Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: java got me. finally hooked me. lets talk Jon gruden. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 15, 2010, 04:25:08 PM

nice post LA

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 15, 2010, 04:27:20 PM

One thing you can't take away from Java is the dude knows his Bucs history and not like look up stuff on wiki know it . Like know it know it , and only a true fan does that .

No doubt, but that comes with being 40-50 years old.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 15, 2010, 04:28:39 PM

One thing you can't take away from Java is the dude knows his Bucs history and not like look up stuff on wiki know it . Like know it know it , and only a true fan does that .

java knows the history, but hes been proven wrong a few times lately.  this comes to mind most recently...

You are simply a liar.� � Gruden never coached a game for the Bucs that was even close to that bad at home.� �None.� � Look it up in his entire 7 years and show me a game at home that was that bad.� �

Ravens in 2006

And Steelers in 2002 was just as pathetic as the Jets game last year. Gruden has no idea what to do vs great blizting teams. He just called his same stupid bunch formations and got the QB killed.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#18 : May 15, 2010, 04:28:59 PM

nice post LA
Indeed.

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#19 : May 15, 2010, 04:29:33 PM

You forgot to mention and it took and his plethora of QBs 6+ seasons to come back from a double digit deficit to win a game. Freeman did it in his first start for Morris.

Nukepineisland

Pro Bowler
#20 : May 15, 2010, 04:34:58 PM

java knows the history, but hes been proven wrong a few times lately.  this comes to mind most recently...

You are simply a liar.� � Gruden never coached a game for the Bucs that was even close to that bad at home.� �None.� � Look it up in his entire 7 years and show me a game at home that was that bad.� �

Ravens in 2006

And Steelers in 2002 was just as pathetic as the Jets game last year. Gruden has no idea what to do vs great blizting teams. He just called his same stupid bunch formations and got the QB killed.
Agreed , allow me to rephrase ; Java knows his Bucs DRAFT history very well , and IMO if someone follows the draft(which for fans is all about hope.) diligently for a team they really do love the team , plenty of fans dont follow the draft , but every person who follows IS a fan . Again ,IMO .

Since the inception of the NFC South the team that finished last in the division has gone to the playoffs the next year...
...and Ive never been one to question history ;)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 15, 2010, 04:40:00 PM

You must be a masochist to want to start a thread like this.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 15, 2010, 04:40:59 PM

Maybe the S in SBF stands for Sadist?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 15, 2010, 04:42:03 PM

actually your ead through it, and it has been very sensible so far.  very good comments, remove logan from this thread and we are good.

LABuc

Starter

#24 : May 15, 2010, 04:44:12 PM

actually your ead through it, and it has been very sensible so far.  very good comments, remove logan from this thread and we are good.

Since the draft ended, almost every thread seems to take a plunge.

Derrick Brooks, NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2014.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 15, 2010, 04:44:30 PM

java knows the history, but hes been proven wrong a few times lately. this comes to mind most recently...

Ravens in 2006

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

SBF & I talked about this earlier today.... dude just likes to laff and some people are easy targets.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 15, 2010, 05:14:26 PM

Jon Gruden is a coaches coach. Dude knows the game inside and out. Raheem is a players coach. He can get the players to do things because he can relate to them.

Jon Gruden is a good coach, there's  no denying that. But I definitely feel that it was time for a change. A breath of fresh air so to speak when Raheem was hired in his place.

I think that in time Morris can prove to be a good coach. He is going to make mistakes, everyone does. But it's not the mistakes you make, it's whether you learn from them or not. I don't agree with how everything was handled with the hiring and firing of Bates and Jagodzinski, but I do feel the right decision was made in letting them go. I wasn't a big fan of both hires and thought there was better candidates out there. I questioned the Freeman pick early on, but the kid has shown flashes of something this team has needed for a long time.

Raheem and Dominik have taken a team with a severe lack of talent and brought in some guys who have made a significant impact on this team, something we haven't seen in quite a while.

Raheem and Dominik have my attention, and I'm willing to see what they can do. With that said, I am not married to the guy but you can't sit there and tell me that after one season and his first time ever as a head coach, you haven't at LEAST seen somethings that have grabbed your attention for the right reasons.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 15, 2010, 05:48:28 PM

Good that you two talked - would have thought you might have had something better to talk about.  I was wondering what might be offered - you surprised me SBF.  I would have thought something with substance.  This is right up there with mocking another poster's screen name.  It is off season - but damn.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 15, 2010, 06:14:00 PM

You forgot to mention and it took and his plethora of QBs 6+ seasons to come back from a double digit deficit to win a game. Freeman did it in his first start for Morris.

Aw, come on. I was AT that game.
Don't you think that's kind of a "reach" statement?

I mean, geez, we had a blocked punt TD, an INT TD, and INT returned inside their 10 yard line, and a kickoff return DEEP into their territory.

Going 14-31 for 205 yards is "doing it for Morris"? <--those stats will LOSE most games

Also, to the other posters...I know for a fact that in '07 "WE" heard reviews of how TIGHT the team was. To say they had quit 'playing for Gruden' is nonsense.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#29 : May 15, 2010, 06:18:50 PM

Aw, come on. I was AT that game.
Don't you think that's kind of a "reach" statement?

I mean, geez, we had a blocked punt TD, an INT TD, and INT returned inside their 10 yard line, and a kickoff return DEEP into their territory.

Going 14-31 for 205 yards is "doing it for Morris"? <--those stats will LOSE most games

Also, to the other posters...I know for a fact that in '07 "WE" heard reviews of how TIGHT the team was. To say they had quit 'playing for Gruden' is nonsense.

I dont care what his stats were. We were down 28-17 with 10 minutes left and Freeman made BIG TIME plays to win that game.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: java got me. finally hooked me. lets talk Jon gruden. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools