Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN WATCHING ROOKIE MINI-CAMP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 03, 2010, 01:47:57 AM

As much as I admire Freeman for putting in the hours in the office, I would still prefer Tebow.   

and thats why you have no credibility on anything.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 03, 2010, 01:54:59 AM

I truly believe you could field a team of all stars and Raheem couldn't coach them to any better than a 8-8 record.    Kudos to Freeman for being a professional.   It should help his development for the future.  

As much as I admire Freeman for putting in the hours in the office, I would still prefer Tebow.    

At the end of the day it's the athletes job to throw the ball, catch the ball, tackle, and block.

I know people will disagree with me and many would have valid points of course, but people like you give way too much blame and/or credit to the coaches.

If he had a team of all stars he would go to the playoffs. If I had a team of all stars I would take them to the playoffs. If probably 80% of the posters on this board had a team of all stars they would take that team to the playoffs. Thats what I truly believe.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 03, 2010, 02:21:20 AM

The best coaches make a lot of money for a reason.   Because they cause their team to win games.   Sure, you need players.   But a piss poor coach doesn't win much in the NFL.   And Heemy is as piss poor as they come.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 03, 2010, 04:13:20 AM

Rah's playcalls need to improve badly. And he needs to be consistant in what he wants to do. Establish an identity.

I do think he knows talent when he sees it, and has a knack on the defensive side of the ball. I won't go as far to say he "develops" talent until I see it though. An he seems to have the love of the players. Other than that, I really can't see anything else positive. It's his bad playcalls and poor preparation that worry me the most. Maybe after a full season doing actual offensive work, and no OC/DC duck-duck-goose he can do better? Sure as hell hope so, for his sake and ours.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 03, 2010, 09:38:11 AM

The best coaches make a lot of money for a reason.   Because they cause their team to win games.   Sure, you need players.   But a piss poor coach doesn't win much in the NFL.   And Heemy is as piss poor as they come.
Rah's playcalls need to improve badly. And he needs to be consistant in what he wants to do. Establish an identity.

I do think he knows talent when he sees it, and has a knack on the defensive side of the ball. I won't go as far to say he "develops" talent until I see it though. An he seems to have the love of the players. Other than that, I really can't see anything else positive. It's his bad playcalls and poor preparation that worry me the most. Maybe after a full season doing actual offensive work, and no OC/DC duck-duck-goose he can do better? Sure as hell hope so, for his sake and ours.

Why does every thread on this board have to turn into a Raheem Morris thread!
Stay on topic!

The guy is getting on the job training, I think we all get that. He isnt the expert Gruden was in terms of experience. He is as green as they come. Deal with it. At least he has no baggage and has shown improvement over the course of the season/off-season

Now, back to Freeman.
I hope Freeman spends as much time with these guys after practice as he has with Clayton and Stovall in the offseason. They need to run as many routes as they can before the season starts. Timing routes will be important, they have to know where Freeman is putting the ball.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 03, 2010, 03:46:38 PM

Is that a rhetorical question? Because if it's not my answer is C) Java

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 03, 2010, 04:50:30 PM

I am loving the direction this team is headed!!
I have a feeling of enthusiasm and excitement Jon Gruden took away from me. This team finally looks like it has a future.
more like Dom looking like a better GM than Allen.  But it's way too early to be calling his draft picks successful.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 03, 2010, 05:50:56 PM

The best coaches make a lot of money for a reason. Because they cause their team to win games. Sure, you need players. But a piss poor coach doesn't win much in the NFL. And Heemy is as piss poor as they come.

Stay on topic!

The guy is getting on the job training, I think we all get that. He isnt the expert Gruden was in terms of experience. He is as green as they come. Deal with it. At least he has no baggage and has shown improvement over the course of the season/off-season

Now, back to Freeman.
I hope Freeman spends as much time with these guys after practice as he has with Clayton and Stovall in the offseason. They need to run as many routes as they can before the season starts. Timing routes will be important, they have to know where Freeman is putting the ball.

I was just saying that Freeman probably won't succeed if Rah doesn't get his head on straight. In case you haven't figured it out, their future is intangled.

Everyone here that reads my posts know that I think Freeman is going to turn out to be a good QB (after I admittedly bashed him), and Rah is going to be a dud for a few years (still standing by that). An unless I missed something, most QB's can thank an HC for wherever they are right now. Talking about Rah and Freeman is never "off-topic" seeing how Raheem drafted him. No matter what Freeman does, it all goes back to Rah. If Rah doesn't know what to do, neither will Freeman.

Now back to you... :D

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN WATCHING ROOKIE MINI-CAMP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools