Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yes! Batman 3 scheduled for July 2012! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 01, 2010, 03:36:13 AM

Warner Bros. isn't about to let little detals like no title, no production start date and no locked-down plot stop it from setting up a tentpole, as the studio today announced a July 20, 2012, release date for the third installment of the rebooted Batman franchise.

Christian Bale will be back in the cowl under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

With the release date now set, Nolan is currently hashing out a story for the Dark Knight followup, which already faces some steep competition. Also headed to the big screen in 2012: The Avengers (May 4), Battleship (May 25), Star Trek 2 (June 29), and what will likely be the Bat's biggest competition: the Spider-Man reboot's reboot (July 3).

Comic geeks, get ready.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b178986_ready_summer_2012_here_comes_batman_3.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#1 : May 06, 2010, 03:28:34 AM

I dont think the new Batman will be that great. Christian Bale was good and Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman made for good supporting actors but there is no way anybody can even remotely come close to living up to the late Heath Ledgers performance in that film. Possibly his best role ever played. Ive never been more convinced by a villian then by him. He played it perfectly and I hope the next villian could just come close to half of what that was.

Anything Christopher Nolan touches is amazing. Have faith in that man. He wouldnt sign up for Batman 3 unless he has an incredible screenplay.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#2 : May 07, 2010, 12:56:27 PM

I would like to see Nolan's version of Penguin or the Riddler.

I'm cool with the Mad Hatter since the way DK left off, Batman is a vigilante on the run and people are trying to find out who he is, and the Mad Hatter either knows him or finds out.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 02, 2010, 07:12:10 PM

awesome news. the dark night was one fo thebest movies i've seen in the last 5 years. i thought it was going to be overhyped with Heath Ledger dying and everyone would rush to fawn over it but it was truly a masterpiece role by Ledger. Sad to see him go.

Will two face be back? He has to be alive right...i mean i guess they could go joker again but that doesn't seem right.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 03, 2010, 11:44:30 AM

Glad Nolan is coming back, I'd heard he was skipping out on this one.

Speaking of him, can't flippin wait for Inception....

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 05, 2010, 08:08:31 PM

More interested in Avengers(Iron Man, Captain America, Thor & Hulk all in one movie!!!) I'm not too sure anything can top Ledger's performance in Dark Knight, the expectations for Batman 3 will be insane. It's a great time to be a comic book and movie fan though with Iron Man 2, Thor(2011), Captain America(2011), Green Lantern(2011), Avengers(2012), Batman 3(2012), and also X-Men: First Class and another Superman movie scheduled to be released soon.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 05, 2010, 08:16:11 PM

Inception looks awesome.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 05, 2010, 09:30:13 PM

I dont think the new Batman will be that great. Christian Bale was good and Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman made for good supporting actors but there is no way anybody can even remotely come close to living up to the late Heath Ledgers performance in that film. Possibly his best role ever played. Ive never been more convinced by a villian then by him. He played it perfectly and I hope the next villian could just come close to half of what that was.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 05, 2010, 09:43:36 PM

I endorse Joseph Gordon Levitt to play the Joker in the next Batman movie. He looks alot like Ledger and has many of his same acting characteristics. He played Cobra in the GI Joe movie. As much as that movie was overhyped and was sorry, his performance wasn't.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 07, 2010, 10:18:45 AM

I would like to see Nolan's version of Penguin or the Riddler.

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 07, 2010, 08:22:41 PM

In Nolan's ultra realistic Batman Universe I doubt certain villains would fit into the world he's created so far. I would think Catwoman, Riddler(someone who challenges Batman's detective skills), or maybe even Penguin could be done well. Mad Hatter is a laughable villain that audiences would not take seriously.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 07, 2010, 09:53:32 PM

Nolan's original plan was to have Joker in at least one more film. He was supposed to be Batman's arch-nemesis. That's obviously not going to happen now. Likely his most logical direction is the Riddler and Catwoman. Especially now since there is no female lead going into another film.

They can bring Scarecrow back too...he's still alive.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#12 : May 07, 2010, 10:00:31 PM

Nolan's original plan was to have Joker in at least one more film. He was supposed to be Batman's arch-nemesis. That's obviously not going to happen now. Likely his most logical direction is the Riddler and Catwoman. Especially now since there is no female lead going into another film.

Scarecrow would serve no purpose. Catwoman would be awful and Riddler is basically the same as the Joker.

And T, if Mad Hatter is laughable in Nolan's Batman world, Penguin would be impossible to pull off.

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 08, 2010, 01:09:17 PM

Alot of what Nolan has done in Batman Begins and Dark Knight has come from Batman Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween and great comic stories like that. Currently in the Batman comics Penguin is more of a arms dealer than anything, so if Nolan introduced the Penguin as a weapons dealer/leader of what's left of the mob I could see the character fitting perfectly. I mentioned Riddler as someone who is as smart as Batman and can test his detective skills, Catwoman as previously mentioned would fit the role of a female lead. Whatever Nolan & company decide to do with Batman 3 I am sure it'll be great I just don't see it topping the Dark Knight.

Scarecrow would serve no purpose. Catwoman would be awful and Riddler is basically the same as the Joker.

And T, if Mad Hatter is laughable in Nolan's Batman world, Penguin would be impossible to pull off.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 08, 2010, 01:18:17 PM

Why Catwoman? I didn't really care for her in past movies and I wouldn't care for her in future ones. She is just not a realistic character, the Nolan Batman movies on based more on realism instead of fantasy. Does that make sense? 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yes! Batman 3 scheduled for July 2012! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools