Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would You Let Your Kid.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: May 15, 2010, 03:59:30 PM

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/14/single-ladies-little-girls/?feedItemId=13679&siteId=18

Earlier this week, a YouTube video surfaced from The World of Dance competition in which a group of young -- and we mean really young -- girls wearing midriff-baring tops, short skirts and black stockings dance to Beyonce's 'Single Ladies.' The dance troupe, called Precision Dance, hails from Orange County, and definitely "put a ring on it" during the competition in Pomona on April 10.

Larry Peters, executive vice president of The Hozman Group and rep for the dance competition, says the controversy was blown out of proportion. "There has been a great deal of controversy regarding this performance, and it has been taken out of context. It is a little sensitive now, to say the least," Peters tells PopEater.

You should watch the video. I'm left trying to fathom the parents that let their kids do this.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 15, 2010, 04:10:28 PM

Wow.  As to the parents comments - Double Wow.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 15, 2010, 04:28:54 PM

Couldn't watch the whole clip. Right after the "lead" dancer lifted her leg up and showed the whole world her cam-toe (for like ten seconds) in uber short-shorts, I couldn't understand how their parents don't think that's just a little bit dirty to say the least.

So I guess we're all perverts for watching them? Or are they for producing such a routine? Nice turn on words by those people.... "We're not perverts... You are." Riiiight...

All I gotta say is, good luck with raising them, and having any kind of "following" besides the peds they'll get.

It could have been worse, but damn... that doesn't make it right, does it?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 15, 2010, 05:45:11 PM

Disturbing but Im not the least bit surprised. Turn on MTV, VH1, or even the Disney Channel and you will find teens and adults dancing this way all the time. Go to Wal-Mart and see what clothes parents these days are buying for their kids.

#4 : May 15, 2010, 06:41:53 PM

WTF? Pedo at its best

RonDiazlol

Starter

#5 : May 15, 2010, 07:36:26 PM

Hell no. Im am borderline with the make up my daughter has to wear when in AAU Gymnastics meets.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 15, 2010, 07:59:03 PM

Couldn't watch the whole clip. Right after the "lead" dancer lifted her leg up and showed the whole world her cam-toe (for like ten seconds) in uber short-shorts, I couldn't understand how their parents don't think that's just a little bit dirty to say the least.

LMAO!!!!

Serious question... is that any different than what you'd seen from gymnastics?

As a father of an 11 yr old who's involved in dance, i had no problem with the routine.... my problem is with the outfits. My daughter could never dress like that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 15, 2010, 09:30:47 PM

The outfits were the biggest problem in my opinion.  Other than the last few seconds of the routine, I didn't think anything of it.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 15, 2010, 09:31:07 PM

Disturbing but Im not the least bit surprised. Turn on MTV, VH1, or even the Disney Channel and you will find teens and adults dancing this way all the time. Go to Wal-Mart and see what clothes parents these days are buying for their kids.

king of hyperbole

Booker

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 15, 2010, 09:33:42 PM

I watched it and waited to so OMG, but never did. Just a PC world making too much of nothing. Will be a great day when we stop becoming such sissies.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 15, 2010, 09:44:50 PM

That is disgusting, and a pedophiles dream.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 15, 2010, 09:58:42 PM

king of hyperbole

Hyperbole? How is that hyperbole? I simply said like it or not this has become the norm of society.

Watch Beyonce's music video and try to tell me that it isnt sexually-suggestive. And then you have 8 year olds emulating it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 15, 2010, 10:01:56 PM

hy·per·bo·le   [hahy-pur-buh-lee]  Show IPA
–nounRhetoric.
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 15, 2010, 10:04:11 PM

hy�per�bo�le   [hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA
�nounRhetoric.
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as �to wait an eternity.�

ok, so it's not intentional

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 15, 2010, 10:10:37 PM

LMAO

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would You Let Your Kid.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools