Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would You Let Your Kid.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 15, 2010, 10:21:03 PM

bait619

Starter

#16 : May 15, 2010, 10:51:39 PM

the parents said they got the moves from the chipmunks and haven't even watched the beyonce video

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 16, 2010, 01:09:07 AM

Couldn't watch the whole clip. Right after the "lead" dancer lifted her leg up and showed the whole world her cam-toe (for like ten seconds) in uber short-shorts, I couldn't understand how their parents don't think that's just a little bit dirty to say the least.

LMAO!!!!

Serious question... is that any different than what you'd seen from gymnastics?

As a father of an 11 yr old who's involved in dance, i had no problem with the routine.... my problem is with the outfits. My daughter could never dress like that.

Well, to be honest, I've never been a fan of gymnastics. Me likeum Volleyball girls.

My problem is the actual fact they (Parents or observers) can't distinguish the difference between CGI chipmonks dancing like that, to their own children dressing/dancing like that. Imo, there is no logical explanation for little girls getting on any stage dressed like that... doing splits and such. None. Might has well have had them all line up and do that "junk in the trunk" dance. At least in Gymnastics there is some actual seriousness of a sport. It does not have nearly as much "sex-sells" crap as dancing or any of today's music industries from what I've seen.

I have a 9 year old, and if I ever were to have some choreographer try and dress my kid up like that, there would shortly be assault charges. All joking aside. I honestly don't know how someone (anyone) didn't see that routine before showtime and say "Damn, better change that." Anyone? No?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 16, 2010, 01:14:26 AM

It is not the routine that really bothers me...

The music, the dance moves behind the "sexiness" of the music, the dress...that bothered me. 

Not my kid though.  In short, Nope.  If my little girl said dad, this is what I want to do, I would have taken her off the stage, and she would have been pissed, but I would have bought her another horse, and she would calm down..,.ha ha ha!  Actually, I wouldn;t do that...that is a StripJointJohn move...

I would just tell her no.  Not under my watch.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 16, 2010, 01:20:05 AM

Any parent that would let their kid wear that outfit is nuts.   Those kids are too young to be dressing like that.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 16, 2010, 02:14:11 AM

Gymnastics is an athletic competition. It's not meant to be sexually-charged.

Beyonce's video IS meant to be sexually-suggestive. Which is fine because she is 28 years old, attractive, and very talented. But should 8 year olds really be emulating her?

If they were teens, I wouldnt have much of a problem. A teen is old enough to understand what is going on. An 8 year old Im not so sure.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#21 : May 16, 2010, 02:32:50 AM

#22 : May 16, 2010, 02:36:32 AM

It is not the routine that really bothers me...

The music, the dance moves behind the "sexiness" of the music, the dress...that bothered me. 

Not my kid though.  In short, Nope.  If my little girl said dad, this is what I want to do, I would have taken her off the stage, and she would have been pissed, but I would have bought her another horse, and she would calm down..,.ha ha ha!  Actually, I wouldn;t do that...that is a StripJointJohn move...

I would just tell her no.  Not under my watch.
Lmao I was waiting for the last punchline.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 17, 2010, 09:24:10 PM

Couldn't watch the whole clip. Right after the "lead" dancer lifted her leg up and showed the whole world her cam-toe (for like ten seconds) in uber short-shorts, I couldn't understand how their parents don't think that's just a little bit dirty to say the least.

LMAO!!!!

As a father of an 11 yr old who's involved in dance, i had no problem with the routine.... my problem is with the outfits. My daughter could never dress like that.

Well, to be honest, I've never been a fan of gymnastics. Me likeum Volleyball girls.

My problem is the actual fact they (Parents or observers) can't distinguish the difference between CGI chipmonks dancing like that, to their own children dressing/dancing like that. Imo, there is no logical explanation for little girls getting on any stage dressed like that... doing splits and such. None. Might has well have had them all line up and do that "junk in the trunk" dance. At least in Gymnastics there is some actual seriousness of a sport. It does not have nearly as much "sex-sells" crap as dancing or any of today's music industries from what I've seen.

I have a 9 year old, and if I ever were to have some choreographer try and dress my kid up like that, there would shortly be assault charges. All joking aside. I honestly don't know how someone (anyone) didn't see that routine before showtime and say "Damn, better change that." Anyone? No?

Exactly - use the 'what would my mother think? test - that act fails.  I can almost feel the backhand.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 18, 2010, 07:19:48 PM

The gymnastics reference was in response to this post:

Right after the "lead" dancer lifted her leg up and showed the whole world her cam-toe (for like ten seconds) in uber short-shorts, I couldn't understand how their parents don't think that's just a little bit dirty to say the least.

which is why i asked whats the difference between that and what you'd see in any gymnastics routine. Frankly, i'm a lil disturbed by anyone that could look at one of those lil girls and think "cam-toe".

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 18, 2010, 07:31:36 PM

LMAO!!!!

Well I was just thinkin that the costues made them a little extra slutty looking.  I'd have a real hard time with that if I went to dress rehearsal and say that...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 24, 2010, 01:58:21 AM

The gymnastics reference was in response to this post:

Right after the "lead" dancer lifted her leg up and showed the whole world her cam-toe (for like ten seconds) in uber short-shorts, I couldn't understand how their parents don't think that's just a little bit dirty to say the least.

which is why i asked whats the difference between that and what you'd see in any gymnastics routine. Frankly, i'm a lil disturbed by anyone that could look at one of those lil girls and think "cam-toe".

I guess thats the wrong way to put it. I didn't mean it to sound bad. I'm actually quite a prude when it comes to young girls wearing little clothing. It sets a bad standard, and perverts get bad ideas.

The point I was trying to make was that there shouldn't have ever been a "cam-toe" to begin with. They should have never seen the stage in those outfits, let alone even had them made.

I understand having close-fitting clothing for dancing is supposed to help movment, but that was going too far if you include the routine they used and the age of the girls.

Those are someone elses children, they can do as they wish. As for mine, no way in hell would I allow it. As Chris Rock once said.. "My only Job as a father... The one thing I can't mess up... is to keep her off the (strip)pole." It's like they're aiming their kids in that direction.  [banghead]

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 24, 2010, 03:43:31 AM

Man that is really quite disturbing and the parents of these kids should just be ashamed.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 24, 2010, 09:14:53 AM

The outfits were the biggest problem in my opinion. Other than the last few seconds of the routine, I didn't think anything of it.

Kind of my thinking, too. Dancing got a tad provocative at times but was definitely made worse by the hooker outfits ... Do have to admit, though, that they did a damn good job.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#29 : May 24, 2010, 02:31:34 PM

Gymnastics is an athletic competition. It's not meant to be sexually-charged.

Beyonce's video IS meant to be sexually-suggestive. Which is fine because she is 28 years old, attractive, and very talented. But should 8 year olds really be emulating her?

If they were teens, I wouldnt have much of a problem. A teen is old enough to understand what is going on. An 8 year old Im not so sure.

why does michael jackson like twenty eight years old?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would You Let Your Kid.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools