Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Random Kareem Huggins Post « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#15 : May 05, 2010, 07:45:29 PM

I think Huggins could be a nice surprise in camp this year. I have high hopes for him, it isn't like he is behind a great RB stable. Like I have said time and time again, I see a lot of Willie Parker in this kid and I hope he can bring it this year.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 05, 2010, 07:48:42 PM

Holy pewp, hes a fast son of a momo.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 05, 2010, 08:06:15 PM

His coach at Hofstra said he is with out a doubt the hardest working kid he has ever coached. He said is 10 yard drills, Huggins would keep running the entire length of the field everytime. In a typical practise he would run over 1200 yards.

Good work ethic, one fumble in his entire college career, 4.28 forty, and built like a little cannonball. This is why I have been excited about this kid for over a year now. I sure hope he gets a shot this year. I'd rather see him get a chance than Ward anyday.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 05, 2010, 09:37:00 PM

Can somebody here who believes that Huggins can run a 4.28 40 explain to me why he went undrafted, please?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 05, 2010, 09:47:10 PM

Can somebody here who believes that Huggins can run a 4.28 40 explain to me why he went undrafted, please?
Exactly.  Chris JOhnson came from a small school, and legit ran a sub 4.3, and was drafted round 2.  And now, he is one of the best RBs in the NFL, because of that pure speed. 

Speed of that proportions gets you recognized VERY VERY quickly, and makes you a legit candidate for the NFL draft, early round, IMO...

Huggins ran a school timed 4.28.  I have never placed much on Pro Day 40's, I think they are always player friendly times, accounts...

But I am not dumping on HUggins either.  I think he may be a legit RB for the team.  He didn't fare too poorly, and I think he will need to have a great camp to unseat one of the bodies.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 05, 2010, 09:48:19 PM

Exactly.  Chris JOhnson came from a small school, and legit ran a sub 4.3, and was drafted round 2.  And now, he is one of the best RBs in the NFL, because of that pure speed. 

Speed of that proportions gets you recognized VERY VERY quickly, and makes you a legit candidate for the NFL draft, early round, IMO...

Huggins ran a school timed 4.28.  I have never placed much on Pro Day 40's, I think they are always player friendly times, accounts...

But I am not dumping on HUggins either.  I think he may be a legit RB for the team.  He didn't fare too poorly, and I think he will need to have a great camp to unseat one of the bodies.

Not that it hurts your case, but Chris Johnson was a 1st-rounder.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 05, 2010, 09:48:55 PM

Exactly. Chris JOhnson came from a small school, and legit ran a sub 4.3, and was drafted round 2. And now, he is one of the best RBs in the NFL, because of that pure speed.

Huggins ran a school timed 4.28. I have never placed much on Pro Day 40's, I think they are always player friendly times, accounts...

But I am not dumping on HUggins either. I think he may be a legit RB for the team. He didn't fare too poorly, and I think he will need to have a great camp to unseat one of the bodies.

Not that it hurts your case, but Chris Johnson was a 1st-rounder.
I apologize, it was late first...I forgot.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 05, 2010, 09:52:15 PM

Same reason Marques Colsten went in the 7th round.

Same reason Wayne Chrebet went undrafted.

He went to Hofstra.

For the record I don't think he runs a 4.28 anymore. He was 185lbs in college, he is now 200lbs. I think he is still very fast and by far the fastest RB on our roster. Maybe the strongest as well.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 05, 2010, 09:52:16 PM

ECU and hofstra are worlds apart.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 05, 2010, 09:55:41 PM

Same reason Marques Colsten went in the 7th round.

Same reason Wayne Chrebet went undrafted.

He went to Hofstra.

For the record I don't think he runs a 4.28 anymore. He was 185lbs in college, he is now 200lbs. I think he is still very fast and by far the fastest RB on our roster. Maybe the strongest as well.
I think Earnest Graham, or even Carnell Williams might be stronger than Huggins.

Graham has a whip for a stiff arm.  He just cois that thing and BLAMMO, dude is on the ground.  Plus he doubles as a fullback.  Can't be weak playing that position.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 05, 2010, 09:56:06 PM

Same reason Marques Colsten went in the 7th round. He went to Hofstra.

Colston ran a 4.52, not a 4.2.

24 teams visited Colston at Hofstra, he wasn't an unknown and neither was Huggins - especially if he actually ran a 4.28.  That kind of time gets you noticed.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 05, 2010, 10:00:56 PM

4.52 is still a very good time for a 6-4 225lb WR, right?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 05, 2010, 10:02:10 PM

Â    Huggins is way faster than Peanut. Peanut has some of the shiftiest moves I've seen since Barry Sanders, but isn't near as fast as Sanders or Huggins, and there's also that fumble thing... ::) Huggins also has ST experience.
 If Rendrick Taylor is the real deal as a FB, I'd see Earnest Graham going back to RB and compete with Derrick Ward in TC as the alternate to Caddy, with Huggins or Peanut as the 3rd down back ala Sproles. It's gonna be competitive in TC this year...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 05, 2010, 10:04:19 PM

Peanut will never be part of the RB rotation. He's ran the ball like 5 times and fumbled twice.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 05, 2010, 10:09:21 PM

4.52 is still a very good time for a 6-4 225lb WR, right?

Yeah, very good.  That's why he had 24 teams at his Pro Day.  Why he lasted until the 7th round is a question those other 23 teams are probably still asking.

Colston wasn't some player only the Saints knew about.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Random Kareem Huggins Post « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools