Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BP Isn't BOOMING ! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

RonDiazlol

Starter

: May 20, 2010, 07:41:53 PM

Pretty damn interesting IMO
!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 20, 2010, 08:25:11 PM

It is a dog and pony show.  If this gets any worse, if will devastate Florida.  The tourism industry has yet to feel the big hit.  When that happens people are going to be very upset.  This is going to cost Florida billions and billions.   Obama is making the handling of Katrina look good.  Nice of the Govt. to give us a nice webcam of the disaster with a fancy link name.  Funny, I thought it was changed to climate change.  Interesting.
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam/

RonDiazlol

Starter

#2 : May 20, 2010, 08:38:57 PM

I dont see how they are saying its going to cost only 750 million to clean this up, there is no possible way.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 20, 2010, 08:42:13 PM

It is a dog and pony show.  If this gets any worse, if will devastate Florida.  The tourism industry has yet to feel the big hit.  When that happens people are going to be very upset.  This is going to cost Florida billions and billions.   Obama is making the handling of Katrina look good.  Nice of the Govt. to give us a nice webcam of the disaster with a fancy link name. Funny, I thought it was changed to climate change. Interesting.
http://globalwarming.house.gov/spillcam/
It didn't take long to put this on Obama...Katrina was a natural disaster...this is a man made disaster...There is only so much you can do with a oil spill like this...I am sure they are holding the Money pockets of BP to the hilt...I didn't see any of the federal agencies on captial hill getting the butts handed to them after the Katrina fiasco...In the Bush Era...OBD

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 20, 2010, 09:02:06 PM

It didn't take long to put this on Obama...Katrina was a natural disaster...this is a man made disaster...There is only so much you can do with a oil spill like this...I am sure they are holding the Money pockets of BP to the hilt...I didn't see any of the federal agencies on captial hill getting the butts handed to them after the Katrina fiasco...In the Bush Era...OBD
Never mind the fact that BP didn't look like they knew what they were doing two weeks ago.  Much less now.  Never mind the fact that someone signed off on no regulations for this particular well.
http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/46831

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 20, 2010, 09:11:36 PM

And why is Obama mad at BP for not having a backup plan when neither he nor the government had one either?  Governments are supposed to protect people from things like this.  What else are they there for?

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 20, 2010, 10:06:00 PM

And why is Obama mad at BP for not having a backup plan when neither he nor the government had one either? Governments are supposed to protect people from things like this. What else are they there for?
LOL I can't believe that I am reading this but here is something for you. The oil industry was in bed for the past eight years under the Bush Administration. The saftey valve was supposed to be installed way back then and maybe even before, but what is concerning me is that you can't see the reports where all the federal people who were inspecting years before Obama got into office was being wined and dined and got too cozy with Big Oil...They just screwed the people and you want to blame One man not even two years into office...How about blaming all the stupid people like the 535
Congressmen and Women, Senators both Republicans and Democrats...Get off of your one man band destroying rampage and look at the bigger picture...JMVHO...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 20, 2010, 10:08:21 PM

Pretty damn interesting IMO
!
I even learned how to do the boom layout...Man they are so stupid thinking that this information would not find it's way out...I hope they wake up soon...OBD

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 20, 2010, 10:35:28 PM

Why would anyone blame the Messiah for this?  His hands are clean with BP, right?

This is obviously Bush's fault as well.

bait619

Starter

#9 : May 21, 2010, 04:05:23 AM

And why is Obama mad at BP for not having a backup plan when neither he nor the government had one either?  Governments are supposed to protect people from things like this.  What else are they there for?

They do that through regulation...You want more Federal regulation? Isn't that the opposite of what you want?  Guess not

#10 : May 21, 2010, 04:25:04 AM

That guys voice is sooo annoying.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 21, 2010, 04:57:32 AM

They do that through regulation...You want more Federal regulation? Isn't that the opposite of what you want?  Guess not
The regulations in place need to be properly enforced.  I have no problem with the government regulating oil platforms in federal waters.  I have problems with things like owning car companies.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 21, 2010, 05:42:05 AM

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2010/post-disaster-permits-05-07-2010.html
Even as the BP drilling explosion which killed eleven people continues to gush hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil per day into the Gulf of Mexico, the U.S. Department of Interior’s Minerals Management Service (MMS) has continued to exempt dangerous new drilling operations from environmental review. Twenty-seven new offshore drilling projects have been approved since April 20, 2010; twenty-six under the same environmental review exemption used to approve the disastrous BP drilling that is fouling the Gulf and its wildlife.

“The MMS has learned absolutely nothing from this national catastrophe,” said Kierán Suckling, executive director of the Center for Biological Diversity, “It is still illegally exempting dangerous offshore drilling projects in the Gulf of Mexico from all environmental review. It is outrageous and unacceptable.”

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 21, 2010, 06:44:36 AM

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2010/post-disaster-permits-05-07-2010.html
Even as the BP drilling explosion which killed eleven people continues to gush hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil per day into the Gulf of Mexico, the U.S. Department of Interior�s Minerals Management Service (MMS) has continued to exempt dangerous new drilling operations from environmental review. Twenty-seven new offshore drilling projects have been approved since April 20, 2010; twenty-six under the same environmental review exemption used to approve the disastrous BP drilling that is fouling the Gulf and its wildlife.

�The MMS has learned absolutely nothing from this national catastrophe,� said Kier�n Suckling, executive director of the Center for Biological Diversity, �It is still illegally exempting dangerous offshore drilling projects in the Gulf of Mexico from all environmental review. It is outrageous and unacceptable.�

Thank God these new permits for new projects haven't gotten past the stage of getting built...I think they will do a little more intense inspections...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 21, 2010, 06:51:35 AM

When was this particular Oil Platform built? How many of the Department of Interior lower ranked inspectors are going to be under the gun for getting too close to the Oil Companies to turn the blind eye? There are plenty of reports going around now talking about the Career Inspectors who have gotten too close to Oil Companies and not done their job from what I have read and seen on the news. All I ask is that there should be more research done to actually pinpoint any and all involved and not turn this into a Republican bashing party on a Democratic President. If you can then find the connection between Obama and the Oil spill so be it, like it was tried with Katrina and Bush...What is so hard about do that?...I know...Its just too easy to attack with only surface information instead of just spending a little more time from the keyboard and just read up on all the reports and news...Partisian politics SUCKS...Be different look for a balanced answer and not one so biased...JMVHO...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BP Isn't BOOMING ! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools