Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs begin suing its fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 25

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#15 : May 10, 2010, 02:08:51 PM

The same fans that want athletes to not hold out and fullfill their contracts are now trying to get out of contracts and jump ship since the Bucs are in a rebuilding phase? Sounds like a double standard to me. If you sign a legal contract live up to your end of the contract.

Agree, but there are mitigating circumstances in this case. Feeding 3 children is a little more important than paying some Billionaires  for  a luxury she can simply no longer afford.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

rowdies90210

Practice Squad

#16 : May 10, 2010, 02:13:32 PM

T,  do you remember when Earnest Graham was the workhorse for this team?   Earnest was a starting RB and carried this team to the playoffs in 2007, but his contract had him  playing for basicially the league's minimum salary.   Sometimes, the "conditions" and "circumstances" change in life which warrant renegotiating contracts.  It's bad business to not recognize current market conditions and not adapt.  It would be very short-sighted to nail a few hundred people to get their money if it meant pissin off the entire market base.        

Tampa Stadium

Rookie

#17 : May 10, 2010, 02:14:45 PM

Maybe someone should step up and sue the Buccaneers for breach of contract.

In the original Charter Seat Agreement, it is stated that Charter Members will have their names displayed inside of the new stadium.

I have yet to see my name anywhere in that place.

calicojack

Starter
#18 : May 10, 2010, 02:15:20 PM

In the mean time, you can by season tickets without a deposit.  The "appreciation" rings a bit hollow...

The Dream Team

rowdies90210

Practice Squad

#19 : May 10, 2010, 02:16:26 PM

Who is that troll in the photo Calicojack?

calicojack

Starter
#20 : May 10, 2010, 02:17:33 PM

It's Hugh Glazerhouse...

The Dream Team

#21 : May 10, 2010, 02:17:40 PM

Maybe someone should step up and sue the Buccaneers for breach of contract.

In the original Charter Seat Agreement, it is stated that Charter Members will have their names displayed inside of the new stadium.

I have yet to see my name anywhere in that place

Wow - really? Maybe it's somewhere with restricted access?  (lol)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 10, 2010, 02:21:14 PM

It's a bad situation all around, but not at all exclusive to the Bucs.

Washington Redskins React to Fans' Tough Luck With Tough Love

It would be hard to find a more loyal fan of the Washington Redskins than real estate agent Pat Hill. She's had season tickets since the early 1960s, when her daughter danced in the halftime shows at the old D.C. Stadium, before it was renamed in memory of Robert F. Kennedy.

In the hallway of her modest home south of Alexandria, the 72-year-old grandmother points out the burgundy-and-gold Redskins hook rug she made. In her bedroom, she shows off the pennants from two Redskins Super Bowl games she attended, and she opens a music box on her dresser that plays "Hail to the Redskins."

Now, Hill says, her beloved Redskins are forcing her into bankruptcy.

Last year, Hill's real estate sales were hit hard by the housing market crash, and she told the team that she could no longer afford her $5,300-a-year contract for two loge seats behind the end zone. Hill said she asked the Redskins to waive her contract for a year or two.

The sales office declined.

On Oct. 8, the Redskins sued Hill in Prince George's County Circuit Court for backing out of a 10-year ticket-renewal agreement after the first year. The team sought payment for every season through 2017, plus interest, attorneys' fees and court costs.

Hill couldn't afford a lawyer. She did not fight the lawsuit or even respond to it because, she said, she believes that the Bible says that it is morally wrong not to pay your debts. The team won a default judgment of $66,364.

"It really breaks my heart," Hill said, her voice cracking as the tears well and spill. "I don't even believe in bankruptcy.

"We are supposed to pay our bills. I ain't trying to get out of anything."

Hill is one of 125 season ticket holders who asked to be released from multiyear contracts and were sued by the Redskins in the past five years. The Washington Post interviewed about two dozen of them. Most said that they were victims of the economic downturn, having lost a job or experiencing some other financial hardship.

Redskins General Counsel David Donovan said the lawsuits are a last resort that involve a small percentage of the team's 20,000 annual premium seat contracts. He added that the team has accommodated people in hard-luck circumstances hundreds of times. He said he was unaware of Pat Hill's case.

"The Washington Redskins routinely works out payment plans and alternate arrangements with hundreds of ticket holders every year," Donovan said. "For every one we sue, I would guess we work out a deal with half a dozen."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

T

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 10, 2010, 02:25:25 PM

There are probably alot of sob stories with Single parents, or people in financial trouble because, of the economy but if you have a legally binding contract you need to own up to it. Should the Bucs be willing to work with the paying customers? YES, but this mythical lady in distress knew this is a financial responsibility she was obligated to and now wants to get out of it because, she cannot afford it...

Sounds to me as poor planning. Best of luck to her.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 10, 2010, 02:30:11 PM

billionaire owners suing average folks = scumbags ... period

T

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 10, 2010, 02:31:48 PM

Average folks trying to avoid paying their bills =deadbeats

JDrew

Rookie

#26 : May 10, 2010, 02:33:32 PM

The same fans that want athletes to not hold out and fullfill their contracts are now trying to get out of contracts and jump ship since the Bucs are in a rebuilding phase? Sounds like a double standard to me. If you sign a legal contract live up to your end of the contract.

Agree, but there are mitigating circumstances in this case. Feeding 3 children is a little more important than paying some Billionaires �for �a luxury she can simply no longer afford.

A contract is BINDED BY THE LAW.  Regardless of the situation, you agreed to the terms , you follow through with it.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#27 : May 10, 2010, 02:34:35 PM

There are probably alot of sob stories with Single parents, or people in financial trouble because, of the economy but if you have a legally binding contract you need to own up to it. Should the Bucs be willing to work with the paying customers? YES, but this mythical lady in distress knew this is a financial responsibility she was obligated to and now wants to get out of it because, she cannot afford it...

Sounds to me as poor planning. Best of luck to her.

Bullspit.. This crappy organization is obligated to putting a product on the field that is worthy of the value of the ticket.  Dont expect me to pay $75 for a $10 product and $2 coach.

JDrew

Rookie

#28 : May 10, 2010, 02:38:11 PM

Average folks trying to avoid paying their bills =deadbeats

Bingo.

#29 : May 10, 2010, 02:42:22 PM

Ahhh... the litigious cycle.  Keeping lawyers wealthy since time immemorial.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs begin suing its fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools