Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Costner should fire his agent! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: May 26, 2010, 11:56:36 PM

Is it just me, or is about 80% of the movies he has starred in are among the worst ever made? It's not the question of whether or not he's a good/bad actor, but that most of his movies just suck. It's got be his agent who finds these horrible roles for him. I watched a new one of his that Redbox was kind of promoting called, 'The New Daughter'. Absolutely horrible movie, plot/storyline, the ending is ranked right up there with 'The Mist' and 'No Country For Old Men' endings. Anybody else see this one? One of those straight to DVD movies, I should've saw it coming. Kevin Costner is the opposite to Morgan Freeman, I can't think of one movie of Freemans I didn't like. He and his agent can obviously pick them. Kevin Costner, not so much. DO NOT RENT 'THE NEW DAUGHTER'!!! 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 26, 2010, 11:57:51 PM

I just bought the DVD.   I hope it's good.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 27, 2010, 12:06:03 AM

I just bought the DVD.   I hope it's good.

Rut Row!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 27, 2010, 12:06:52 AM

I still remember Waterworld.

God that was awful.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 27, 2010, 12:22:19 AM

I don't know about that I really liked Bull Durham and Waterworld was decent.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 27, 2010, 09:24:13 AM

Open Range was B.A. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : May 27, 2010, 09:36:25 AM

For half of his crappy movies, I think he was the one who directed/produced it. I think after dances with wolves, he just got too full of himself.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 27, 2010, 10:00:10 AM

What's wrong with the endings to The Mist and No Country For Old Men? I thought both had pretty great endings.

BucNative

Starter

#8 : May 27, 2010, 10:12:04 AM

He's a horrible actor period.  I mean he really sucks.  Thats why his movies are bad, on top of bad storylines.  The Postman and Mr. Brooks come to mind of how bad his movies are.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 27, 2010, 10:15:31 AM

What's wrong with the endings to The Mist and No Country For Old Men? I thought both had pretty great endings.
agreed.  what do you want, a happy ending for every movie?

Dash Riprock

Starter

#10 : May 27, 2010, 11:00:42 AM

DWW,Wyatt earp,Bull Durham, Tin Cup, JFK, Open Range and field of dreams are good to great movies IMHO

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 27, 2010, 11:03:34 AM

I just watched The New Daughter.   I thought it was ok.   I thought it was better than crap like Book of Eli.

JC510

Practice Squad

#12 : May 27, 2010, 11:05:22 AM

Is it just me, or is about 80% of the movies he has starred in are among the worst ever made? It's not the question of whether or not he's a good/bad actor, but that most of his movies just suck. It's got be his agent who finds these horrible roles for him. I watched a new one of his that Redbox was kind of promoting called, 'The New Daughter'. Absolutely horrible movie, plot/storyline, the ending is ranked right up there with 'The Mist' and 'No Country For Old Men' endings. Anybody else see this one? One of those straight to DVD movies, I should've saw it coming. Kevin Costner is the opposite to Morgan Freeman, I can't think of one movie of Freemans I didn't like. He and his agent can obviously pick them. Kevin Costner, not so much. DO NOT RENT 'THE NEW DAUGHTER'!!!

What was wrong with the No Country for Old Men ending?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 27, 2010, 11:15:38 AM

I liked the ending to the New Daughter.   

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 27, 2010, 11:17:07 AM

I didn't think anyone would like NCFOM's ending. I mean, he goes through all that crap getting chased down by a pscychopathic killer, doing whatever he can to survive, then comes the ending. Then you here some gunshots, just to find out he was gunned down by a Mexican drug cartel and they take the money. They didn't even show it happen, he just laying on the ground dead when TLJ shows up. Then at the very end Tommy Lee Jones is rambling on about something to some inbred guy, the End. Yeah, great ending!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Costner should fire his agent! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools