Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bilderberg manipulated stock market crash? « previous next »
Page: 1

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

: May 09, 2010, 01:52:52 PM

http://www.infowars.com/bilderberg-manipulated-stock-market-crash/

Many theories have sprung up in regards to what exactly happened on Thursday that would cause a 1,000 point drop in the DOW. Some say that it was a computer or human error that caused the trillion-dollar collapse, but few have theorized the possibility of an engineered collapse that would purposefully create more instability in the United States.

Here’s CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo calling the crash in the DOW a manipulated event.
“That is ridiculous”, Bartiromo replied. “I mean this really sounds like market manipulation to me. This is outrageous.”

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 09, 2010, 02:54:55 PM

First off, the DOW is not the market. It is only 30 stocks out of 2773 NYSE and 3843 NASDAQ listed stocks.

Second, it wasn't a crash. To be a crash it would have had to of stayed crashed for more than 15 minutes.

Third, that vast majority of money in the market is in Mutual Funds and this "glitch" in no way affected MFs because their NAV's are calculated based on closing prices, not interday fluctuations.

Forth, it is really really difficult to manipulate any particular stock price let alone entire markets. There are just too many people involved.

Fifth, any talk of strange futures trades is irrelevant. Stock prices affect future prices but there is no possible mechanism for it to work the other way around.

Sixth, while I used to think Maria Bartiromo was a cutie, I have never thought she had more financial knowledge than the crud under my pinky fingernail.

7th, Bilderberg? LMAO why not blame Big Foot or the Loch Ness monster? The article references a FICTION book as a source. Why not blame the event on a Demon Possessed car or a pig-blood soaked Prom Queen? At least those books were better written and more widely read.

The fact that the market moved only 1.5% the day after this anomaly speaks louder than the anomaly itself.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 09, 2010, 03:30:26 PM

Here’s CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo calling the crash in the DOW a manipulated event.
“That is ridiculous”, Bartiromo replied. “I mean this really sounds like market manipulation to me. This is outrageous.”

Since when does anybody care what Maria B. has to say?

Market manipulation? Maybe. But she shouldn't be used as evidence of anything.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 09, 2010, 03:34:44 PM

7th, Bilderberg? LMAO why not blame Big Foot or the Loch Ness monster? The article references a FICTION book as a source. Why not blame the event on a Demon Possessed car or a pig-blood soaked Prom Queen? At least those books were better written and more widely read.

What fiction book was referenced a source? I can't find that.

Maybe Bilderberg had nothing to do with this. But a group of high level leaders and heads of the biggest corps. meeting secretly year after year to discuss world policy is not something that should be happening.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#4 : May 09, 2010, 03:58:56 PM

O.K., I've been drinking heavily for about 2hrs............My courage is up......I guess I'll take a look at my 401k......

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 09, 2010, 04:35:29 PM

But a group of high level leaders and heads of the biggest corps. meeting secretly year after year to discuss world policy is not something that should be happening.

1. Why not? Would it be better if no one met and all the high level leaders and corp heads just took wild guesses and flew by the seat of their pants?

2. If the meeting is secret, how do you know they are discussing "world policy"? For all we know they might be discussing old episodes of "Rocky and Bullwinkle".

3. If Bilderberg is some sinister organization bent on World Domination, how come the attendees change so much from year to year? Hardly any of the attendees has attended two or more events in a row. How are they running the world when they keep skipping the meetings? a super-secret shadow government where 90% of the members turnover every year? Doesn't sound like a very efficient Super-Secret-Shadow-Govt. to me. You'd think at least a couple of the same people would attend from one year to the next so they could have Super-Secret-Cohesion of some sorts.

The conspiracy theories surrounding Bilderberg are like so many other conspiracy theories, long on absurd unrelated details made to look related with wild and vague specualtions, but short on common sense.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 09, 2010, 05:13:35 PM

But a group of high level leaders and heads of the biggest corps. meeting secretly year after year to discuss world policy is not something that should be happening.

1. Why not? Would it be better if no one met and all the high level leaders and corp heads just took wild guesses and flew by the seat of their pants?

Why should they not meet in secret? Do I really have to answer that? Seems like you trust these guys to plan things and set policies that are in the best interest of the common person. I don't. And I don't think most people in the world do, either. Like Obama promised, and 90% of the time, failed to deliver: Transparency. Should we really be kept in the dark if (and I realize that is a big if) Bilderberg is really influencing world policy? I don't think so. And even if they're not setting policy, I don't think it's a good idea for our elected leaders to be in these secret meetings. Doesn't fit with what we preach about democracy.

2. If the meeting is secret, how do you know they are discussing "world policy"? For all we know they might be discussing old episodes of "Rocky and Bullwinkle".

How much have you read about this subject? The only reason we knew about all of these previous meetings and some of what they discussed are because of people on the inside who felt that outsiders needed to know what was going on. Whistleblowers and malcontents on the inside have (supposedly) been leaking stuff for years. End the secrecy and most of the conspiracy theories dissipate.

3. If Bilderberg is some sinister organization bent on World Domination, how come the attendees change so much from year to year? Hardly any of the attendees has attended two or more events in a row. How are they running the world when they keep skipping the meetings? a super-secret shadow government where 90% of the members turnover every year? Doesn't sound like a very efficient Super-Secret-Shadow-Govt. to me. You'd think at least a couple of the same people would attend from one year to the next so they could have Super-Secret-Cohesion of some sorts.

Running the world? World domination? Your words, not mine. And just because somebody isn't in attendance doesn't mean they can't be on teleconference or be briefed afterward. Is Bilderberg a nefarious group? I have no idea. Why? Because they meet in secret! Government in the sunshine.

The conspiracy theories surrounding Bilderberg are like so many other conspiracy theories, long on absurd unrelated details made to look related with wild and vague specualtions, but short on common sense.

Maybe. List some other conspiracy theories that fall into that category. Similar to the conspiracy theory that the Gulf of Tonkin incident didn't happen? Or that the Lusitania WAS filled with munitions?

Yeah, common sense.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#7 : May 09, 2010, 05:44:48 PM

J.G. is the supreme mainstream media apologist.......He could and would not possibly open his head for a different view........

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 09, 2010, 06:22:05 PM

Why should they not meet in secret? Do I really have to answer that? Seems like you trust these guys to plan things and set policies that are in the best interest of the common person. I don't. And I don't think most people in the world do, either. Like Obama promised, and 90% of the time, failed to deliver: Transparency. Should we really be kept in the dark if (and I realize that is a big if) Bilderberg is really influencing world policy? I don't think so. And even if they're not setting policy, I don't think it's a good idea for our elected leaders to be in these secret meetings. Doesn't fit with what we preach about democracy.

Maybe they're secret because they charge an attendance fee and they don't want people downloading the stuff off the internet for free.

As far as our elected officials being in secret meetings, they do it all the time. National Security briefings, Joint Chiefs meetings, intelligence meetings, etc. Do you really think every troop movement and intelligence operation should be "in the sunshine"?

How much have you read about this subject? The only reason we knew about all of these previous meetings and some of what they discussed are because of people on the inside who felt that outsiders needed to know what was going on. Whistleblowers and malcontents on the inside have (supposedly) been leaking stuff for years. End the secrecy and most of the conspiracy theories dissipate.

It is a private gathering of individuals. Just because some of them hold positions of power, does that mean they have no right to privacy?

and it isn't all that secret. Hell, there is a wiki page listing all the attendees.

Running the world? World domination? Your words, not mine.

Actually the words of the article in the OP

And just because somebody isn't in attendance doesn't mean they can't be on teleconference or be briefed afterward. Is Bilderberg a nefarious group? I have no idea. Why? Because they meet in secret! Government in the sunshine.

Maybe. List some other conspiracy theories that fall into that category.

the conspiracy theory that the moon landing were faked. Common sense says hundreds of thousands of people were involved and there is no way all of them kept quiet. Common sense also says why would you fake Apollo 13 failing and almost being a disaster?

The conspiracy theory that Towers 1 & 2 were wired with explosives for 9-11. Common sense says no one saw (live or on security cams) anyone entering the buildings with huge duffel bags full of C4 but thousands (millions if you count TV viewers) saw 2 damn big planes.

The theory that a bunch of European bankers formed the Federal Reserve to create a "one world bank". Common sense says, it's 90 years later and still no "one world bank" what are these guys waiting for?

Any of that Zeitgeist crap involving the FRB or our banking system. Common sense says when over half of your "evidence" in the first 30 minutes of your movie is flat out false (misquotes, fake quotes, false facts, etc.) then odds are the rest of it is crap (made up to sell videos and books).

Any theory involving the US government keeping some "great secret" for decades (Area 51, Roswell, etc.). Common sense says the President can't even keep a BJ secret. Watergate, Iran-Contra, Allende, dropping (as in MC80 style dropping) H-bombs on Spain, the USS Liberty, the Iranian Hostage rescue debacle, etc. and with all that ineptitude someone wants me to believe that some massively complex operation was secretly carried out to perfection?

Similar to the conspiracy theory that the Gulf of Tonkin incident didn't happen? Or that the Lusitania WAS filled with munitions?

No, those are pretty straight forward theories. The Lusitania was a big ship that could carry cargo and passengers-fact, there was a war on-fact, wars cause a demand for munitions-fact, U-boats were targeting ships carrying munitions-fact, U-Boats were avoiding passenger-only liners-fact, the munitions suppliers wanted to avoid their stuff getting torpedoed-fact.

I'm talking about those theories that ignore most of the facts and try to string together distantly related coincidences into a highly complicated web where if one link fails the whole thing crashes down. Common sense says at least one link usually fails.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 09, 2010, 06:24:36 PM

J.G. is the supreme mainstream media apologist.......He could and would not possibly open his head for a different view........

Ad hominem, nice.

Why debate facts when it is so much easier to smear character.

And I have never been a media apologist. I am usually a huge critic of the media (and their sloppiness)

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#10 : May 10, 2010, 12:41:45 PM

Where's "The Body" when you really need him ...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 10, 2010, 12:49:29 PM

No.

If they want to discuss it should be in an open forum either to the media or public.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bilderberg manipulated stock market crash? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools