Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: October 22, 2007, 09:47:24 AM

Hmm another injury there's a shocker. By the way what Trueblood did and Cheap shot Joseph did were both dirty plays and luckily for Trueblood the Lions guy was an idiot 1st. Seems like both of these guys need to get their emotions in check.

Clueless.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#1 : October 22, 2007, 09:49:24 AM

Well, time for stovall to step up big time. He was the number two guy at one point.

thanson

Starter

#2 : October 22, 2007, 08:57:49 AM

Trueblood was doing what he was taught. Every o-linman knows this. Besides there specific positon, they are taught to protect the QB & RB. And if there is a pile, to pull people off the pile if need be to do their duty. Some may think it is dirty, that that is what every 0-lineman is taught.  Good Job for sticking up Tureblood.

BUCky Badger

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 22, 2007, 01:48:06 AM

Hmm another injury there's a shocker. By the way what Trueblood did and Cheap shot Joseph did were both dirty plays and luckily for Trueblood the Lions guy was an idiot 1st. Seems like both of these guys need to get their emotions in check.

Ok now you are just being silly. Trueblood, because he was sticking up for his teammate was doing the right thing. The OL protects the rest of the guys on the field and they are supposed to be particularly nasty. You do what you've got to do out there.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : October 22, 2007, 01:44:33 AM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 22, 2007, 12:54:59 AM

Clayton gone for several weeks. We'll miss his blocking.

It never ends.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : October 22, 2007, 12:56:12 AM

And his abilities, Joe. I was really starting to get impressed with the way he was catching the ball these last two games. It looked like he was breaking out and his lightbulb coming on again. Go figure, though.

I noticed that we are losing a lot of guys in away games. I wonder what that means about the state of the stadiums in the NFL. They should evaluate that instead of making some stupid rule addition at the owner's meeting.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 22, 2007, 12:51:02 AM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1930

Michael Clayton-WR- Buccaneers Oct. 21 - 10:22 pm et

Bucs third WR Michael Clayton (ankle) expects to miss several weeks.
It sounds like he may have suffered a high ankle sprain in Sunday's loss to Detroit. Maurice Stovall will step into the third receiver spot for Tampa.Source: Tampa Tribune   

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : October 22, 2007, 12:53:55 AM

Trueblood is a competitor.

You usually dont see that kind of fire on the offensive line.

Offensive linemen are usually the nastiest of the nasty.

I disagree

That's cool. It's a generally accepted fact that OL are the nastiest but hey - think what you want.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 22, 2007, 08:53:43 AM

Now this may sound off the wall, but clown school really teaches people how to fall.  Almost every comedian and action hero goes to clown school to protect themselves from unnecessary injuries.  We have a clown school one town south of us...Sarasota where Ringling winters...I don't know of another team that loses a player or two a week.  that's 16 to 32 players for the season.  Hell, we need more that 4 players for EACH position not to mention QBs.  Gruden and Allen look like genuises having three.  I'll bet Atlanta, Cardinals and some other teams wish they had 3 who knew their system and could make a touchdown or two  and an interception or three.  LOL.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 21, 2007, 09:32:12 PM

Trueblood is a competitor.

You usually dont see that kind of fire on the offensive line.

Offensive linemen are usually the nastiest of the nasty.

I disagree

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 21, 2007, 09:11:48 PM

I wish we had some of True's nastiness on the D-line. 
I thought that was the only good play Trueblood made all day trying to stick up for Clayton and going after that LB who cheap shoted Clayton!  I believe it was a cheap shot as Clayton was bent over backwards obviously hurt when the LB, No. 50 took advantage and hit him again hard.  Trueblood immediately went after him when Shaun Rodgers stepped in and then Rodgers and Trueblood got into it.  I respected Trueblood for sticking up for a teammate!

I wish we had some of True's nastiness on the D-line.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 21, 2007, 09:04:44 PM

While Ernie Sims was on the ground, Trueblood grabbed his shoulder pads and literally threw him 4 yards, it was quite sign of arm strength.

Yes, that was after Sims put the cheap shot on Clayton!  I am all for physical football and hard hitting, but when a plyer is down and bent over backwards in a vulnerabel position as Clayton was you do not take a shot!  BTW, I would say the very same thing if it had been a Buc's player taking a shot at a Lions player.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#13 : October 21, 2007, 09:04:24 PM

Seemed like a lot of players on both sides were having footing issues. Seemed like a lot of feet getting stuck in the turf, even people running out of their shoes. That turf didn't look like all of the other new field turf fields to me. It looked more rug-like to me, with less of that dark filler coming up like you see on many of those type of fields.  

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 21, 2007, 08:59:30 PM

While Ernie Sims was on the ground, Trueblood grabbed his shoulder pads and literally threw him 4 yards, it was quite sign of arm strength.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools