Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's secret plan! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 20, 2006, 09:22:28 PM

LMAO!!!!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 20, 2006, 10:19:16 PM

Gruden has a secret plan.  Don't tell anybody..... HE WANTS TO WIN GAMES!  I know thats hard to believe with the way people talk around here on this board. 

I am so tired of these posts where people are trying to figure out Gruden's secret motivation. He wants to prove that he's an offensive genius. He has it in for this player or this player is his guy.   Gruden wants to dismantle the defense!  Look what he's doing to the defense just so his offense can get all the attention!  The latest rumor is that Mahan is being put in reportedly because Buenning winked at Gruden's wife.....

Wait just a minute, my phone is ringing. Its my deep throat connection deep inside the Palace.  He says Jon Gruden is making all these moves to win games!  Huh?  Are you sure?   Yes he says that all this stuff Gruden is doing is to try to make the team better so that we can get back to the Superbowl.

Lets be clear that I am not against questioning the logic, strategy, success or lack of success that Gruden and Allen have in achieving their goals.  At 1-4 they deserve to be questioned.  But for Crise  please stop with the secret motivations of Gruden. He has one motivation.

And I will personally take to task anybody who starts that crap up.

Nice post Itchalot ... I agree with most of it

BucHarbour

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 20, 2006, 11:28:22 PM

Yeah, the whole Big Dog conspiracy of tearing down the defense to improve the offense was ridiculous. They have the receivers, backs, and tight ends. They may have the QB. And the offensive line is actually starting to look like the real deal (only 9 sacks allowed so far).  Where's he going to spend 27 million and 3 first day draft picks? It will be the defense...mark my words. He knows a balanced team gives him the best opportunity.

Of course, I think this theory, as espoused by the little woofer, was because he was friends with McNoproduction. Sending him off to Indy for a number 2 is not "tearing the defense apart." It's improving the defense, and setting us up to get more great young players to keep the defense going for many more years.

>>Ugh.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 21, 2006, 09:21:33 AM

Listen, the best way to deal with ridiculous claims is not even to acknowledge them at all.

On another note, Gruden does make some very questionable gametime decisions.

It is all very subjective, however criticism is god for thought, and rarely does any harm.

GO BUCS!!!

Certainly you can question and criticize decisions that Gruden as well as Allen or Kiffin make.   We didn't get to 1-4 without some help from the braintrust.  My point is that there is only one motivation. Thats winning.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 21, 2006, 01:08:21 PM

Completely agree Itch.  Having said that there have been more strange decisions this year than you can shake a stick at.  (loving the old adages) 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's secret plan! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools