Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How good are the eagles? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 21, 2006, 12:43:10 PM

Obviously they have a better record than us, but their #1 offense ranking and their winning record came against some questionable teams.  Texans, 49ers, Green Bay.  And an emotional game against Dallas.

I wouldn't say they're a bad team, not by any means.  But just as we are a somewhat better team than our record shows, they seem to be somewhat less than theirs.  All of the teams they've beaten rank lower than us in DVOA ( http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/10/17/ramblings/dvoa-rankings/4409/ ) except Dallas.  Against our our one common opponent they had essentially the same game against them as we did, only you could argue that we actually played them better until that ST meltdown.

Everyone seems to think this is a lock for them.  I hope the Eagles' players do too, as they've shown a tendency to get lazy.  THis is going to be an intersting game.  If we win, we could expose some big issues on that team...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 21, 2006, 12:45:31 PM

If the defense shows up like they did against Cincy, we have a real shot at this game. I heard one Eagles fan ask how we would be able to stop McNabb with Kelly gone. I replied the same way we stopped Palmer, Chad and T.J.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : October 21, 2006, 01:10:33 PM

I think we have a real chance to win. I think the Eagles are the best team in the East this season but still think that coming off a really hard fought nail biting win, this Bucs team can turn the corner with this game.

If we win this game we will probably go on a winning streak. If we lose this game, be prepared for a top 5 pick.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 21, 2006, 01:12:05 PM

If bucs d repeats last week's level of performance and Bruce & Co step it up a little.  

Maybe we get the surprise of the bucs STs making a play.  It will good not to see Ike or Joey returning punts - I hope.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 21, 2006, 01:19:29 PM

If bucs d repeats last week's level of performance
No chance of that with Booger gone!!!

sarcasm for those comprehension challenged

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 21, 2006, 01:24:46 PM

I liked it - I am almost done missing him. 

That said, if Wyms doesn't provide more productivity - or God forbid - provides less - okay - we don't need to worry about that.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#6 : October 21, 2006, 01:31:02 PM

That said, if Wyms doesn't provide more productivity - or God forbid - provides less - okay - we don't need to worry about that.
Is it possible to provide less? I'm sure there is some algebraic equation that could formulate negative production........Booger/ab2x483t(2x+54.798r)= BUST!!!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 21, 2006, 01:38:02 PM

Abuccs,

Didn't need any numeric in your formula-the alpha was at the beginning and end sufficient.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 21, 2006, 01:47:47 PM

Is it possible to provide less?

Exactly

#9 : October 21, 2006, 02:46:16 PM

I think we'll win this game and go on a winning streak.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 21, 2006, 03:05:38 PM

i just having this feeling that we are going to whip that ass, i hope the D does just that

140BPM

Practice Squad

#11 : October 21, 2006, 03:13:43 PM

I think we have a real chance to win. I think the Eagles are the best team in the East this season but still think that coming off a really hard fought nail biting win, this Bucs team can turn the corner with this game.

If we win this game we will probably go on a winning streak. If we lose this game, be prepared for a top 5 pick.

They lost to NO last week, I don't think the Dallas game has anymore sway on how they feel now.

#12 : October 21, 2006, 05:42:07 PM

Good point Caradoc, but I still think they are an impressive team. We know McNabb is the real deal, he looks amazing this year just as heh as in years past. This is another Steve McNair type QB that I think are Bucs killers. He can scramble, he is smart enough to beat us underneath all game without getting greedy and he will take advantage of any break in coverage. Their OL is also the worst kind for the BUcs to face, a bunch of big talented maulers who can move well. I dont fear Westbrook as a runner against the Bucs D, but Im not sure Brooks can keep up with him anymore and I have no faith that our safeties can. Their DEs are very good, and their secondary is very good. Add in that they are a defense that runs a lot of exotic blitzes and we have a young inexperienced OL with a mediocre Center making the calls, and we could see a repeat of the Ravens game. This OL has struggle against blitzing teams the past few years because of inexperience or just bad chemistry

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 21, 2006, 05:45:30 PM

How good are the eagles?

Not good enough to beat the Bucs.   ;) ;D

conlon1

Starter

#14 : October 21, 2006, 06:13:40 PM

If the defense can keep McNabb from having a big day are chances could be pretty good in this game. Also depends on Westbrooks status which i believe is questionable.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How good are the eagles? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools