Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman claims teen girl in Lawence Taylor case is lying about being raped « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 16, 2010, 02:35:23 PM

NEW YORK (AP)—A woman has come forward as a defense witness in the sexual assault case against Lawrence Taylor, saying the 16-year-old girl who accused the NFL legend of rape never had sex with him, according to a statement from the woman confirmed Friday by Taylor’s attorney.

The 23-year-old woman said in a sworn statement that she accompanied an alleged pimp and the 16-year-old girl to a hotel outside New York City where Taylor was staying. She said the teenager returned to the car with $300 in cash and said: “It was weird … we didn’t even have sex.”

“He’s innocent. She’s lying. She wasn’t raped,” she said in the statement.

The statement was given to investigators working for the defense team and seen by The Associated Press. Defense attorney Arthur Aidala said he was planning to use the woman’s testimony in the case.

The 16-year-old girl has never been identified publicly by police. The probe is being handled by the Ramapo police department, and Detective Lt. Brad Weidel said Friday the department had no comment. The Rockland County district attorney’s office did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

The woman is a stripper who lived in a Bronx apartment with the alleged pimp, Rasheed Davis, and the girl. She said in the statement that she was with the two when New York City police arrested Davis and took the girl to a hospital.

The woman’s account differs from those of police and of a federal criminal complaint in the case. Neither official account mentioned her.

The woman said in the statement that she waited with Davis for about 45 minutes while the girl was inside Taylor’s hotel room, and that the girl knew she was there to meet the famous NFL star. Inside the room, Taylor rubbed himself on the girl, but they did not have sex, according to the woman’s account.

“She wasn’t sad, mad or anything like that,” the woman said of the 16-year-old when she returned to the vehicle after being in Taylor’s hotel room.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AubvyEvrKc5vZApCW53Hr2tDubYF?slug=ap-lawrencetaylorarrested

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 17, 2010, 12:13:53 PM

Questions?

Why is this called a "rape" if the girl was a prostitute engaging in her "line of work"?

Is it statutory "rape" ( a term I disagree with when discussing physically mature women) if the girl denied being under 18? Is it customary to check IDs when hiring a hooker?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 17, 2010, 01:43:56 PM

Interesting and convenient that all of a sudden this star witness comes to the forefront.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#3 : May 17, 2010, 01:55:52 PM

Questions?

Why is this called a "rape" if the girl was a prostitute engaging in her "line of work"?

Is it statutory "rape" ( a term I disagree with when discussing physically mature women) if the girl denied being under 18? Is it customary to check IDs when hiring a hooker?

I have always had a huge issue with the term statutory rape. While I can see age discrepancys being potentially criminal, It isnt rape if it is consentual.  I think using the word rape in this manner is extremely insulting to anyone who has been forced into sex acts against their will.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 17, 2010, 04:45:48 PM

Interesting and convenient that all of a sudden this star witness comes to the forefront.

The question I have is why isnt this woman mentioned in any of the police reports? She was there when they took the pimp into custody. Did the police never question her? Did they omit her statement? And then suddenly when the defense questions her, she comes out with this blockbuster statement that the girl was never raped. Either she was clamming up and suddenly decided to talk or there is some bad police work here.

This whole case is weird.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 17, 2010, 04:58:02 PM

EXACTLY cyber! Ding, ding, ding!
Or option #3 she was promised a ton of money to tell the story that benefits Taylor.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 17, 2010, 06:26:36 PM

Questions?

Is it statutory "rape" ( a term I disagree with when discussing physically mature women) if the girl denied being under 18?

yes, i believe so.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman claims teen girl in Lawence Taylor case is lying about being raped « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools