Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs finally use Graham? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Smoke

Practice Squad

#15 : May 13, 2010, 10:28:23 PM

doubt he makes the final roster.  cost too much money for a 3rd stringer and the team might want to bring up Huggins.
No way does he get cut. He may be the starting FB at the start of the season which is disappointing. He deserves a shot to start at RB
Graham will not be a starting fullback. Chris Pressly will be the true starting fullback for the Buc's 2010 season.

Graham may play fullback in certain situations or in relief, but he will be primarily used as a halfback or apart of the (let me use Gruden's terminology here) 'rocket' back set.

Pressly is a true FB and will be lighting fools up Tony Richardson style as long as he can learn the playbook. There will be a lot to prove in this training camp however, many positions will be open for competition... should be an interesting camp in result. Who will be the 4 rbs? Who will be the two fbs? Will we carry more than those traditional numbers? I'm staying tuned to find out.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 13, 2010, 10:55:37 PM

I really don't think they have plans for Graham at RB anymore.  He got what, 14 carries all last season?  There is no way they see him as part of the future.

I think its more Taylors job to lose right now (the backup FB spot).  If Taylor even shows average ability at FB I think Graham is released because of his age and salary.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 14, 2010, 09:04:46 AM

agreed

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 14, 2010, 06:19:09 PM

Graham didn't get very many carries last season but the carries he DID get... were a disappointment to me. He never really "got hot". I think this year is gonna be similar to last year. Caddy will be the main guy, Ward will get in when Caddy needs a break and Graham will not have a lot of opportunities to touch the ball...

...BUT... Things can change very quickly. If Graham does happen to get the ball and he lights it up, he'll keep getting it. Same with Ward... and Caddy for that matter. Whoever plays the best is gonna see the ball most. I just think that Caddy is gonna be the best out of the three again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 14, 2010, 07:41:21 PM

doubt he makes the final roster.� cost too much money for a 3rd stringer and the team might want to bring up Huggins.
No way does he get cut. He may be the starting FB at the start of the season which is disappointing. He deserves a shot to start at RB

The problem with Earnest is that he is a gamer. His game doesn't translate well to the practice field where he is slower than the other backs and contact is minimal, so he doesn't stand out relative to the other backs.
Bingo...when the paint chips start flying off the helmets, we know Graham is at his best.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 14, 2010, 09:01:59 PM

My guess is that Graham is either the 2nd string RB or the starting FB. If he's either the 3rd string RB or the backup FB....he probably will be cut.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 14, 2010, 09:38:01 PM

The guy gives it his all every game. It seemed everytime he got hot last year we sat him for Ward or Caddy for them only to disappoint. I love Cadillac, but he isn't a starter anymore. We need someone who can step up and be the guy on 1st and 2nd down.

Nope - while I agree he should get some time - he will remain behind Ward and Caddy unless there is an injury

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 14, 2010, 10:53:26 PM

Graham didn't get very many carries last season but the carries he DID get... were a disappointment to me. He never really "got hot".

not even the game against buffalo or the 2 against no?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#23 : May 15, 2010, 01:00:26 AM

Cut Ward, give Graham more carries.
+1
doubt he makes the final roster.� cost too much money for a 3rd stringer and the team might want to bring up Huggins.

The problem with Earnest is that he is a gamer. His game doesn't translate well to the practice field where he is slower than the other backs and contact is minimal, so he doesn't stand out relative to the other backs.
Bingo...when the paint chips start flying off the helmets, we know Graham is at his best.

+100 I've watched Graham since H.S at Mariner and then with the Gators , he has always been that way . Grudens Dad was right when he said he was the BEST RB ON THE BUCS.
And I think it still is true now.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 15, 2010, 10:13:59 AM

I big reason he went undrafted and spent time on the PS prior to cracking the lineup.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 15, 2010, 01:07:42 PM

I think the only reason we got Ward last year was because no one expected Caddy to come back as strong as he did; i.e., to play the entire season.
   I actually agree with Java; I'd like to see Graham take Ward's roster spot. They're both the same age and Graham is way more versatile.
   Taking it a step further, I also would like to see Huggins become that change-of-pace back Peanut has failed to become. Between injuries and fumbles, Peanut has struggled.
   And to complete my 'dream backfield', when Rendrick Taylor shows he's a good option as a backup FB and/or H-back/TE behind Pressley... I do like all the possibilities here ;D!

buc5win

Starter

#26 : May 15, 2010, 02:20:12 PM

Cut Ward, give Graham more carries.
smartest thing I've heard you say

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 15, 2010, 02:36:24 PM

Bucs are very high on Pressley, according to PR.

If Taylor shows any skills at all and unless there is an injury to Caddy or Ward, think Graham will not make the final roster.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#28 : May 15, 2010, 02:57:22 PM

Oh man, I could go on and on about why I love Earnest Graham. This guy is awsome, he has minimal wear and tear and has a lot of upside, which we all saw in 2007&2008.

I dont know why the Bucs brass wants to give Ward another chance, hes going to be the Micheal Clayton of 2010. Graham as the #1 back and Caddy as the #2 back would be nice. If something happens to Caddy down the road Huggins could be our #2 back, that would be such a great set-up. We problably could have gotten SOMETHING for Ward, maybe not much, but SOMETHING. I hope, for the Bucs' sake, Ward does well, but Graham & Caddy would be a more effective backfield.

There is no doubt in my mind.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 15, 2010, 11:48:17 PM

The guy gives it his all every game. ...... We need someone who can step up and be the guy on 1st and 2nd down.

I support this notion!!!

It's a frustrating situation to watch him fight through the politics to prove himself, and then be relegated...    [banghead]

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the Bucs finally use Graham? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools