Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SLIMMER PENN TO HOLD OUT OF OTAs, POSSIBLY MINI-CAMP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

thanson

Starter

#30 : May 14, 2010, 03:00:01 PM

I agree. No reason to overpay for a unperforming LT. Good Luck elsewhere Penn. Bring on the rookie!!

skip

Starter

#31 : May 14, 2010, 04:06:19 PM

In my humble opinion he is the best lineman we have. He doesin't give up sacks plain and simple. Good left tackles demand premium salaries. The Glazers better not let him get away, they need to stop fooling around and make a commitment to keeping the talent here.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 14, 2010, 04:11:48 PM

In my humble opinion he is the best lineman we have. He doesin't give up sacks plain and simple. Good left tackles demand premium salaries. The Glazers better not let him get away, they need to stop fooling around and make a commitment to keeping the talent here.
He's given up 13 sacks in the past two seasons. That's the same amount as Trueblood and 1 fewer than Flozell Adams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 14, 2010, 04:14:15 PM

He's given up 13 sacks in the past two seasons. That's the same amount as Trueblood and 1 fewer than Flozell Adams.

beat me to it! he gave up 8 last year IIRC.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 14, 2010, 04:45:32 PM

It's not like losing a few pounds would hurt him.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 14, 2010, 09:45:00 PM

This keeps getting brought up - while ignoring the fact he has shut down the better/best rushers he faces.  The guy needs to be brought on board by his coach that he is vital, and get his productivity to be more consistent.  Then look at the money.  Don't forget the buccs paid MC80 last year - money very poorly spent.  Report states Penn is looking for 6 million - put the performance clauses in - let him show you he can do it.  Put the issue of money earned in his hands.  If he gets it done - great - if not - his bad.  As for Fulton - please, we are trying to get a rookie qb going forward, not get him injured.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 14, 2010, 10:55:39 PM

I have no problem upgrading ANY position when the opportunity presents itself but Penn is a solid LT in this league.  I'd like to know of those 8 sacks how many were all on Penn?  He plays well enough.  You better have a good replacement before "benching" him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 14, 2010, 11:16:29 PM

This keeps getting brought up - while ignoring the fact he has shut down the better/best rushers he faces.  The guy needs to be brought on board by his coach that he is vital, and get his productivity to be more consistent.  Then look at the money.  Don't forget the buccs paid MC80 last year - money very poorly spent.  Report states Penn is looking for 6 million - put the performance clauses in - let him show you he can do it.  Put the issue of money earned in his hands.  If he gets it done - great - if not - his bad.  As for Fulton - please, we are trying to get a rookie qb going forward, not get him injured.
No one ignores that Penn has had some really good individual games. But lots of players are capable of having a few good games here and there. The ones who make the coin do it all season.

I'm not sure where Fulton got brought into this discussion.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: SLIMMER PENN TO HOLD OUT OF OTAs, POSSIBLY MINI-CAMP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools