Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HTC Evo « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 16, 2010, 09:27:16 PM

Isn't the iPhone that's coming out in July going to be 4g?

I'm not much of an Apple guy but I do enjoy my iPhone.  However, the new Microsoft phones look sweet as hell with the Window Mobile 7 interface.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 16, 2010, 09:27:32 PM

so 850mhz is better than 1900mhz?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 16, 2010, 09:31:55 PM

No, actually its the 4th generation iPhone but its not 4g compatible.   The 5g iPhone will actually be 4g...makes sense.  LOL

Boid - At&T's contract with Apple was due to expire this fall but they got an extension for offering a no contract rate on the iPad.  The iPhone 5g will be released on Verizon, and probably all other networks as Apple are losing ground fast with the one network policy.

so 850mhz is better than 1900mhz?

It is significantly better at penetrating buildings. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 16, 2010, 09:33:31 PM

No, actually its the 4th generation iPhone but its not 4g compatible.   The 5g iPhone will actually be 4g...makes sense.  LOL

Boid - At&T's contract with Apple was due to expire this fall but they got an extension for offering a no contract rate on the iPad.  The iPhone 5g will be released on Verizon, and probably all other networks as Apple are losing ground fast with the one network policy.
Ahhh...I will wait then.  as much as the Incredible looks to be a great phone, I truly love the Iphone.  And if it is coming to Verizon, I am on it!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 16, 2010, 09:36:00 PM

Ahhh...I will wait then.  as much as the Incredible looks to be a great phone, I truly love the Iphone.  And if it is coming to Verizon, I am on it!

The Android phones are coming think and fast now.  I bet Verizon will have two or three newer Droid phones by early next year.  Apple are going to struggle keeping up with multiple companies using the Android platform. 

#20 : May 16, 2010, 09:36:47 PM

I currently have the Pre.. which is a kool fone. The WebOS is great but the fone locks up waaaaay too much for my liking and the battery life is turrrrrrible.
Indeed and I always get the "too many cards" pop up and I have nothing open. Quite annoying.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 16, 2010, 09:48:57 PM

I currently have the Pre.. which is a kool fone. The WebOS is great but the fone locks up waaaaay too much for my liking and the battery life is turrrrrrible.
Indeed and I always get the "too many cards" pop up and I have nothing open. Quite annoying.

I've gotten that once.

The side of my case cracked..... which i hear is very common. Luckily for me, my buddy hooked me up with new one.

#22 : May 16, 2010, 09:50:14 PM

I've gotten that once.

The side of my case cracked..... which i hear is very common. Luckily for me, my buddy hooked me up with new one.
Yeah mine is pretty messed up. I had to get the touchtone just to charge my phone now.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 16, 2010, 10:01:30 PM

love the touchstone.... will miss it when I get my Evo.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 16, 2010, 10:08:40 PM

I have the HTS Droid Eris and absolutely love it.

As with ALL smartphones, the battery life sucks. 

#25 : May 16, 2010, 10:12:53 PM

I wonder how much Sprint will charge to upgrade from the Palm Pre to HTC Evo

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#26 : May 16, 2010, 10:18:22 PM

I wonder how much Sprint will charge to upgrade from the Palm Pre to HTC Evo

$199 after $100 rebate through Sprint. Best Buy will probably have it for that price without the rebate.

#27 : May 16, 2010, 10:26:39 PM

300 dollars jesus. I would do it for many 100 for an upgrade. Ive been a loyal customer and paid every before it was due. I should be given a discount.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 16, 2010, 10:45:09 PM

300 dollars jesus. I would do it for many 100 for an upgrade. Ive been a loyal customer and paid every before it was due. I should be given a discount.

Ain't happening dude. If you're under contract, the only way you'll get a break is if you're part of Sprint Premier.

#29 : May 16, 2010, 10:51:17 PM

I am.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HTC Evo « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools