Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: Leaders will have to emerge « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : May 02, 2010, 11:08:49 AM

What I don't understand about some posters is how they see these statements as bad things?

Coach Morris is very clearly saying that someone needs to fully step up and lead this guys as a player or group of players.

There are so many different styles of leadership.   You do not have to be a bulldog or a bad **CENSORED** to be a leader.   Leaders are born from motivation to be better.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 02, 2010, 11:13:07 AM

If Raheem hasn't figured it out by now......Ruud will never be the leader of that defense.    We need to draft a big mean bulldog to play MLB next year.   A guy that plays with some passion and heart.   

So your saying Ruud doesn't play with passion and heart?  Interesting.

In a way but not really.....I'm sure he plays with passion and heart but from a leadership standpoint we need a more vocal chew your face off type.   We've got enough of the quiet lead by example types yet Raheem and other people in the organization still somehow think Ruud will become that vocal guy.   Will never happen. 

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 02, 2010, 11:14:27 AM

There are so many different styles of leadership.   You do not have to be a bulldog or a bad **CENSORED** to be a leader.   Leaders are born from motivation to be better.

Very true!!!
Some lead by actions, others lead by words and then there are those that lead using both.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 02, 2010, 11:19:50 AM

If Raheem hasn't figured it out by now......Ruud will never be the leader of that defense.    We need to draft a big mean bulldog to play MLB next year.   A guy that plays with some passion and heart.   

So your saying Ruud doesn't play with passion and heart?  Interesting.

In a way but not really.....I'm sure he plays with passion and heart but from a leadership standpoint we need a more vocal chew your face off type.   We've got enough of the quiet lead by example types yet Raheem and other people in the organization still somehow think Ruud will become that vocal guy.   Will never happen. 

Although it's still early, McCoy doesn't seem to be very shy.  Now if his play on the field matches the scope of his outgoing persona than we may have found the vocal leader this team is missing.   

Turn the page.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 02, 2010, 12:31:39 PM

There are so many different styles of leadership.   You do not have to be a bulldog or a bad **CENSORED** to be a leader.   

True but like I said the Bucs got enough "lead by example quiet types"   We haven't had that bulldog since Sapp left.   It's about time to have that guy on our team again. 

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 02, 2010, 12:56:19 PM

I think the "seeds" for leadership have already been planted; they just need to grow.  Freeman will absolutely be the unquestioned leader of not only the offense, but the entire team.  McCoy will be the unquestioned leader of the defense, whether this year of the next.  I also think Price has leadership qualities and will display them at some point.  I think most people are looking at the "now".  Right now we don't have any clear leaders on defense, give it a year or 2 and I think we will be brimming with leadership.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 02, 2010, 01:08:35 PM

I see a lot of potential leaders on defense.

Freeman, Faine and maybe our new WR's are the only potential leaders on offense.

These are the leaders I can see on Defense:
McCoy
Price
Lewis
Talib
Jackson
Watson
Hayes

They all have potential to be leaders in their defensive rooms, and on defense overall.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 02, 2010, 01:55:01 PM

I personally don't want to put the "leader" tag on any of them.  I'd rather them emerge. Emerge in that they will practice tirelessly at their craft, perform on the field, and present themselves in public as a representative of the team and a new welcomed member of the community...

That person doesn't have to be a 1st round draft pick, a QB, or an old guy...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Island Buc

Rookie
#38 : May 02, 2010, 02:10:43 PM

Chev   Right on----well put.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 02, 2010, 02:18:39 PM

Thanks, but I'm a little put off by the way they've framed and treated Ruud.  You can't tell a guy I want you to be a leader if that not what he is. You know?  Then hold him accountable to a standard that doesn't suit him as a person or a player.  I don't know, but that just didn't sit well with me whether you like Ruud's play or not. He shouldn't have been handed that mantle without them knowing he was capable of handling it...

I don't think they studied it, asked questions, or talked about it.  They just slapped it on him and that to me wasn't fair...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 02, 2010, 02:21:48 PM

That will take years. The fan patience is already wearing thin. And Raheem doesn't likely have years left to start winning.

Are you the spokesman for "the fans"?

Some of us were aware of what this rebuild would entail. Some, me, knew that as a franchise, we'd take a step back before going forward. I'd be willing to bet that the Glazers are more satisfied with this current group than they have been over the past 5-6 yrs.

I KNOW I am.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

#41 : May 02, 2010, 02:23:34 PM

Some of us were aware of what this rebuild would entail. Some, me, knew that as a franchise, we'd take a step back before going forward. I'd be willing to bet that the Glazers are more satisfied with this current group than they have been over the past 5-6 yrs.

I KNOW I am.

This.

I have not been this psyched about our teams future ...   ever.

Island Buc

Rookie
#42 : May 02, 2010, 02:23:50 PM

Chev   If the intense desire to win and become a better player is manifesting-----leadership will naturally spill
 Â          over if and when it is needed.  More important to inspire by your play than by your words.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 02, 2010, 02:28:50 PM

Chev   If the intense desire to win and become a better player is manifesting-----leadership will naturally spill
           over if and when it is needed.  More important to inspire by your play than by your words.

I think there is a place for a vocal leader and leaders by example.  Some guys don't do well out front speaking to the crowd.  Some guys are. It's as simple as that.  It would seem like Ruud is not the vocal type.  But I've heard on more than one occaision that they wanted him to be so.  You can't fit the square peg in the round hole...

Hate

Hall of Famer
#44 : May 02, 2010, 02:31:46 PM

I think there is a place for a vocal leader and leaders by example. Some guys don't do well out front speaking to the crowd. Some guys are. It's as simple as that. It would seem like Ruud is not the vocal type. But I've heard on more than one occaision that they wanted him to be so. You can't fit the square peg in the round hole...

precisely why I think he's a great Robin, but a poor Batman!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem: Leaders will have to emerge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools