Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Costner should fire his agent! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 27, 2010, 11:23:31 AM

I suppose you think the ending of the movie Seven was bad also?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 27, 2010, 11:40:10 AM

Yes he's not the greatest actor and a bunch of his movies have sucked recently...but not all and he has been in some truely great movies. Untouchables, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams, Dances With Wolves (yeah some didn't like it but I did), Tin Cup, JFK (I might not believe the story...but it was a good movie). Some other decent but not great ones include: For Love of the Game, Robin Hood (even though his acting and accent were pretty bad...the movie was good).

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 27, 2010, 11:42:41 AM

I didn't think anyone would like NCFOM's ending. I mean, he goes through all that crap getting chased down by a pscychopathic killer, doing whatever he can to survive, then comes the ending. Then you here some gunshots, just to find out he was gunned down by a Mexican drug cartel and they take the money. They didn't even show it happen, he just laying on the ground dead when TLJ shows up. Then at the very end Tommy Lee Jones is rambling on about something to some inbred guy, the End. Yeah, great ending!

That long boring speech explained the basis of the movie though, and the scene afterwards with the bad guy reinforced that. Not every story should have some ending where the protagonist shoots up all the bad guys and gets away happy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 27, 2010, 01:03:04 PM

He is bunk.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#19 : May 27, 2010, 03:03:41 PM

I didn't think anyone would like NCFOM's ending. I mean, he goes through all that crap getting chased down by a pscychopathic killer, doing whatever he can to survive, then comes the ending. Then you here some gunshots, just to find out he was gunned down by a Mexican drug cartel and they take the money. They didn't even show it happen, he just laying on the ground dead when TLJ shows up. Then at the very end Tommy Lee Jones is rambling on about something to some inbred guy, the End. Yeah, great ending!

That ending was classic Coen Brothers.. but alright.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 27, 2010, 03:37:50 PM

The whole point was to see the ending through Tommy Lee Jones's eyes.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 27, 2010, 05:50:58 PM

For half of his crappy movies, I think he was the one who directed/produced it. I think after dances with wolves, he just got too full of himself.

Bingo. If he is the producer, avoid at all costs. Postman= garbage Waterworld= 1 of the 10 worst movies ever. He turns a 100 minute story into a 150 minute snooze fest everytime. Even Dances with Wolves was longer than it needed to be.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 29, 2010, 07:03:56 AM

Dances With Wolves happens to be one of my favorite movies of all time.

I also liked Mr. Brooks and Field Of Dreams.

Btw, Morgan Freeman recently did a terrible movie. Its called "10 Items Or Less".

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 29, 2010, 08:36:25 AM

I thought 'Mr. Brooks' was Costner's best movie.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 29, 2010, 09:04:08 AM

Tin Cup was his best.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 29, 2010, 11:07:49 AM

Dances with Wolves was a great movie and so was Wyatt Earp...I also liked Tombstone which was the other Wyatt Earp movie but what the heck. I also liked water world he kinda reminded me of Aquaman and submariner...OBD

Stratobuc

Starter
#26 : May 29, 2010, 10:56:37 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's a better actor than Fifty Cent. I'm pretty sure he has more money as well.....

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 31, 2010, 04:59:24 PM

Dances with Wolves was a great movie and so was Wyatt Earp...I also liked Tombstone which was the other Wyatt Earp movie but what the heck. I also liked water world he kinda reminded me of Aquaman and submariner...OBD

Tombstone blew Wyatt Earp out of the water IMO

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 31, 2010, 05:15:04 PM

Tombstone blew Wyatt Earp out of the water IMO

Agreed. 'Wyatt Earp' is WAYYYYYY out of 'Tombstone' league. Kilmers portrayal of Doc Holliday was legendary in my oppinion. That is one movie no matter how many times I see it never gets old. "I'll be your Huckleberry".

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 31, 2010, 08:31:28 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's a better actor than Fifty Cent.

As if that's saying much.    I'm no Costner fan, but he's definitely better than Fifty Cent.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Costner should fire his agent! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools