Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's First Round Mock « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs1

Practice Squad
: March 08, 2007, 03:26:59 PM

I liked that first round mock.  I think that there were a couple of reaches though.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#1 : March 08, 2007, 03:25:06 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-mockdraft030707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech. This is one of the smartest picks on the board as they have added a veteran signal caller (Jeff Garcia), strengthened the left side of their offensive line and restructured the contract of veteran speedster Joey Galloway. Johnson would be a perfect complement to their offense, but if he comes off the board No. 1 overall, it is very possible the Bucs would deal down with a team looking for one of the quarterbacks as they have to address their defensive line early in this draft as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 08, 2007, 03:35:53 PM

They mentioned Joey restructuring, but what was the point?  It wasn't that big of a deal.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#3 : March 08, 2007, 03:42:46 PM

Maybe thier thinking he restructed so that he is cuttable next year????

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 08, 2007, 03:49:07 PM

I think it was done to give him more guaranteed money. He wasn't making a lot and the team felt he dseserved more for his services. Joey has done very well for us considering who he has to catch from.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

#5 : March 08, 2007, 04:04:25 PM

The word 'Restructuring' was flashed on the bottomline of ESPN, so it seems most people have been confused about the details.

This Bucs pick sounds well thought out, gotta give em props even though Joe Thomas is my boy

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 08, 2007, 05:17:30 PM

logical

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's First Round Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools