball very well when we had the ball,” Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden said. “We didn’t finish drives worth a damn today, and that should be the storyline.”

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071021/SPORTS01/71021031/1049

#2 : October 22, 2007, 12:49:12 AM

I guess the fumbles, blocked punt, missed FG, and missed 2 PC were all in the Martz plan for the game. I think his plan should have failed.

Good post

Detroits WR did squat today.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 22, 2007, 12:38:26 AM

We've been pretty good all season until we get into the red zone. Once we get into the red zone it is penalties, poor execution, poor playcalling, turnovers, and field goals.

You don't win in the NFL by kicking field goals (the Titans today are the exception to the rule of course). A center to QB exchange not working properly and resulting in a fumble falls under poor execution.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2007, 12:15:58 AM

Offensively we played really well except continual red zone problems and we just had bad execution and failed to take advantage of opportunities. With that said, it wasn't such a bad game from us. We just didn't put it away.

Fumbling at the goal line and then letting them drive the field for a TD? That's brutal. 14-pt. turnaround. Sounds like the exact opposite (for us) of the Titans game.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 22, 2007, 12:09:54 AM

The Lions didn't have any trouble moving the ball on the ground, so this defense didn't help much. It was once again a dissapointing game from Monte scheme wise. They did keep Roy Williams in check, though.

Offensively we played really well except continual red zone problems and we just had bad execution and failed to take advantage of opportunities. With that said, it wasn't such a bad game from us. We just didn't put it away.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 21, 2007, 11:51:10 PM

I guess the fumbles, blocked punt, missed FG, and missed 2 PC were all in the Martz plan for the game. I think his plan should have failed.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 21, 2007, 11:42:54 PM

I didn't see the game (thankfully), so every little bit helps...saw where people were asking where was the blitz?

To contain Detroit big-play threats Roy Williams and rookie Calvin Johnson, defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin kept his safeties back in a two-deep zone in the Bucs' Cover 2 defense. That normally doesn't faze Martz, who is bold enough to throw into a Cover Everybody defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3073464

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Detroit changeup throws off Tampa Bay (John Clayton) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools