Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urrutia arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

jbear

Pro Bowler

#15 : May 18, 2010, 11:15:30 AM

I was very nearly arrested for this in the 90s in Clearwater. Some old lady ran into my car in a parking lot. A cop came to file a report, asked for my license and asked if I lived in Florida now. I said yes and he said, "You know, I could take you to jail right now for not getting this changed." But he said it like a jerk. I think if I had showed even the slightest bit of attitude, he would have taken me in, but I just yes sirred and no sirred and he told me to get it done the next day. My point is that this is no big deal and largely depends on how big of a d-bag the cop is.

It's definately true.  I don't understand what the big deal is if you don't go get your address changed the day after you move somewhere new.  I know its because of criminal activity that they make such a big deal about it but I'm a law abiding citizen... I don't use my id for anything but to get a beer once in a while.  If I get pulled over for speeding I can always tell them I live at wherever my DL says I live.  **CENSORED** them.  It all feels like an intrusion to me. It's Big brother demanding that we check in all the time just in case we ever do something they don't like.  Police shouldn't be able to take someone's freedom away, even for a few hours because of something like this.  You should get a citation that gives you 30 days to get it changed or a fine. Nobody should ever go to jail over it.

This is nothing unless there's more to it. 

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 18, 2010, 11:38:45 AM

Back in 1973 when we moved to Dade county in FL from NJ, we both got a FL license. We had to surrender our NJ license.

Don't know if that is still the case.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 18, 2010, 11:52:14 AM

LOL @ the race-baitors.  You have no idea why he was pulled over, but it has to be because he's black and driving a nice car.

C2asante

Starter

#18 : May 18, 2010, 07:35:29 PM

^ Why do you suppose he was pulled over?  Clearly some have experience with this that you don't have.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 18, 2010, 08:24:16 PM

^ Why do you suppose he was pulled over?  Clearly some have experience with this that you don't have.

Most likely because he was doing something dumb.

I'm sure being a black person driving any type of car didn't help him out any, and if you don't think that's the case.. you don't have much experience with law enforcement.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Bucsfan17

Practice Squad

#20 : May 18, 2010, 08:34:27 PM

It's just plain stupid. Unless he did something that was actually bad. I mean why arrest the guy for just not having a FL drivers license? He doesn't even live there for most of the time. Like I said at the beginning it's just plain stupid.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 18, 2010, 08:50:09 PM

Who knows?  I was pulled over last week for not wearing my friggin' seat belt (that's all it takes now BTW) by a cop of different race, and there wasn't one second where I thought it racially motivated.

You're a race-baitor, you've proven that time and time again on these forums.

C2asante

Starter

#22 : May 19, 2010, 01:07:40 AM

Were you arrested for the seat belt infraction?  Your calling me a race baiter means absolutely nothing to me.  But your defense of the police in a situation you have no facts about or experience with is quite telling. 

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#23 : May 19, 2010, 08:58:26 PM

The reason the majority of cops are jerks is because the general public turns them into jerks.

We pop out of the acadaemy ready to protect and serve.

And the first person you pull over is a an old lady who spits at you, a black dude who screams at you and calls you racist, another cop that flashes you a badge, a chick that shows you her tits and then screams at you when it doesnt get her out of a ticket.

People like c2asante disgust me.

Why does his opinion disgust you? He's not applying a stereotype to all law enforement officers, he's making a point that in other cities or states there has been a rampant problem with racial profiling. It's documented.

I respect what you do as an officer of the law and a public servant. I'm a public servant myself and served in the military, but I've also been victim of racial profiling. It happens, I don't hate all officers because of it, but it sucks to go through situations like that and then have people who've never been in a situation like that say it doesn't exist.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#24 : May 19, 2010, 10:41:14 AM

But your defense of the police in a situation you have no facts about or experience with is quite telling. 

The irony of this particular quote is so overwhelming.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 19, 2010, 11:05:43 AM

Were you arrested for the seat belt infraction?

Why would I be?  That's not an arrestable offense.

Your calling me a race baiter means absolutely nothing to me. 

I'm sure it doesn't.  Why would that bother someone like you, who has used the derogatory term "**CENSORED**" towards another poster on this forum.

But your defense of the police in a situation you have no facts about or experience with is quite telling. 

First of all, Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha @ the irony

Secondly, I haven't defended anybody Rev. Al.  I, and you, don't know what the facts are as to why this guy was pulled over.  However, that doesn't stop a race baitor like you from automatically jumping to conclusions like the guy was pulled over just because he was black.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#26 : May 19, 2010, 11:35:37 AM

^ Why do you suppose he was pulled over? Clearly some have experience with this that you don't have.

You do have a point.  Its obvious to anybody that racial profiling does at times happen.  That said, it's also obvious that you're blind to another cultural anomoly that also plays a role in these situations.

Young black men often have a negative opinion of the police perhaps steming from real life incidents where they felt they were profiled or were being treated unfairly.  That negative opinion surely manifests itself on occasion in the form of disrespect to police officers.  None of us knows what happened here but this sounds like either a racist cop or a young black man getting lippy with the cop because of some percieved injustice.  As a white man having grown up in a middle class predominately white, pretty much crime free neighborhood, I'm inclined to think the police have the public interest at heart.  If I were a young black man I might feel differently. 

Its a sad fact of life that we have such distrust but I think its more likely that Mario was responsible for this than there is that it was a racist cop just tryin to make his life miserable.  I find it hard to believe there are many people quite that racist out there because I'm white and I don't know one person who thinks that way.

C2asante

Starter

#27 : May 19, 2010, 06:30:21 PM

^ I applaud your ability to see the world through your own perspective while at the same time realizing others may have a different world view that is equally valid based on their experience. 

Some people don't get it either because of lack of ability to comprehend and others get it but just want to bury their heads in the sand and deny social ills like racism exists.  Calling me a race baiter and making fun of Rev. Sharpton in no way offends me, it only demeans your own character and indicates your ignorance and irrational fear.   I won't waste energy debating it with you any longer, believe whatever you want, you and your opinions really don't matter to me either way.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 19, 2010, 07:21:36 PM

Some people don't get it either because of lack of ability to comprehend and others get it but just want to bury their heads in the sand and deny social ills like racism exists.  Calling me a race baiter and making fun of Rev. Sharpton in no way offends me, it only demeans your own character and indicates your ignorance and irrational fear.   I won't waste energy debating it with you any longer, believe whatever you want, you and your opinions really don't matter to me either way.

Yeah, you're above it all with great character:

people like this oregon **CENSORED**

You're obviously a shining beacon of love and acceptance without any racial prejudice.

Race baitor.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 19, 2010, 07:31:28 PM

The reason the majority of cops are jerks is because the general public turns them into jerks.

We pop out of the acadaemy ready to protect and serve.

And the first person you pull over is a an old lady who spits at you, a black dude who screams at you and calls you racist, another cop that flashes you a badge, a chick that shows you her tits and then screams at you when it doesnt get her out of a ticket.

People like c2asante disgust me.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urrutia arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools