Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another Freeman convert. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 14, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

It is hard to say Josh Freeman was every bit as good as Sanchez when The Jets go to the AFC championship game.

I love Freeman but I want to go to the playoffs and I want to see my QB lead the way.  Sounds like he is doing all the right things to get better, but we all must see that on the field during the season.

Was it Sanchez that lead the Jets to the playoffs or was it the Jets top D and Run game?

It was a combination of all.    Sanchez did a helluva job for a rookie.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #31 : May 14, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »

It is hard to say Josh Freeman was every bit as good as Sanchez when The Jets go to the AFC championship game.

I love Freeman but I want to go to the playoffs and I want to see my QB lead the way.  Sounds like he is doing all the right things to get better, but we all must see that on the field during the season.

Was it Sanchez that lead the Jets to the playoffs or was it the Jets top D and Run game? The answer is the latter.

Also, do you really believe Sanchez could have won any game, other than Seattle, in Freeman's situation? I don't, and Freeman didn't get the snaps in TC either.

Our record would not have been much better if Freeman had started from the beginning. The defense was too much to overcome. Nine games is still enough experience for Freeman to build on. After the upcoming TC and preseason, I believe Freeman will be on equal footing with Stafford and Sanchez. When the season is over, we will have a much better idea which team made the best choice. I am prejudiced and trying very hard to be objective, but I believe Freeman is the best choice for the Bucs, even including this year's draft. I'm wishing my life away. I can't wait for the season to start.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #32 : May 14, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »

Agree on Freeman. And Sanchez had a couple of nice plays in the playoffs and did what he had to do - which wasn't too much. He should be commended for that. But in the regular season, he was pretty bad and not the reason the Jets went 8-8. That would be the Colts. Just kidding.

Should also be interesting to see how Sanchez plays this year if the Jets have to throw the ball. Might get ugly in NY.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #33 : May 14, 2010, 11:24:46 AM »

Agree on Freeman. And Sanchez had a couple of nice plays in the playoffs and did what he had to do - which wasn't too much. He should be commended for that. But in the regular season, he was pretty bad and not the reason the Jets went 8-8. That would be the Colts. Just kidding.

Should also be interesting to see how Sanchez plays this year if the Jets have to throw the ball. Might get ugly in NY.

You should post your JBF story in this thread, so more people will see it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #34 : May 14, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »

Let's take an honest look back at last season after Rheem took over the defense and Freeman became the starter.

Week 9. We beat Greenbay 38-28 in one of the greatest games in recent memories. Freeman's 1st start, the creamsicle uni's, our first win of the season. It was great. Defense was good and Freeman threw for 205 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 Int.

Week 10. We had the Dolphins beat, but lost 23-25 because of that ridiculous call with Clayton and the "fumble" (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009111501/2009/REG10/buccaneers@dolphins#tab:watch ) and our defense just couldn't stop em when it counted. Freeman threw for 196 yards, 1 TD and 1 Int.

Week 11. We got pummeled by the Saints 38-7. Defense was horrible, we had no run game, and Freeman threw 1 TD, 3 Ints.

Week 12. We lost to the Falcons 17-20. Again the defense just couldn't do it's job against back up QB and RB, but Freeman had us in it. Virtually no run  game, but Freeman threw for 250 yards, 2TDs and zero Ints.

Week 13. Freeman had his worst game ever against the panthers. Lost 6-16. He threw for 320 yards, but had 5 Ints all in the redzone. Defense played well, but even with no DeAngelo Williams the Panthers ran it down our throats. In fairness the defense was worn out from the constant turnovers.

Week 14. Totally outmatched by the Jets. Lost 3-26. Freeman had another horrible game. Threw for 93 yards and 3 Ints. The defense allowed Thomas Jones to run all over them and back up K. Clemons to be very effective. Not a good day.

Week 15. Freeman and the defense bounce back to dominate the Seahawks in Seatle and win 24-7. The defense picked Hasslebech off 4 times and ruled the day. Freeman threw for 205 yards, 2 TDs and one Int. Our running actually produced as well.

Week 16. Pulled out a huge upset win beating the Saints in the dome in OT 20-17. Freeman threw for 271 yards but had 2 Ints. Caddie had a huge day on the grounf though and our defense shut them out in the second half. Spurlocks kick return for a TD really capped off a great day where every aspect of the team contributed to win.

Week 17. Finally the last game of the season we fell pretty flat to the Falcons and lost 10-20. Not the way you wanna finish. Freeman threw for 172 yards a TD and 2 Ints. There was no run game once again and our defense was horrible.

So Freeman had two horrible games against the Panthers and Jets, Two poor games against the Saints and Falcons, and looked good to great in the other 5 games.

It's easy to look back at last season and just remember a horrible blur of yuck, but if you really look at the final nine games, you see it isn't as bad as many would think. I think losing an often injured AB and gaining two top rookie recievers is a wash. Our offense should be just as good and probably better than last year. It's all on Freeman really. The defense should be better. Everyone is experinced in Rheems scheme now, they are playing a scheme that fits them unlike Bates scheme, and even though they are rookies, you gotta believe Miller, Price, and McCoy will do a better job up front than Hovan and Sims did last year. Not to mention Myron Lewis is an upgrade over Mack at nickel and Sean Jones is an experienced vet that upgrades over Sabby.

It's gonna depend on the offensive line being able to block, and Freeman being able to step up. I'm confident in Freeman....not so much in the O-line.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
« #35 : May 14, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »

Good post Jdub .

I think the changing schemes and QBs really hurt the O-line being able to find their rhythm last year . And whenever AB was out opposing defenses lost all fear of the deep ball and the line was dealing with eight or nine man fronts constantly .

I think if Winslow , Stroughter ,Stovall ,Brown, Benn and Williams as a unit can become a constant deep threat and if Freeman's extra work this off-season leads to a more accurate deep ball . It SHOULD open up the running game and with that maybe the O-line can find their groove.

Hopefully this year the team will be using the same playbooks they had in training camp , during the season . That just might help a bit .

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #36 : May 14, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »

You should post your JBF story in this thread, so more people will see it.

Thanks.

Josh Freeman is going to set this franchise back five years. He's a bust in waiting and a waste of a pick.

See what happens when you call out the person who said those two ridiculous things right after Free was picked.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=58090.0

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

« #37 : May 14, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »

Almost as telling as the words coming out of Freeman's mouth are the number of people who are starting to believe in what he has to say. People interview Freeman, talk with Freeman, and walk away impressed and confident along WITH him that things will be better in Tampa and that Freeman will be leading the way.

That's genuine leadership, IMO. And that is a GREAT sign.

« #38 : May 15, 2010, 05:14:03 AM »

Are people really putting the losses on Freeman? He had quite a few INTs yes. But when you watch him play, he was more poise than any other rookie QB last year. He has the tools to be a star. He can scramble away from pressure, but can also be a pocket passer.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #39 : May 15, 2010, 05:15:59 AM »

If Freeman can win 3 games with Raheem Morris as head coach, he is a superstar.    No way does that team win a single game with Leftwich or JJ at QB.   

hawks

Practice Squad

« #40 : May 15, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »

real mcCoy, in the NFL losses are on the QB most of the time. That is the way it is. So are wins. That is part of the price you pay when you are a QB . Same in High School and the Same in College.

If we win 8-9 games Freeman will get alot of the credit, if we go 3-13 again that will also fall on Freeman.

I am sure he knows that and it looks like he is willing to take that on.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another Freeman convert. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools