Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preston Parker « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bash

Practice Squad

: May 06, 2010, 01:35:02 AM

With our current receiving group, he could make the roster. I kind of envision him playing a similar role as Sammy, but not as good. Best bet for Mr. Parker is going to be the practice squad.
If I had to bet, I'd bet this. If he makes the 53-man roster, great.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 04, 2010, 12:02:32 PM

I've seen comparisons to Percy Harvin and I've seen whole threads with absolutely no mention of his name. He has signed a contract with the team so they are considering him as competition for somebody's job. Character concerns have obviously eliminated him already in the minds of many on these boards. Is there anyone here who believes he has any chance at all to make the final roster? I don't consider the PS as an option since it was reported that Houston and a few other teams tried to sign him. He chose to sign with the Bucs knowing Benn and Williams were drafted already. He's either very confident or not very intelligent. Opinions?

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 04, 2010, 12:27:38 PM

I don't know if Da'Quan Bowers would be able to chase down Percy Harvin in the open field like what happened at the 3:20 mark.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#3 : May 04, 2010, 12:39:02 PM

I'd take him over Clayton.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 04, 2010, 12:42:46 PM

Camp fodder

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : May 04, 2010, 01:12:42 PM

Solid but nothing spectacular.  He is worth bringing in and I hope he flashes but I would be interested to see what role he could play and who's roster spot he could take

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 04, 2010, 01:50:12 PM

he produced at Florida State before bad judgment got him booted from the team...bottom line is he produced...

If one is willing to overlook another's transgressions i.e. Mike Williams, why not give Preston Parker a clean slate and a legit shot to make the final roster

You must be accountable for your actions!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 04, 2010, 02:19:17 PM

Here's a recent update on him regarding how he's turning his life around; sounds very encouraging. If he keeps this up, I'd say he's got a real shot to make the roster. Skills-wise, the guy can do it all; run, PASS, catch, and is a return man on ST.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Combine-Snapshot-Preston-Parker/0eb64d92-94c6-46fb-9d31-2e705f43d4d5

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 04, 2010, 02:47:56 PM

With our current receiving group, he could make the roster. I kind of envision him playing a similar role as Sammy, but not as good. Best bet for Mr. Parker is going to be the practice squad.

SecureBuc

Second String

#9 : May 04, 2010, 02:49:44 PM

a VERY good chance of making the practice squad

Parker is very physical for a his size and quick

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 04, 2010, 03:30:09 PM

Wasn't he the guy that was found asleep at the wheel in a McDonalds drive thru with weed and guns in his car?

Pass.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#11 : May 04, 2010, 04:43:21 PM

He is going to make the team.   Easily......

Losing is not a option

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 04, 2010, 04:45:29 PM

He is going to make the team.   Easily......

3 rookie WR's and a 2nd year guy would be scary, especially when they all have serious issues.  but at least they all have potential

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Larry Brackins

Starter
#13 : May 04, 2010, 06:28:33 PM

If the Bucs had a veteran WR core, I would like his chanced to make the team. But do you really think they're gonna carry three rookies and a 2nd year guy? I don't know.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 04, 2010, 06:32:11 PM

If the Bucs had a veteran WR core, I would like his chanced to make the team. But do you really think they're gonna carry three rookies and a 2nd year guy? I don't know.

Why the hell not? Its not like we have such great veteran presence. Mark Bradley? Reggie Brown? Clayton? Stovall?

Come on dude for real. Ill take ballers who can produce in the long run over veteran turd presence that adds nothing to our team but a few catches.

You are rebuilding you dont let guys with potential slip away.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Preston Parker « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools