Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Random Kareem Huggins Post « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#180 : May 24, 2010, 11:22:06 PM

I like Huggins, but you are seriously overrating him at this point in time.

No I'm not Biggs. I've said repeatedly that I have no idea if he will be good or not. I've said repeatedly that we have 3 clones in Caddie/Graham/Ward and I just want a new exciting young guy in the backfield to be excited about. We didn't draft any RBs, so Huggins is that guy. I'm not claiming he is great or will be great....I just want him to be. At the very least I want to see him get a chance to be.

Even if Huggins ends up not being good, I'd rather see him get some carries and fail than watch Caddie and Ward's slow butt all year. When we run the ball, everyone knows there isn't even the slightest chance of it going for a 50+ yard gain. The entire defense would have to fall down at the same time....twice, for us to get a 50+ yard run. That sucks and is not exciting at all.

Huggins is my only chance of excitment in the backfield and I'm hanging on to it. Atleast untill we draft Demarco Murray next year!  ;D

Good point. Huggins is hope for a better future. This situation is a prime example of why I hate bringing in free agents while you are building. Huggins won't even get a fair chance to make the team unless there is an injury, because Ward and his $5 million salary will NEED to produce this year.

I'd rather have Huggins and an UDFA fight it out in a REAL competition than have Ward just handed a roster spot, which is what I believe will happen.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#181 : May 25, 2010, 12:32:23 AM

Huggins legend > Brackins legend.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#182 : May 25, 2010, 01:15:13 AM

Not quite yet but it's getting there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#183 : May 25, 2010, 02:17:43 AM

No, it is there already.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#184 : May 25, 2010, 08:39:22 AM

Some of you have real issues. You can't seperate excitement and hope for an unknown underdog, from claims of greatness and legendary skills. Nobody is claiming this guys is the next Walter Payton. There are just alot folks that would like to see him get a chance and hope that he could be exciting to watch. It's amazing how showing any amount of optimism for your team is considered niave or even stupid on these forums. God forbid someone should have a little hope.

So what if people were excited about LArry Brackins? Are they stupid now? It's fun to get excited about guys like Brackins, Paris Warren, Ken Darby, or Kareem Huggins. Most the time you will be disappointed, but eventually one of these guys will end up being a real steal and make a huge difference to our team. Some would say Peanut already has.

I just can't understand why some folks on this site, and other sites, seem to only post in order to squash other people's hope and bash them for enjoying thier team and being supportive. We are excited about a practice squad running back that odds say will never amount to anything. You don't have to be excited too, but you also don't have to spend your days telling people how wrong they are for being a little excited nad having some hope.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#185 : May 25, 2010, 09:11:53 AM

I want Huggins to pan out, so the Bucs don't have to burn a 2nd round pick on a change of pace back like the Chiefs did with McCluster.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#186 : May 25, 2010, 09:37:42 AM

Nobody is claiming this guys is the next Walter Payton.

No, just better than the Pro Bowl returner we currently have.

Optimism is great.  Thinking back-up players are better than the starters who have gone to the Pro Bowl is a bit much.

So what if people were excited about LArry Brackins? Are they stupid now?

Excited is one thing, making grandiose claims about his play before even stepping on an NFL field is another.  One is excitement, the other is stupidity.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#187 : May 25, 2010, 09:54:05 AM

No, it is there already.

I think if you peruse the forum archives, you will find a few hundred more Brackins posts than Huggins. Give it another preseason.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#188 : May 25, 2010, 11:07:12 AM

Nobody is claiming this guys is the next Walter Payton.

No, just better than the Pro Bowl returner we currently have.

Optimism is great. Thinking back-up players are better than the starters who have gone to the Pro Bowl is a bit much.

So what if people were excited about LArry Brackins? Are they stupid now?

Excited is one thing, making grandiose claims about his play before even stepping on an NFL field is another. One is excitement, the other is stupidity.
I agree with Biggs.

I can get caught up in excitement...but sometimes, you are wishing on a star man...

nybucsfan

Rookie

#189 : May 25, 2010, 11:36:51 AM

Is this guy shifty though? that counts the most and as opposed to 40 speed, 10 speed. How quick can you get up to full speed. Percy Harvin for example, can get up to full speed in 4 steps or something and can change direction to get guys to miss. If you just have speed, other guys will catch you.

I liked him in preseason and i'd like to see him get some play time during the regular season to see what he's got. He has had a year in the offense and should know all the plays very well. We need a home run hitter lets make sure that he isn't the guy before we go and take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round next year.

Hard to say for sure from the video, since his competition is crap...but he seems to move just as fast laterarly without hesitation. He's got some moves, but he is actually a pretty physical runner. From what I saw in preseason last year he is more like Maurice Jones-Drew than Warrick Dunn....just faster. He has a 42" vertical jump as well, which usually equals explosive acceleration.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#190 : May 25, 2010, 12:35:17 PM

Demarco Murray???  Seriously you want to rest your hopes on a small guy that is injury prone in college???  Let me give you this tidbit Cadillac Williams was a better RB in college than Murray dreams of being so if you dislike Cadillac so much why the hell would you waste a pick on Murray??

Dude your infatuation with speed alone is nauseating as last time I checked Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders were not the fastes guys in the NFL yet they were some of the bet.  Reggie Bush is a fast dude but he sucks as a RB!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#191 : May 25, 2010, 02:18:40 PM

Demarco Murray???  Seriously you want to rest your hopes on a small guy that is injury prone in college???  Let me give you this tidbit Cadillac Williams was a better RB in college than Murray dreams of being so if you dislike Cadillac so much why the hell would you waste a pick on Murray??

Dude your infatuation with speed alone is nauseating as last time I checked Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders were not the fastes guys in the NFL yet they were some of the bet.  Reggie Bush is a fast dude but he sucks as a RB!!

Samari28, as usual your entire post was a baseless attack on me with no facts or point. Everything you just said was 100% bullcrap. If your going to follow every post I make with something negative, atleast have some substance.

Last time I checked Demarco Murray was listed as 6'1" 214 lbs. How is that small?

My infatuation with speed? He is suppose to run a 4.4 to 4.5 That isn't considered a burner by any means. Personally I think his game speed is very fast, but reports say he runs a 4.45

Injury prone? He had a hamstring tear and missed a bowl game, but that is his only major injury I know of. It certainly didn't appear to affect him this year.

The dude moves like one of the greats. He is big and strong enough to run through would be tacklers, he actually appears to move faster as he changes direction which is rare. In his three years in college he has 35 rushing TDs, 8 recieving TDs, and 2 returns for TDs. That is pretty impressive in the Big 12 to me.

My dislike for Caddie? I love Caddie. I think Caddie is an amazing person and I've never said anything bad about him. I just realize that at 28 and two rebuilt knees, he is likely on his way out of football.

I don't know why you decided to start stalking my every post and countering it with negative garbage, but get a life dude.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#192 : May 25, 2010, 11:51:08 PM

^^^That was a pretty sick video. Dude explodes through the hole, squares his shoulders, and gets North & South in a HURRY!

Wasn't he the one that was injured in the BCS Title game against Florida a couple years ago tho? Or was that their TE?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#193 : May 25, 2010, 11:56:16 PM

DeMarco Murray huh?

Man...kid is fast as hell!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#194 : May 26, 2010, 01:02:46 AM

docbravo,

yeah Murray tore his hamstring and missed the bowl game in 2008. They thought he just pulled it, but it ended up being a tear and he had to have surgery. It didn't seem to affect him too much though this year. He only had rushing 8 TDs in 2009 (13 in 2007 and 14 in 2008) and a little over 700 yards rushing, but he also had over 500 yards recieving and 4 TD catches, so he still had a very good year. I don't think he was as explosive this year as he was in 2007 and 2008 though.

He also missed the bowl game in 2007 cause he dislocated his kneecap trying to recover an onsides kick.

Both unfortunate injuries and horrible timing to miss two bowl games after being a huge reason your team is even there, but atleast niether injury was an ACL or MCL. Niether should have permant effects.

He'll have to stay healthy all year this year and have another great season to be considered a top 3 RB...but I wouldn't mind seeing him slip. He's going to have to show this year that he is fully recovered and can be as explosive as he was in 2007 and 2008. I figure our chances of getting him would be much better if he ends up being a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. The injuries could make that happen. With his style of running though, I would expect him to have a shorter career. We'll see.....I'll be watching every Sooner game this year just to see how he looks.

Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Random Kareem Huggins Post « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools