Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs begin suing its fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25

JDrew

Rookie

#30 : May 10, 2010, 02:45:08 PM

There are probably alot of sob stories with Single parents, or people in financial trouble because, of the economy but if you have a legally binding contract you need to own up to it. Should the Bucs be willing to work with the paying customers? YES, but this mythical lady in distress knew this is a financial responsibility she was obligated to and now wants to get out of it because, she cannot afford it...

Sounds to me as poor planning. Best of luck to her.

Bullspit.. This crappy organization is obligated to putting a product on the field that is worthy of the value of the ticket. �Dont expect me to pay $75 for a $10 product and $2 coach.

Bullspit to you you sir. If you can't live up to what's on a contract then don't sign it. Your opionion is your opinion. If you want to spend money on this organization then do it.  If not then don't.

Bottom line, don't agree to something you aren't planning on completely following through.

bucs fan lkld

Rookie

#31 : May 10, 2010, 02:52:04 PM

I'm not a lawyer but if the Bucs changed thier policy on Season Ticket Purchase doesn't it then apply to the existing customers. It says in thier contract that they can change thier policies  as needed.  They no longer require a seat deposit or length of time requirement Correct? So her contract should be subject to the current policy. Just a thought

rowdies90210

Practice Squad

#32 : May 10, 2010, 02:53:27 PM

JDrew, based on your logic, if someone signs an 18% mortgage, they shouldn't refinance if rates dip down to 5%?   I think her point was contracts can, and should, be renegotiated.  Mortgage rates were once 18% because that was the market.   However, the Tampa market has changed in the past few years.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 10, 2010, 02:58:48 PM

Average folks trying to avoid paying their bills =deadbeats

What's wrong with not paying for season tickets?   The Glazers can just keep the deposit and sell those seats to someone else.   The problem is that the product is so piss poor that nobody wants to buy those tickets anymore.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 10, 2010, 03:02:49 PM

Anyone who buys season tickets to this team now is a fool.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#35 : May 10, 2010, 03:03:42 PM

As another poster mentioned, this isn't exclusive to the Glazers. I've heard the same story with the Jets, and I'm sure it happens across the league. It's just like getting a credit card. You bought something and agreed to pay it. If you situation no longer allows you to, that's why they made Bankruptcy. If Donald Trump can do it twice, so can your friend.

rowdies90210

Practice Squad

#36 : May 10, 2010, 03:06:08 PM

Average folks trying to avoid paying their bills =deadbeats

What's wrong with not paying for season tickets? The Glazers can just keep the deposit and sell those seats to someone else. The problem is that the product is so piss poor that nobody wants to buy those tickets anymore.

I think they ran out of suckers.   Tampa isn't as big was Wahsington D.C. or New York obviously.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#37 : May 10, 2010, 03:17:05 PM

JDrew, based on your logic, if someone signs an 18% mortgage, they shouldn't refinance if rates dip down to 5%?   I think her point was contracts can, and should, be renegotiated.  Mortgage rates were once 18% because that was the market.   However, the Tampa market has changed in the past few years.

Your example has no correlation. We're not talking about someone looking to refinance, we're talking about someone looking to get out of a contract. A better example would be the millions of Americans who are upside down in their houses because of the real estate market tanking. Banks aren't just letting them walk away either. Has the value of season tickets gone down a lot? Yes. Does that mean the Bucs should just let fans out of their contracts? We all know that is bad business, and won't happen.

rowdies90210

Practice Squad

#38 : May 10, 2010, 03:19:01 PM

Bucs, I think if you just look at last season, its more like buying a mortgage for a house that is full of toxic Chinese dry wall.   

kbl11

Starter

#39 : May 10, 2010, 03:26:09 PM

The same fans that want athletes to not hold out and fullfill their contracts are now trying to get out of contracts and jump ship since the Bucs are in a rebuilding phase? Sounds like a double standard to me. If you sign a legal contract live up to your end of the contract.

Agree, but there are mitigating circumstances in this case. Feeding 3 children is a little more important than paying some Billionaires  for  a luxury she can simply no longer afford.

sad stroy and all, but a contract is a contract and why should the Glazers listen to every sob story about how people want to get out of a contract THEY agreed to?

Whats the big deal here? You sign a contract in this world, and you live up to it

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 10, 2010, 03:27:00 PM

As another poster mentioned, this isn't exclusive to the Glazers. I've heard the same story with the Jets, and I'm sure it happens across the league. It's just like getting a credit card. You bought something and agreed to pay it. If you situation no longer allows you to, that's why they made Bankruptcy. If Donald Trump can do it twice, so can your friend.

this isn't about a credit card purchase ... this is someone gave their money for the right to buy the tickets.  now they either can't buy or don't want to .... she's not asking for her deposit back .... Bucs keep the deposit and then resale the tickets .... like I said, this has been the policy in the past, but since they now are putting an inferior product on the field and  the demand is nearly nonexistent perhaps they are changing this policy.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 10, 2010, 03:27:26 PM

i cant believe some are so stupid that they cant understand a binding contract. you signed a contract agreeing to pay X. plain and simple, pay the contract.

whoever mentioned renegotiating a contract is completely clueless. your talking about refinancing to lower interest. not getting out of the payments completely.

what most of you are suggesting would be the equivilent of financing a car, signing a 5 year loan, and then trying to get out of it after driving the car for a couple years. The bank isnt going to say, well you cant pay, just forget about it and give us the car.

its called RESPONSIBILITY!!!!

you signed your name on the dotted line giving your word you would pay for tickets for however many years. live up to your word and pay up, or live with the consequences.

not sure what makes people think that they dont need to accept the consequences for their actions. why they feel the sense of entitlement that would allow thm to live outside of the rules laid out by a contract they signed is beyond me.

stop being stupid and outlandish and accept the fact that this is what she agreed to. no matter the sob story, she agreed to it. she must live with the consequences for her actions.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#42 : May 10, 2010, 03:28:10 PM

Bucs, I think if you just look at last season, its more like buying a mortgage for a house that is full of toxic Chinese dry wall.

Because of a 3-13 season? So what are Rams Season tickets?

#43 : May 10, 2010, 03:30:38 PM

lol... you tell we're in a lull in the offseason for sure.

She should exercise her free speech and call the newspapers and picket out in front of 1 Buc place.

Doe that change this conversation any?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 10, 2010, 03:32:15 PM

What a ridiculous thread.....the family history of the Glazers is all you need to know and completely understand the situation.  The elder Glazer was basically a slumlord at one point.....so suing fans is probably not a big concern at all.

Some average folks have been hit hard.....so they are hardly deadbeats.....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs begin suing its fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools