Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: Leaders will have to emerge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 02, 2010, 01:50:34 AM

Steve Duemig: Are you concerned at all that there’s a lack of veteran leadership on this team or do you want to turn it over to the younger guys?

Raheem The Dream: You know, there’s people that have to emerge. You have to want to turn it over to the younger guys. And we talk about this all the time. We talk about it every year. But you know in ‘97, Derrick Brooks was a young guy but he emerged as a leader. The same thing with a Warren Sapp. The same with a John Lynch. The same with a Ronde Barber when he arrived. You know Ronde Barber happens to still be around here. He can be a leader, but he can not be the focal point of this football team because of his age. He can show another guy how to do it, or he can help or provide certain things that a guy has to grab, like a Barrett Ruud and bring that to the table. But we have to have our young guys emerge and become leaders. And those faces on the stadium, they have to be more than just, you know, the guys that sell jerseys. They gotta be the core unit of your football team. They gotta be the leaders of your community. They gotta be the best character guys. You want those guys all representing our town in the right and correct way. And hopefully, that’s what happens around here in the next couple of years. And hopefully for years to come.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=28817

In other words Raheem admits we have no leadership on this team.

chad1336

Starter

#1 : May 02, 2010, 01:53:39 AM

Steve Duemig: Are you concerned at all that there’s a lack of veteran leadership on this team or do you want to turn it over to the younger guys?

Raheem The Dream: You know, there’s people that have to emerge. You have to want to turn it over to the younger guys. And we talk about this all the time. We talk about it every year. But you know in ‘97, Derrick Brooks was a young guy but he emerged as a leader. The same thing with a Warren Sapp. The same with a John Lynch. The same with a Ronde Barber when he arrived. You know Ronde Barber happens to still be around here. He can be a leader, but he can not be the focal point of this football team because of his age. He can show another guy how to do it, or he can help or provide certain things that a guy has to grab, like a Barrett Ruud and bring that to the table. But we have to have our young guys emerge and become leaders. And those faces on the stadium, they have to be more than just, you know, the guys that sell jerseys. They gotta be the core unit of your football team. They gotta be the leaders of your community. They gotta be the best character guys. You want those guys all representing our town in the right and correct way. And hopefully, that’s what happens around here in the next couple of years. And hopefully for years to come.

Or that we're going to stick to the plan and get a lot of young talent that will grow and develop together and let the leaders naturally rise to the top.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 02, 2010, 01:57:24 AM

Or that we're going to stick to the plan and get a lot of young talent that will grow and develop together and let the leaders naturally rise to the top.

That will take years. The fan patience is already wearing thin. And Raheem doesn't likely have years left to start winning.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 02, 2010, 02:05:50 AM

Yep. You'll have to excuse Cyber. He sees almost everything in a negative light when it comes to the Bucs. One trick pony. Boring.

Looking forward to seeing who emerges as a leader. I think McCoy will be one. But who knows?

Cyber's patience is wearing thin as is the patience of the bandwagoners. As for folks like Chad and myself? We're fine watching this team grow with the infusion of young talent. It reminds me of when I started watching the team in 1988. It was a hell of a lot of fun to watch the youngsters come in and the team turn into a winner. But it took some time. I had the patience then and I have it now.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 02, 2010, 02:09:23 AM

As for folks like Chad and myself? We're fine watching this team grow with the infusion of young talent. It reminds me of when I started watching the team in 1988. It was a hell of a lot of fun to watch the youngsters come in and the team turn into a winner. But it took some time. I had the patience then and I have it now.

Detroit has been watching their team grow for 50 years.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 02, 2010, 02:13:27 AM

As for folks like Chad and myself? We're fine watching this team grow with the infusion of young talent. It reminds me of when I started watching the team in 1988. It was a hell of a lot of fun to watch the youngsters come in and the team turn into a winner. But it took some time. I had the patience then and I have it now.

Detroit has been watching their team grow for 50 years.

I watched my team suck in 1988 and for years to come. And then we won a Super Bowl. Just a bit different than Detroit. But feel free to continue your whining and sobbing. Time to go drown your sorrows with Java. You two can console each other.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 02, 2010, 02:26:12 AM

Joe, Buc fans have earned the right to be unhappy about their team.  The fan patience will be represented in seat sales. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 02, 2010, 02:36:19 AM

Joe, Buc fans have earned the right to be unhappy about their team.  The fan patience will be represented in seat sales. 

And I have a right to point out Cyber's non-stop whining and negativity. A large portion of the Bucs fan base (and Tampa sports fans) are known to be bandwagoners. But there are also fans (many on this board) that support this team through thick and thin. And don't feel the need to whine every day about the growing pains we're experiencing now.

Notice how Cyber's absent from the "FUTURE FORCE: WRs BENN AND WILLIAMS" thread? Too much positivity in that thread for him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 02, 2010, 02:52:03 AM

What do you want him to say?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Island Buc

Rookie
#9 : May 02, 2010, 03:07:18 AM

Joe   I appreciate your reasoned reply.  Sure it hurts when your team is struggling.  But it takes    some vision
        to anticipate the approach of dawn when it is still dark.  The Bucs are starting to amase some promising
        young players and as they get better together, the light will break forth and we will be happy to be Buc
        fans.   

Island Buc

Rookie
#10 : May 02, 2010, 03:13:56 AM

The Bucs are showing real skill in drafting at all levels and if this continues like the last two years, the Bucs'
record is bound to improve

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 02, 2010, 03:18:04 AM

Joe I appreciate your reasoned reply. Sure it hurts when your team is struggling. But it takes some vision to anticipate the approach of dawn when it is still dark. The Bucs are starting to amase some promising young players and as they get better together, the light will break forth and we will be happy to be Buc fans.

I'm too positive a person not to be excited about the infusion of youth this team has had over the past two drafts. Really looking forward to this season.

I see no purpose in pointing out everything negative. What purpose does that serve? Java and Cyber will be go the way of the dinosaurs when this team starts winning.

And if the team sucks again and the young guys don't impress, then so what?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 02, 2010, 03:27:56 AM

I was curious to see how you would put a negative spin on this.

Swinging for the fences these days.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 02, 2010, 03:29:58 AM

Another thing I'm curious about.

Do Buccaneer wins on sundays leave a sour taste in your mouth?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 02, 2010, 03:31:24 AM

Joe, Buc fans have earned the right to be unhappy about their team. The fan patience will be represented in seat sales.

And I have a right to point out Cyber's non-stop whining and negativity. A large portion of the Bucs fan base (and Tampa sports fans) are known to be bandwagoners. But there are also fans (many on this board) that support this team through thick and thin. And don't feel the need to whine every day about the growing pains we're experiencing now.

Notice how Cyber's absent from the "FUTURE FORCE: WRs BENN AND WILLIAMS" thread? Too much positivity in that thread for him.

Im reserving judgement on this draft class until I see how they perform in training camp, preseason, and the regular season. Catching balls in rookie minicamp with other undrafted players isnt exactly a very good indicator.

The negativity will exist here, in the media, and throughout the fan base until the team starts winning. Which doesnt look like will happen anytime soon. It's going to take more than 9 rookies to make a 3-13 team competitive.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: Leaders will have to emerge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools