Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs finally use Graham? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: May 12, 2010, 05:04:15 AM

The guy gives it his all every game. It seemed everytime he got hot last year we sat him for Ward or Caddy for them only to disappoint. I love Cadillac, but he isn't a starter anymore. We need someone who can step up and be the guy on 1st and 2nd down.

bucsmontana

Second String

#1 : May 12, 2010, 05:54:42 AM

I hope they use him more this year. The guy has a spark when he touches the ball. i remember a few time last year Graham broke off a couple decent runs and they threw Ward or Caddy in. I think a lot of that was because of the inexperience of the coaching staff. I think Graham should get come carries as a FB this year. Not many FBs get carries anymore, except in short yardage situations. Giving Graham carries as a FB would really keep the defense off balanced if used correctly.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 12, 2010, 06:21:19 AM

Graham is a give all he has kind of guy but he's always reminded me of a slightly better Errict Rhett. Okay but not upper echelon. This happens every offseason. Our guys are serviceable, not great. Nothing wrong with that. They're all solid. Just nobody who's going to be a stud on Madden.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 12, 2010, 07:01:19 AM

I hope they use him more this year. The guy has a spark when he touches the ball. i remember a few time last year Graham broke off a couple decent runs and they threw Ward or Caddy in. I think a lot of that was because of the inexperience of the coaching staff. I think Graham should get come carries as a FB this year. Not many FBs get carries anymore, except in short yardage situations. Giving Graham carries as a FB would really keep the defense off balanced if used correctly.

Well he did volunteer to get less carries, and he did have to take on FB duties. Sure the coaching staff was inexperienced, but no one is going to bench a guy who's breaking off big runs.

#4 : May 12, 2010, 07:36:39 AM

I like Graham a lot... dude is a football player.  I hope that he gets snaps as a RB... but I also hope they give him snaps at ST and FB (because that's where he has contributed most (so far.)

To say that Williams isn't a starter anymore is off the mark IMO.   If (and it's a big one) he can stay healthy this season, our oline doesn't go all schizophrenic (stick to what they're good at) and the WR/QB connections develop,  we should be pretty well set (and relatively deep) and productive this year in the RB department.

Williams has a full offseason not recovering, has improved his hands and pass pro and has a team first attitude.  I think he'll surprise some this year. He was good for 1040 all purpose yards last year in the debacle.   

I'm looking forward to watching them all take the snaps this year.

nybucsfan

Rookie

#5 : May 12, 2010, 07:50:47 AM

Yeah the FB dive is an unlikely call on 3rd and short. Many times i see the FB dive stuffed at the line. Give him carries just not out of full back. Something about a 3 yard head start and no blocking that makes it tough to gain yards on.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 12, 2010, 08:19:48 AM

The Bucs dont have a feature back. Graham is not the answer. All are serviceable, but dont expect any of them to be a homerun hitter.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 12, 2010, 09:54:51 AM

Have to give our 30 year old prize free agent from last season the opportunities this year....sure glad he only has the wear and tear of a 23 year old

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

thanson

Starter

#8 : May 12, 2010, 02:40:07 PM

Graham is already past his prime...too bad, he could of been a top 15/20 rb. If he finished his carear in Tampa, it will be as a FB

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 12, 2010, 03:47:18 PM

Graham is already past his prime...too bad, he could of been a top 15/20 rb. If he finished his carear in Tampa, it will be as a FB
He's the same age as the guy we gave a big contract to last year and RAW wants to get him more involved

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 12, 2010, 04:04:28 PM

Back in the day, it was common for FB's to carry the pigskin. Jimmy Brown and Jimmy Taylor were both fullbacks. As was Larry Csonka. The problem we have nowadays is simple; who among the crop of NFL halfbacks (or "running backs") can actually BLOCK effectively for the FB when called upon to do so? I can't think of ONE on the Bucs, for instance...
     I can't speak for Jimmy Brown, but I know Paul Hornung was a very good blocker for Jim Taylor, and Jim Kiick for Csonka...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 12, 2010, 04:46:49 PM

doubt he makes the final roster.  cost too much money for a 3rd stringer and the team might want to bring up Huggins.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 13, 2010, 02:23:18 AM

Cut Ward, give Graham more carries.

#13 : May 13, 2010, 03:01:46 AM

doubt he makes the final roster.  cost too much money for a 3rd stringer and the team might want to bring up Huggins.
No way does he get cut. He may be the starting FB at the start of the season which is disappointing. He deserves a shot to start at RB

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 13, 2010, 04:11:18 AM

No way does he get cut. He may be the starting FB at the start of the season which is disappointing. He deserves a shot to start at RB

The problem with Earnest is that he is a gamer. His game doesn't translate well to the practice field where he is slower than the other backs and contact is minimal, so he doesn't stand out relative to the other backs.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs finally use Graham? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools