Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fans of that there "soccer" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

YoozaHo

Starter

: April 30, 2010, 12:30:59 PM

First American to appear in a European final next month.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 30, 2010, 01:46:45 PM

Who?

Nobody on the Bayern Munich and Inter Milan squads are from the U.S. as far as I know (but I could be WRONG - as so often).

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

YoozaHo

Starter

#2 : April 30, 2010, 02:40:05 PM

Who?

Nobody on the Bayern Munich and Inter Milan squads are from the U.S. as far as I know (but I could be WRONG - as so often).

A[/b] european final, not the[/b] european final.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 30, 2010, 03:12:03 PM

LOL - I thought there was only ONE European final... Isn't the other one called the 'Loosers cup?'

Good for Dempsey and Hangeland though.

YoozaHo

Starter

#4 : May 01, 2010, 03:13:59 AM

LOL - I thought there was only ONE European final... Isn't the other one called the 'Loosers cup?'

Good for Dempsey and Hangeland though.

Indeed it is. no mean feat though with their squad. Punching well above their weight.

Oh, and would that be Brede Hangeland? From Norway?

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#5 : May 01, 2010, 12:59:20 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/fbgb/teams/ful/roster  Has Brede listed:

5    Brede Paulsen Hangeland   D   6-4   187   Jun 20, 1981   Houston, United States

YoozaHo

Starter

#6 : May 01, 2010, 03:24:34 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/fbgb/teams/ful/roster Has Brede listed:

5    Brede Paulsen Hangeland   D   6-4   187   Jun 20, 1981   Houston, United States
A city he stayed in till the ripe old age of 2 while his dad waorked at an oil company. He grew up in Stavanger, this'd be him in his Norway strip

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#7 : May 01, 2010, 10:03:39 PM

Noted.  I don't follow Premier League as much.  BTW, that makes him a U.S. Citizen.  Even though he obviously can't play for them since he played for the Norwegians already.

When you typed an American would be in the final - I googled Fulham and saw those to U.S. names and figured those were the ones you are talking about.  Knew Dempsey was in the National side here but had never heard of Brede.  Therefore my mistake.  Again, ask me about Bundesliga... <Grin>

We had a decent game today though..... 

YoozaHo

Starter

#8 : May 02, 2010, 02:05:14 AM

If you're the child of a foreign national then on a work visa but you're born in the US that gives you dual nationality doesn't it? Two passports would be ace. Might have to get Mrs Yooz knocked up and travel there at the end of her second trimester.

Not a bad week for Munich at all, Olic hat-tirck vs Lyon and Muller hat-trick yembo giving you the title. You've been given a MASSIVE Chapions League boost by not having to face Barcelona.

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#9 : May 02, 2010, 10:47:28 AM

Yup.  Bring your wife over a day before she delivers and the child automatically becomes a U.S. citizen (It does not matter if legal or not).  Two passports does have its advantages at times.  I made sure my girls got two passports and can take advantage of that later in life.

It was a good week indeed but Schalke could still become champion so I'm not really celebrating yet.  YES, I do know they need to score 17 goals I believe but still.... :)

Mueller has been a real revelation this season.  Absolutely amazing that kid.  Funny thing, Loew doesn't seem to think he is good enough for the National Team but is taking Klose, Gomez and Podolski. WTF!!!!!!!

Kid scored 13 goals in Bundesliga play this season and has made virtually every game including Champions League and DFB Pokal but he is not good enough for Germany?

If he leaves him home I'm going to be po'ed to the n'th degree.

Then again.... Kiessling had a hard time getting into the squad too.

I'm just glad that German Football has a LOT of young and up and coming players now.  Do you realize that Schweinsteiger has something like 75 caps yet is only 25 years old?

Okay.. I'll shut up now.  The national team is just one of my real weak points since it has been so disgustingly bad over the last 10 years. (They OVERACHIEVED in a huge way)

YoozaHo

Starter

#10 : May 02, 2010, 10:53:34 AM

Yup. Bring your wife over a day before she delivers and the child automatically becomes a U.S. citizen (It does not matter if legal or not). Two passports does have its advantages at times. I made sure my girls got two passports and can take advantage of that later in life.

It was a good week indeed but Schalke could still become champion so I'm not really celebrating yet. YES, I do know they need to score 17 goals I believe but still.... :)

Mueller has been a real revelation this season. Absolutely amazing that kid. Funny thing, Loew doesn't seem to think he is good enough for the National Team but is taking Klose, Gomez and Podolski. what!!!!!!!

Kid scored 13 goals in Bundesliga play this season and has made virtually every game including Champions League and DFB Pokal but he is not good enough for Germany?

If he leaves him home I'm going to be po'ed to the n'th degree.

Then again.... Kiessling had a hard time getting into the squad too.

I'm just glad that German Football has a LOT of young and up and coming players now. Do you realize that Schweinsteiger has something like 75 caps yet is only 25 years old?

Okay.. I'll shut up now. The national team is just one of my real weak points since it has been so disgustingly bad over the last 10 years. (They OVERACHIEVED in a huge way)

I want Germany to win in Sith Ifrica. He's taking Klose for his big tournament goal record. No other reason.

I can see you surprising a lot of people there, although when i say 'you' that's technically not right anymore is it? Became a US citizen recently ,no>?

Love United Hate Glazer

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#11 : May 02, 2010, 12:57:45 PM

Technically - it's still correct.  I've got dual citizenship now.  My parents and rest of the family are over there and for certain estate reasons etc. I was able to keep my German one as well.

You don't want the English to hoist the cup for the first time since 66?  (FYI - that was NOT a goal!!!)

YoozaHo

Starter

#12 : May 02, 2010, 02:10:54 PM

Technically - it's still correct. I've got dual citizenship now. My parents and rest of the family are over there and for certain estate reasons etc. I was able to keep my German one as well.

You don't want the English to hoist the cup for the first time since 66? (FYI - that was NOT a goal!!!)

Nope, thought you knew, United fans couldn't give a flying fook about England mostly. England fans treatment of Beckham after the 98 world cup was the straw that broke the camels back for us.

I've got Spanish history so will be looking for them to do well, Argentina also. Really fancy Germany to win it though.

And no, it wasn't a goal, England might not have necessarily deserved the win. In the same way that Bayern SOOO didn't deserve to go through at United's expense in the CL this season. That's football though innit? It's what we love about it, moments like that create banter for the ages. ;)

Love United Hate Glazer

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 02, 2010, 08:02:06 PM

YoozaHo

Starter

#14 : May 03, 2010, 03:07:20 AM

Love that episode.

"What? Canada sucks"

Love United Hate Glazer
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fans of that there "soccer" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools