Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urrutia arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: May 17, 2010, 11:37:53 PM

See ya.  Take Clayton with you on the way out

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Mario Urrutia-WR- Buccaneers   May. 17 - 11:28 pm et

Bucs WR Mario Urrutia was reportedly arrested Sunday for a drivers license violation.
Urrutia was detained by Hillsborough County police for a "violation of non-resident drivers license" -- a misdemeanor in Florida. The charge is minor, but the bad publicity generated by any arrest is bad news for a fringe player.
Source: St. Petersburg Times

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 17, 2010, 11:38:38 PM

big deal....

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#2 : May 17, 2010, 11:47:08 PM

Yeah in most cases if one just shows the judge a valid FL licence and then the case will be dropped with a minor fine, just like not having proof of insurance. 

shawn731

Starter

#3 : May 18, 2010, 06:16:01 AM

Something missing out of this story, they could have issued him a summons or a ticket.  Getting arrested seems harsh.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 18, 2010, 09:16:20 AM

Hope he gets a chance and this is nothing, he didn't have a fl licesne? So what? Cop was being a. D

goto11

Starter
#5 : May 18, 2010, 09:34:08 AM

I was very nearly arrested for this in the 90s in Clearwater. Some old lady ran into my car in a parking lot. A cop came to file a report, asked for my license and asked if I lived in Florida now.  I said yes and he said, "You know, I could take you to jail right now for not getting this changed."  But he said it like a jerk.  I think if I had showed even the slightest bit of attitude, he would have taken me in, but I just yes sirred and no sirred and he told me to get it done the next day.  My point is that this is no big deal and largely depends on how big of a d-bag the cop is.

armydx316

Starter

#6 : May 18, 2010, 09:37:03 AM

See ya. Take Clayton with you on the way out

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Mario Urrutia-WR- Buccaneers   May. 17 - 11:28 pm et

Bucs WR Mario Urrutia was reportedly arrested Sunday for a drivers license violation.
Urrutia was detained by Hillsborough County police for a "violation of non-resident drivers license" -- a misdemeanor in Florida. The charge is minor, but the bad publicity generated by any arrest is bad news for a fringe player.
Source: St. Petersburg Times

You think he is gone because of a misdemeanor? Rigghhtt.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 18, 2010, 09:48:41 AM

He's gone, but it will have jack squat to do with this minor incident.

psymun

Starter
#8 : May 18, 2010, 09:54:55 AM

I honestly don't fully understand this... When it comes to a fringe NFL player... I guess it's just a nuisance for them to have to go and get a new drivers license in every state they try out for a team, not knowing whether or not they're going to be there full time. Especially if their main residence is not in Florida.

And where does this end? If a player has a residence in Florida and a residence in Georgia... Do they have to carry 2 sets of tags and 2 sets of drivers licenses?

During the offseason they're living in one state, during the season they're living in the other... And to make matters worse, if I'm not mistaken, some states have laws against carrying 2 IDs with you even if they are from different states.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 18, 2010, 10:07:00 AM

DWB? there's no indication of what he was actually pulled over for initially.

obuc

Starter

#10 : May 18, 2010, 10:17:04 AM

He was pulled over for being 6' 6" and black driving a nice car. So after su**CENSORED**ion of drugs they haul him in with only the drivers license as a reason. they hold him, check him out and then release him on bond.

goto11

Starter
#11 : May 18, 2010, 10:17:51 AM

Even if you are just a part-time resident, if you work in Florida, you are required to have a Florida driver's license or state ID.

C2asante

Starter

#12 : May 18, 2010, 10:20:10 AM

If you were a young Black male driving a nice car you would know there is nothing unusual about being pulled over for no apparent offense and being treated guilty until you prove yourself innocent.  I am sure many will say I am playing some mythological race card but the truth is most people would not have been stopped and arrested for this offense and had Mario been the punter driving a Ford Explorer he would not have even been stopped.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 18, 2010, 10:23:41 AM

DWB = driving while black

DWB? there's no indication of what he was actually pulled over for initially.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 18, 2010, 10:44:50 AM

He's gone, but it will have jack squat to do with this minor incident.
Eggzactly.

Unless Urrutia lights it up, and I mean REALLY lights it up, he is PS material, or dead meat (cut).

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urrutia arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools