Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: Leaders will have to emerge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#15 : May 02, 2010, 03:31:40 AM

Steve Duemig: Are you concerned at all that there’s a lack of veteran leadership on this team or do you want to turn it over to the younger guys?

Raheem The Dream: You know, there’s people that have to emerge. You have to want to turn it over to the younger guys. And we talk about this all the time. We talk about it every year. But you know in ‘97, Derrick Brooks was a young guy but he emerged as a leader. The same thing with a Warren Sapp. The same with a John Lynch. The same with a Ronde Barber when he arrived. You know Ronde Barber happens to still be around here. He can be a leader, but he can not be the focal point of this football team because of his age. He can show another guy how to do it, or he can help or provide certain things that a guy has to grab, like a Barrett Ruud and bring that to the table. But we have to have our young guys emerge and become leaders. And those faces on the stadium, they have to be more than just, you know, the guys that sell jerseys. They gotta be the core unit of your football team. They gotta be the leaders of your community. They gotta be the best character guys. You want those guys all representing our town in the right and correct way. And hopefully, that’s what happens around here in the next couple of years. And hopefully for years to come.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=28817

In other words Raheem admits we have no leadership on this team.
Or that we're going to stick to the plan and get a lot of young talent that will grow and develop together and let the leaders naturally rise to the top.

That will take years. The fan patience is already wearing thin. And Raheem doesn't likely have years left to start winning.

speak for yourself. While your crying and whining, ill be exited about my teams future.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 02, 2010, 03:38:13 AM

We all agree with you BucBalla.

You can't look at our roster right now including Price, Big Mac, Benn and Williams and not get jacked for the future of this franchise.

We will be back in the playoffs in no time

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 02, 2010, 03:54:43 AM

We all agree with you BucBalla.

You can't look at our roster right now including Price, Big Mac, Benn and Williams and not get jacked for the future of this franchise.

We will be back in the playoffs in no time

And if it take a little longer, most of us will still be here.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 02, 2010, 04:41:03 AM

Exactly

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 02, 2010, 04:58:28 AM

The Bucs are already in the process of finding leaders. One of the focal points of the draft was to find guys who were team captains for their respective college teams. I'm not saying that they are going to be team leaders at the next stage but the FO has obviously looked at it and highighted guys who could be. My money is on McCoy coming out and being the leader of the D with Price and Miller being his enforcers while JF will be the leader on the O with Faine.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 02, 2010, 05:22:31 AM

It would be nice if they had a leader at the head coaching position.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 02, 2010, 07:12:50 AM

Well I would have to agree Java, the Bucs haven't had a leader at the HC position since Dungy left.

kjbugman

Starter

#22 : May 02, 2010, 08:24:38 AM

Freeman is the leader on offense.
Somebody has to step up soon on defense though. Because right now im pretty sure the defensive leader is Ronde?

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

nitey

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 02, 2010, 09:01:39 AM

>> The Bucs are already in the process of finding leaders. One of the focal points of the draft was to find guys who were team captains for their respective college teams. I'm not saying that they are going to be team leaders at the next stage but the FO has obviously looked at it and highighted guys who could be. My money is on McCoy coming out and being the leader of the D with Price and Miller being his enforcers while JF will be the leader on the O with Faine. <<

I agree with this post. +1

I also think Ruud has heard a lot of the criticism leveled upon his leadership skills and I believe you will see a more vocal player middle linebacker this year. Freeman showed a lot of leadership skill at the end of last season and I expect it to continue this season. Other than Faine though, I don't really see any other offensive leadership on the roster, but then again, the only offensive leaders on the Superbowl team were Johnson and Alstott. 

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 02, 2010, 09:51:17 AM

Well I would have to agree Java, the Bucs haven't had a leader at the HC position since Dungy left.

Ya, Gruden wasn't much of a leader.   

Stylo

Rookie

#25 : May 02, 2010, 10:01:20 AM

Ya, Gruden wasn't much of a leader.   

And how many Super Bowls after that??

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 02, 2010, 10:04:41 AM

I hope Freeman becomes that guy for us.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#27 : May 02, 2010, 10:05:30 AM

It would be nice if they had a leader at the head coaching position.

+1

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 02, 2010, 10:44:23 AM

If Raheem hasn't figured it out by now......Ruud will never be the leader of that defense.    We need to draft a big mean bulldog to play MLB next year.   A guy that plays with some passion and heart.   

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 02, 2010, 11:01:55 AM

If Raheem hasn't figured it out by now......Ruud will never be the leader of that defense.    We need to draft a big mean bulldog to play MLB next year.   A guy that plays with some passion and heart.   

So your saying Ruud doesn't play with passion and heart?  Interesting.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: Leaders will have to emerge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools