Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs begin suing its fans? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#360 : May 13, 2010, 08:37:09 AM

Fans shouldn't have to decide between whether to cheer their teams on live or sign a "contract" that says they WILL buy tickets for any amount of time regardless of the actions of the owners. 

Fans don't have to choose between those two options.

Anybody who follows this team knows that tickets are available for every game, including the last playoff
appearance against the Giants, via Ticketmaster, Craigslist, StubHub and outside the stadium on game day for face value or less than face value. Why anybody would sign a contract in these current times is beyond me.

If you want to see your team live, every week, you don't have to buy season tickets.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#361 : May 13, 2010, 08:43:19 AM

Everything is a choice.  Every single thing in life is a choice, but in some cases the choices are limited.   IF I wanted to continue to buy my season tickets, then I sign the "contract".    Doesn't change the fact that the Glazers (and other owners) are screwing fans by forcing them to sign a one sided contract or give up cheering their favorite team on in the stadium.  How do you not see that?

LOL. Fans are not giving up cheering on their favorite team. They have plenty of other options for getting tickets. If fans didn't sign the contract, they gave up their ability to see the game from the exact same seats each week. Some didn't want to give that up. So they signed. Big mistake and now they're paying for it.

The smart fans knew that tickets would be available in droves and decided not to sign anything new. Having a guaranteed, same location ticket just wasn't important to the smart fans.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#362 : May 13, 2010, 08:46:42 AM

You mean 'smart' fans who live on the other coast and just chime in on these matters that really don't pertain to them?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#363 : May 13, 2010, 08:56:00 AM

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1995-11-18/sports/9511171910_1_task-force-stadium-seat-campaign

This was originally a campaign for fans to show support for the team and to help keep them in Tampa.  I would thinkg "real" fans would be in support of such a thing.

calicojack

Starter
#364 : May 13, 2010, 09:07:17 AM

There will be fewer tickets on the street now that people are dropping their season tickets...

The Dream Team

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#365 : May 13, 2010, 09:39:50 AM

There will be fewer tickets on the street now that people are dropping their season tickets...

Depends how the team does in the first few weeks.   If they go 0-3, you can expect a boatload of tickets available.

calicojack

Starter
#366 : May 13, 2010, 09:49:05 AM

Depends how the team does in the first few weeks. If they go 0-3, you can expect a boatload of tickets available.

True.  Three games down, and even the most optimistic will lose interest...

The Dream Team

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#367 : May 15, 2010, 01:21:49 PM

The Glazers are evil because they expect people to honor a legally binding contract? How about you
don't sign contracts you can't honor? Then cry about how evil the Glazers are for expecting you to pay.

This entire thread should be locked and burned. How is ok to refer to people as jewish for being cheap? How is that different than saying dont be an N-word? When did it become ok to post stereo typical racist comments? I know these forums are full of 90% ignorant rants, but at some point it has to cross the line. I just got suspended for a week for using the F-word, but this thread is just peachy. What a joke.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#368 : May 15, 2010, 01:25:24 PM

Depends how the team does in the first few weeks. If they go 0-3, you can expect a boatload of tickets available.

Believe it or not, it takes alot more than an 0-3 start to make a real fan lose interest. ALOT more.

kbl11

Starter

#369 : May 15, 2010, 01:27:03 PM

The Glazers are evil because they expect people to honor a legally binding contract? How about you
don't sign contracts you can't honor? Then cry about how evil the Glazers are for expecting you to pay.

This entire thread should be locked and burned. How is ok to refer to people as jewish for being cheap? How is that different than saying dont be an N-word? When did it become ok to post stereo typical racist comments? I know these forums are full of 90% ignorant rants, but at some point it has to cross the line. I just got suspended for a week for using the F-word, but this thread is just peachy. What a joke.

Not even the fact that jews are referred to as cheap, but that he would go out of his way to make a jew joke in a situation where it doesnt even make sense. Pretty indicative of who this guy is

calicojack

Starter
#370 : May 15, 2010, 01:52:16 PM

Believe it or not, it takes alot more than an 0-3 start to make a real fan lose interest. ALOT more.

Yeah.  I've witnessed it throughout the franchise's history...

The Dream Team
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs begin suing its fans? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools